Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My Star Wars Music Mixes!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Zappa_0
11-10-2003, 2:56 AM
Hey all, I just wanted to show off some of my mixes that I have made. I have posted them on PCGameMods and the links to them are below:

Part 1- http://www.pcgamemods.com/2941/)

Part 2- http://www.pcgamemods.com/2943/)

Part 3- http://www.pcgamemods.com/2946/)

Part 4- http://www.pcgamemods.com/2947/)

If any mapper would like to include any of these mixes, you may. I will be releasing a few more packs later on.
 Covax
11-10-2003, 2:58 AM
Uhm... links lead to.. nothing. A PCGamesmods page with... nothing on it.
 Eldritch
11-10-2003, 3:40 AM
That's because I've removed them.

Sorry Zappa... we're not hosting mp3 files on PCGM.

With all this ugly business with the RIAA suing everyone who even whispers mp3, we don't want to take any chances.
 Zappa_0
11-10-2003, 10:14 AM
LOL Now Ive heard it all!! Ive spent alot of time on those and you just take them off. Its really said, it really is. Dening somebodys work that they worked on for along time. Now you bring the RIAA into this. Well concider this. All your mappers use music in their maps, they use star wars and anything else. So why take those off aswell. Hmmm?
 Zappa_0
11-10-2003, 10:50 AM
And one more thing, I can see why you took of that ** guy. Because he was getting the real things and sending them in. Mine were remixed, new music. If you cant tell by these post, that I am pissed. And to bring the RIAA into this, you take about every map on PCGM, because they have the mp3's in them. I know the stucture of a map. I know you will probally say that they are within the map. Yea they are but there still the real music tho. This is a good argument. Im no worse then them Eldritch. So I dont really see why you had to take them off. Please fill free to comment on what ive said, I would like to hear what youve got to say.
 Usurpo
11-10-2003, 11:38 AM
If they are anything like the music on ShroomDuck's Death Star, then I am game. Send them over to akaplan@cableone.net [e-mail and MSNIM] bahamaboy625 [AIM] or 257502983 [ICQ] Take your pick on which way you send them...in any case, I would like to hear 'em. Thanks.
 Covax
11-10-2003, 3:00 PM
:cool: *Ahem* I guess the trick is you just sent the MP3's and that's it, they wern't a mod or anything. What you COULD do (or get someone else to do for you) is just set them up as a mod, heck you wouldn't have to rename them if you edit the /ext_data/dms.dat file.

I mean, I've got 100+ megs of music for Dragon Remix hosted at several sites and I never got a peep legality wise.
 Zappa_0
11-10-2003, 7:12 PM
The Mp3's i sent in where my mixed versions I made myself. I didnt go download them off Kazaa and said "hey look, i will send in these mp3's of star wars music in to PCGM". I used the old music and then edited them together to make new music. Its the old stuff but better. I clearly view it as discrimination.
 Miko Reglia
11-10-2003, 10:23 PM
dude just make your mp3s as duel music modifiers, then theyd be considered mods:D
 Casper
11-18-2003, 1:13 AM
Originally posted by Eldritch
That's because I've removed them.

With all this ugly business with the RIAA suing everyone who even whispers mp3, we don't want to take any chances.
Eldritch quit deleting people's work the site is called pcgameMODS that means files that modify the game so quit deleting people's maps skins file's etc Its not right to the authors who made them
 Zappa_0
11-18-2003, 1:39 AM
Thanks for your support Nym and everybody else. Im gonna try to get them up on jk2files. So when I have something I will let you all know, especially you Eldritch!
 Casper
11-18-2003, 1:47 AM
np man now this messege is for you eldrich How would you like it if you submitted the completed version of your hogwarts and some admin diden't like it and deleted itI'm serious if you keep this up we will all protest to have your work deleted every time I go to pcgm I see files and the next day there gone that is not right so I'm with Zappa 101%.
 Zappa_0
11-18-2003, 2:03 AM
I will try to submit them again either tonight or tomorrow sometime. And once again thanks for the support.
 wedge2211
11-18-2003, 2:41 AM
Originally posted by Nym
np man now this messege is for you eldrich How would you like it if you submitted the completed version of your hogwarts and some admin diden't like it and deleted itI'm serious if you keep this up we will all protest to have your work deleted every time I go to pcgm I see files and the next day there gone that is not right so I'm with Zappa 101%.

There's no need to be antagonistic. Did you READ Eldritch's messages at all? He said that this is a pcgamemods policy decision, not HIS decision, so quit giving him crap for it. He aslo made a very valid point about RIAA suing everybody...after all, none of us (except you) want to see PCGM go down ENTIRELY, for good. This is just a simple case of economics: the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

And no, "we" will not all protest to have Eldritch's work "deleted." That's not what this is about. Mods are removed from PCGM when they are inappropriate, erroneous, or violate PCGM policies (although, it would be better if PCGM would post said policies in a highly noticeable location, such as their submit dialogue).

So forget this thing and quit being antagonistic and hostile.
 Casper
11-18-2003, 2:48 AM
Originally posted by wedge2211
There's no need to be antagonistic. Did you READ Eldritch's messages at all? He said that this is a pcgamemods policy decision, not HIS decision, so quit giving him crap for it. He aslo made a very valid point about RIAA suing everybody...after all, none of us (except you) want to see PCGM go down ENTIRELY, for good. This is just a simple case of economics: the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

And no, "we" will not all protest to have Eldritch's work "deleted." That's not what this is about. Mods are removed from PCGM when they are inappropriate, erroneous, or violate PCGM policies (although, it would be better if PCGM would post said policies in a highly noticeable location, such as their submit dialogue).

So forget this thing and quit being antagonistic and hostile.

Thats bull wedge he never even mentioned that it was pcgms policy and this mod is not inappropriate your attitude is inapropriate and the RIAA has nothing to do with this.
 Zappa_0
11-18-2003, 2:55 AM
Nym speaks of the truth. And if you wanna yell about the RIAA, concider this well and hard. Every map that you have on their has your so called music from anything. So we have a legalement cause here. And I believe that Serigo holds your chains over PCGM and he has the over all control of what goes on there.
 Casper
11-18-2003, 2:57 AM
Well said zappa well said.
 Zappa_0
11-18-2003, 2:59 AM
Oh Wedgy...one more thing "RIAA suing everybody" RIAA is sueing the ISP's for the names of the people hosting thousands of files over Kazaa and other software. This has nothing to do with RIAA. So its safe to say the RIAA doesnt even know about PCGM and wouldn't do a damn thing to them for hosting my files that I have did.
 wedge2211
11-18-2003, 3:39 AM

Note the underlined bits.

And by "note," I mean, "read."

Also, by "read," I mean "understand."

Take a minute to do that, now, before continuing...

Okay.

How does that not sound like a policy statement? "we're not hosting mp3 files...we don't want to take any chances"--the plural pronoun means that this is pcgamemods as a whole making these decisions, not Eldritch, not just Sergio, and most certainly not me. Eldritch does have a point. Music in a MP map is embedded in the .pk3 file, while what you submitted was exclusively mp3s, which are much more obvious. I don't like the RIAA, I don't think they're right, I don't think they should be doing what they're doing, but they are--suing ISPs to get names, and then suing those people. PCGM is nonprofit, free, makes no money, does not make a profit, has no bank account, and has no money. You don't want it sued.

It probably is safe to say that RIAA wouldn't do anything, since they probably wouldn't find your file. It's also probably safe to use KaZaA, since only some miniscule percentage of people have been sued. Odds are in your favor. However, I direct you to Eldritch's original message again:
we don't want to take any chances.

Note that the mp3s were NOT taken down because El didn't LIKE them, but because he's thinking of the greater safety of pcgamemods. So pack them in a .pk3, make it a "modifies standard JA duel music mod," credit all your sources, and you'll be fine--it'll be no different from a zillion other mods that, yes, use custom music that was at some point ripped from a CD. Everyone here, Eldritch included, knows that JA/JO mods are not going to be a significant source of pirated music downloading...the problem is, RIAA doesn't care who they sue, just so long as they get to stuff their pockets. The problem is how you advertise. "Replacement duel music mod" is a lot less high-profile than "Extra mp3's."

Now, leave me out of this. You can either solve this problem, or continue to rail and rave at Eldritch, which will, I assure you, get nothing done.

Oh, and stop being hostile, Nym. How many times have you been told that on these forums? Sheesh.
 Zappa_0
11-18-2003, 3:55 AM
Too late Wedge, you already got yourself into this. Have you seen the RIAA going after any sites, any sites like PCGM? I believe not. So if they wanna come and sue PCGM, you can send them to me. And also the RIAA is after the big names not stuff from John Williams. This is just like the fan films, and as you can see George Lucas is greatful to see people making fan films of his Star Wars movies. So this is fan music made by a fan. If you dont like it, you can lump it. You can go do something else with your time. It would be something else if somebody sent in J-Lo songs from her latest CD. But this isnt that. This is making fan music and giving it to the public to listen and to use for their benifit. Its not like im charging people for my music. So its not a crime. I have included info of where the music has came from, so credit is given.
 wedge2211
11-18-2003, 4:00 AM
Look, I didn't say I didn't like the idea of your mixes, and I also DID say that I think RIAA is flat-out wrong. I'd actually liek to hear these mixes. The problem I have is the reaction to Eldritch's announcement and Nym dredging up this post to threaten El's work.

Just make them into a "real" mod and resubmit them!
 Zappa_0
11-18-2003, 4:07 AM
Wedge dont worry, if you wanna hear some of them contact me on

msn messenger: JediOutcastMovies@msn.com
AIM: xxxZappaxxx0

and I will send you some of them. But they will be posted, not on PCGM I can assure that. But I do look upon this as kinda racist though. It really doesnt make a difference mod or the real thing its still there. Thats what im trying to get at. You may not see the MP3's, but if you look for them deep enough they are there. True you did say those things, but you have to admit that Eldritch is kinda stuck up when doing files sometimes. He should concider it a privlage that Sergio choose him to be a file admin at PCGM.
Page: 1 of 1