Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

uiED

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Dravis
11-14-2003, 1:51 PM
Just to let everyone know, I'm working on a graphical .menu file editor. It's going to work as much like VB's IDE as possible, for ease of use.

Post any comments or helpful tidbits that you think I can use.

Right now I have a question: What is the coordinate system for menu files? How wide across & how high?
 razorace
11-14-2003, 8:02 PM
I beleive it's a virtual 640 x 480 that's scaled to whatever the real res is.
 Samuel Dravis
11-14-2003, 8:40 PM
Thanks Razorace. I thought it would be the lowest possible setting. :)

I think I'll make it where it can just display the menu first (with no modifying capabilities), then submit that as an early evaluation version. That way you don't have to start JA to see what your menu looks like.
 Emon
11-15-2003, 4:20 AM
Not saying you shouldn't bother, but Fracman from the DF team is already working on a visual MENU editor in C++ I believe, and has shader preview, too...
 Samuel Dravis
11-15-2003, 4:44 AM
Do you know if they are going to release it to everyone, or is it just going to be an 'in-house' thing?
 Fracman
11-15-2003, 9:17 AM
Its currently inhouse because its not yet ready for any release. As soon as its good enough and has no major bugs i'll release it on our page. See my answer (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117722) in our forum.
 Samuel Dravis
11-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Fracman and I are *probably* going to be working on his together. :thumbsup:
Page: 1 of 1