Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can you covert hal-life maps to jk2

Page: 1 of 1
 Initial GTO
11-13-2003, 1:52 AM
what program lets you convert half-life mod maps to jediknight2
 darthVADER
11-13-2003, 10:47 AM
simple awnser NO!!
half life and jk3 are 2 totaly dirent engines
 WadeV1589
11-13-2003, 12:31 PM
I think if you mapped the Half Life map in Radiant (as is possible) then you could potentially convert it. If you did it in the original Half Life editor I don't think it would be possible unless Q3Map2 can successfully convert enough of the BSP back.
 Lil Killa
11-14-2003, 2:22 AM
Originally posted by Buffy
they are both same .pk3 file but is possible to play SOF2 map in JA ?
thank you :rolleyes:

I have never seen a sof2map for JA and all the other ones I have tried for other gmes like rtcw and q3 don't seem to work.
 zeimi
11-14-2003, 6:16 AM
I know nothing about Q2 engine mapping but couldn't it be theoretically possible to load .map (whatever extension) file from original HL map to Q3Radiant and compile it with Q3map2?
They are both ID engines, right? They can't be totally different xd
 WadeV1589
11-14-2003, 10:53 AM
thank you
Yes it is, if you replace the entities and copy the textures over, cockyness will get you nowhere :p

Go to Jk2Files.com and look at SG4RealJA, that was originally made for Elite Force and myself and Scott got it workin in JA fine after tweaking.

I never said direct copies work, but minor modifications will work!

Thank you :rolleyes:
 Lil Killa
11-14-2003, 5:07 PM
Originally posted by zeimi
I know nothing about Q2 engine mapping but couldn't it be theoretically possible to load .map (whatever extension) file from original HL map to Q3Radiant and compile it with Q3map2?
They are both ID engines, right? They can't be totally different xd

Actually they can... and are...
 Emon
11-15-2003, 7:40 PM
HL is Quake I, but all Quake MAP formats are mostly the same.
 TPM_Montross
11-16-2003, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by Buffy
thank you :rolleyes:

um, i put a Elite force 2 map in my jk2 and it said it was the wrong version :confused: , no clue what that means, but it wouldnt work, and if i am correct both elite force and jk2 use the same kinda stuff as jk2 and Sof2

- Montross :jango2
 WadeV1589
11-16-2003, 2:57 PM
You can't play a BSP from one Quake 3 game in another, they hold version information to make them unique...nevermind all the entities vary.

However Q3Map2 can decompile any BSP made with the later versions back into a map, some things are lost (light entities for example) but that allows you to start conversion if you don't have the .map
 Emon
11-16-2003, 3:15 PM
It's the BSP format. SoFII, JO, JA, all use RBSP, Q3 and some others like EF use IBSP, and EFII uses whatever Ritual's format is, which is totally different, that's why EFII stuff wouldn't load. Infact, Ritual's stuff isn't really like anything else...
 Vile
11-22-2003, 3:41 PM
since I hate radiant compared to worldbuilder, can I make a map in worldbuilder with entities than change the entities to work with JA (using notepad)? And than how I convert the .map to JA's .bsp?
Page: 1 of 1