Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Seige maps?

Page: 1 of 1
 Primrodo
11-14-2003, 4:58 PM
Just wondering if there are any seige maps being created for JA :) Its my favorite MP game and would love to see more maps :)

Let me know please!

Justin
 Mr. Chopper
11-14-2003, 8:39 PM
My group is making a siege map based on the endor mission (from ROTJ). :)
 Lindsey
11-14-2003, 9:23 PM
damn, I had that idea, tho Im not a good mapper yet.

Check out my Deathstar attack map at www,pcgamemods.com/2945/
 idontlikegeorge
11-14-2003, 9:42 PM
 Jedi Luke
11-15-2003, 12:01 AM
That Hoth one looks alright. My mates and i are also working on a siege map. We're doing the Geonosis battle with the federation starships, the walkers, etc. Your choice will either be for the Trade Federation or the Jedi (bad guys, good guys). If Jedi, you have a choice of being a jedi or a clonetrooper, different attributes will apply to each, for example, clonetrooper pilot, clonetrooper soldier, etc.
 WadeV1589
11-15-2003, 8:38 AM
Stargate based siege map here.

Is there anyone not considering if not already part of a siege map? :rolleyes:
 majortom1969
11-16-2003, 4:48 PM
i wish some1 would take the "Helms Deep" map and add Siege features to it :D
 wedge2211
11-16-2003, 7:51 PM
The thing about Helm's Deep is that, while Darth.Hunter did a fairly good job making it, it's very true to the movie sets, and looks pretty cool, it's just plain not a good JA map idea. With only 32 players, you can't do much with the map. That map, like its inspiration, is built as a fortress, so ideally one could creat a siege game where one team must defend the fort while th other has to storm it--the problem is that JA doesn't allow enough players, and it's all one big open space, so framerates will be horrid anyways. Wait for a game engine that will like over a hundred players in the same area before you do something like this. Helm's Deep looks cool...it's just not a good JA map. At all. Period.
 majortom1969
11-17-2003, 11:27 AM
thx for ur reply
:(
 ZH@o YuN
11-20-2003, 5:19 PM
Some of you may have already heard about this, but before Raven released the game, they had a Star Destroyer siege map in it, but LEC forced them to take it out :mad:! Why they did that I don't know...

Anyway, I've decided to make the map myself, and I've created a cool Star destroyer even if i say so myself!

Sources for the Star Destroyer can be found in the following places, just in case you don't believe me!

assets0.pk3 maps/mp/siege_destroyer.nav
assets0.pk3 strings/English/siege.str - look for parts that have "DEST" in the reference name
assets1.pk3 ext_data/siege/teams/siege4_imperial.team and siege4_rebel.team
assets1.pk3 textures/byss/ <= multiple textures beginning with isd_ meaning Imperial Star Destroyer.

There are a couple more but I can't be bothered to list them all...
 WadeV1589
11-20-2003, 5:41 PM
The destroyer level I was looking forward to. There has been no answer to it, nor to my question of if it was related to trigger_hyperspace. In fact every time I ask about trigger_hyperspace at map-center where Raven employees frequently post they never seem to comment at all. I hope this time is different though as I have actually stated they're averting it :p
 Primrodo
11-27-2003, 7:48 PM
A new hoth one cool!

I look forward to an Endor and the Geonosis ones!!

I would also lov eto see maybe a few Clone vs Droid maps and maybe another Tatooine.

Heck the Droids versus Gungans would be fun too!

Cannot wait to see what you guys make! :)
 MasterSidious
12-04-2003, 12:01 AM
A death star seige map? I know that it is kinda off from the first person shooter, but you know there could be like a base thing created, with ships at each base. I would make the map myself if I had the game. Anyone want to do this before so I and others can have this when Christmas finially comes? What do you think?
 ZH@o YuN
12-04-2003, 2:03 PM
Well, while I've been working on the Star Destroyer, I decided to have a go at making the Death Star, and decided it would take far too long to make every trench around it...

So from me you're just gonna get a Star Destroyer :P
 Ockniel
12-06-2003, 1:25 AM
man, that sounds cool! post a thread here when you finish it so i can download it!
Page: 1 of 1