Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Hellfire Droid

Page: 2 of 3
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 4:59 PM
Why is that weapon on the A-Wing @_@
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-03-2003, 5:30 PM
Thanks!

I have this A-10 warthog vehicle (a heavily armored U.S. support aircraft [the coolest plane in the world]) that im going to put in as a secret in my level , and the main weapon on it is an machine gun that shoots 35mm depleted uranium shells at a speed of 70 rounds per second.

thats what i need the weapon for.
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 5:39 PM
Ooooh those planes rock in C&C: Generals :D

In that case, if it's a machine gun, I'll make another weapon for you. It'll have the effects of the repeater and the sound of a machine gun!
 tFighterPilot
12-03-2003, 5:44 PM
Yes, but with the texture I gave the A-10, it looks pretty bland. If any better skinner would want to skin it, then it would be worth putting on the net.
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-03-2003, 5:52 PM
WOOT! YAY, MACHINE GUN SOUNDS! BRRRRAAAPPP!!

one note: Due to the EXTREMELY fast firing rate of the cannon (i set the firing delay to 14milliseconds between shots to make it accurate) the sound when the a-10 fires is not a series of distinct shots, but it sounds like a BRRRRAAAAPPPPP! noise. try to make it so when it fires it sounds like that.

do you know how i can put custom music into my level? whenever i try to put in my own music it wont play. ive tried opening up one of the games music files and copy/paste my own music into it and re-saving it with goldwave, but that doesnt work.

as far as the texture goes, its fine for a secret plane. it works.
 kmd
12-03-2003, 5:57 PM
well my only gripe about it is, it still doesnt work in sp, guns dont fire :(
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 6:04 PM
Sorry I took so long... here's the bugger:

http://www.freewebs.com/zhaoyun_ldx/machine_gun.zip)

Remember, Save As, or the link just brings this thread back up :S
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 6:06 PM
I gotta try this gun for myself... sounds cool! ;P :D
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 6:18 PM
Wow... that does sound pretty cool! I think I'll have to slow down the bullets a bit tough, they only seem to show the repeater effect when they are firing a further distance.
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-03-2003, 6:23 PM
ive edited the file to be accurate to the a-10, ill upload the .veh in a bit, also, change the weapons setting for the vehicle its on to this:

weap1 machine_gun
weap1Delay 14
weap1Aim 1
weap1AmmoMax 1350
weap1AmmoRechargeMS 0

try that.
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-03-2003, 6:36 PM
a few slight criticisms:

1. when you shoot something with a depleted uranium armor-percing shell travelling at mach 3, it DOES NOT ricochet( as in the metal1.wav)

2. could you make the metal0.wav sound more like a deep thuddin hit, instead of a .22 bullet hitting a tin can? the rounds it fires are 30mm rounds, thats almost 2 inches wide! something that big is going to make a pretty loud thud when it hits something.

thats about it. try changing those things.
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 8:33 PM
OK, but the sounds are only limited to what I can find!
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 8:47 PM
Have you actualy tried the weapon in-game? When its firing that fast, you don't hear the ricochet part...

I'm still changing it though, don't worry :D
 ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 8:59 PM
OK, I've uploaded the new version - same link as before.

This time, use it as a weapon instead of opening each .wav file, it sounds more effective in the game.
 kmd
12-03-2003, 11:03 PM
does this new sound weapon what have you work in sp though?
 ZH@o YuN
12-08-2003, 7:32 PM
I think I know what the problem is with the Hailfire Droid in SP - if the author would give me permission to edit his .npc file I could fix it.
 kmd
12-08-2003, 8:02 PM
i hope so that would be awesome!!! hailfire dorid sp DESTRUCTION~
 Duncan_10158
12-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ZH@o YuN
I think I know what the problem is with the Hailfire Droid in SP - if the author would give me permission to edit his .npc file I could fix it.

sure you got my permission, i am already using your veh file, cause its realy better. you or everyone is verywelcome to mod the hailfire droid, sent me want you did and we can discuss it. your veh file, ZH@o YuN, is realy better, i will surely use it partly. i am thinking of rise a bit the damage value cause it takes now a bit longer the destroy something then with my old version. i also dont want to have it that fast to fire. when you can fix the npc file so it will work right in SP, sent it me and i will release a second beta version with some other fixes. then we can discuss it again.
 keshire
12-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey Duncan since most of your stuff is practically open source any way. Why not stop by the OJP forum?

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=542)

The Open Jedi Project releases stuff for others to use and improve upon in return for the same.
 mknote
12-12-2003, 12:52 AM
 Duncan_10158
12-12-2003, 12:53 PM
mknote, yes sure, thats absolutly as it should be! its a beaty of a vehicle, isnt it? could you perhaps give us some more information how you took this great picture of a vert vehicle? (for all those didnt get it, this was ironic)
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-12-2003, 4:07 PM
Duncan, may i have permission to use your speeder bike in my level?

NeoMarz, May I have permission to use your Mellinium falcon and Ravens Claw Vehicles in my level?

Thanks.
 Duncan_10158
12-12-2003, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by SD_Radical_Ed
Duncan, may i have permission to use your speeder bike in my level?

NeoMarz, May I have permission to use your Mellinium falcon and Ravens Claw Vehicles in my level?

Thanks.

sure, you have my permission to use the speeder bike. now i am very curious to see your level :)

Good luck!
 mknote
12-13-2003, 5:02 PM
I, too, am using your bike in my map. (the one the above screenie was taken in) What I want to do is take monsoontide's bike and have someone skin it with your bike skin. It would fit in more, don't you think? Now to find a good, free skinner...

MK
 Duncan_10158
12-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by mknote
I, too, am using your bike in my map. (the one the above screenie was taken in) What I want to do is take monsoontide's bike and have someone skin it with your bike skin. It would fit in more, don't you think? Now to find a good, free skinner...

MK

i didnt get the point. do you say, you like monsoontides meshes and my skin? it isnt possible to put these together, they are two differnt models. you have to reskin monsoontides model though.
why not just use it as it is? or take my model, the mesh differences arent the great.
 mknote
12-14-2003, 12:51 PM
You can walk in the back of your bike. I most likely will use... okay, so I have no clue which one.:D I'll wait and see how his turns out. BTW, arn't you working on that one?

MK
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-15-2003, 1:42 AM
ill be releasing a public working beta of my level on pcgamemods.com in a day or two, as soon as i can get all the permissions to use vehicles...
 kmd
12-15-2003, 1:52 AM
Originally posted by SD_Radical_Ed
ill be releasing a public working beta of my level on pcgamemods.com in a day or two, as soon as i can get all the permissions to use vehicles... whats this level like?
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-15-2003, 12:48 PM
its a ctf level set on a high plateau in the desert, with many diffrent vehicles, including a tie bomber that drops bombs, an a wing, x wing, yt-1300, ravens claw, speeder bike(goes Really fast) , and the other default vehicles. both bases have all weapons and items, and have turbolaser batteries on top of them.
 kmd
12-15-2003, 1:29 PM
dont put in tooooo many vehicvles, then any one who tries to play it will get "Vehicle Exstentions are to large" so maybe tone down the vehicle just a bit
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-15-2003, 1:45 PM
i have played it thouroughly with my freind over a lan. i dont have that problem because all of the vehicles that respawn use a spawnscript. the rest that dont fit on the script dont respawn.
 kmd
12-15-2003, 1:47 PM
k, will look for it on pcgamemods.com ja section today and tomorrow
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-15-2003, 2:21 PM
its called Desert_War_BETA1.
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-15-2003, 6:16 PM
its up!
 tFighterPilot
12-15-2003, 6:19 PM
Why oh why did you hijack this thread instead of making a new one? :rolleyes:
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-15-2003, 6:31 PM
i just askeed to use a vehicle and one thing led to another....

btw, hows your pc coming?
 tFighterPilot
12-15-2003, 6:47 PM
I'm using it
 SD_Radical_Ed
12-16-2003, 1:36 AM
so its fixed and your working on the tie interceptor?
 Duncan_10158
12-23-2003, 12:14 PM
ok, i am hijacking this thread back!

are there any more comments about the hailfire_droid? bugs suggestions?

ZH@o YuN, you offerd to make a veh and npc files for the droideka that would fix the SP problems. i havent heard from you since them, are you still around? i would realy welcome your help, i have no idea about the SP art to fix.

i would like to release the final vesion of this vehicle soon. to do that we need a MP beta testing, to find the right balancing. does someone know where we could play the hailfire droid on a server. is the a JA server that allows vehicle to spawn, is here someone who would help me testing it?

let me know.
 Zappa_0
12-23-2003, 2:25 PM
For the Hail Fire droid right? And sure I would like to help out. I would also like to help with the Destroyer Droid testing when you are ready for it.
 lonepadawan
12-23-2003, 6:33 PM
If there was one thing I could add to the hailfire droid it would be a custom weapon effect that packed a bit more punch, like the one in the movie.
 Sev
12-24-2003, 4:17 PM
one comment i have right now i've been watching this thread and i'm wondering where i can get the model???
 Zappa_0
12-24-2003, 4:48 PM
Theres a link near the first of the thread to download a beta version of it. Ah heres the link posted by Duncan:

http://io.meskinaw.net/data/hailfire_droid_beta01.zip)
 Sev
12-25-2003, 6:42 PM
thx i didnt see that and all the other links i tryed just sent me to another thread
:) it downloaded v.quick :)

ok i've used it and for weapons: Great! 7-8/10, looks: AWSOME 9/10 and speed: Bad 4/10 its to slow in clone wars they drive into their enemys firing rockets so just need to improve the speed
 Lil Killa
01-18-2004, 2:58 AM
I played the model and noticed that the wheels "wobbled" when you were coming to a stop. Also it was a bit slow and the clipping on the wheels was bad...
 ZH@o YuN
01-18-2004, 7:46 PM
I can't seem to figure out why the vehicle is leaning instead of aiming... The strange thing is, when you spawn an AT-ST, it does the same thing!

So, I'm guessing that SP depends on the way things are spawned, decided by the map. Just using the /npc command doesn't seem to work with walkers!

So don't worry, there's nothing at all wrong with your vehicle, it's the SP code.
 ronbrothers
01-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Duncan, this is looking great!
 Duncan_10158
01-25-2004, 1:11 PM
in the last few days i worked on the hailfire again, i used most of ZH@o YuN veh file settings and fixed vehicle box size and some other things.

the wheel wobeling is something i couldnt fix, its probably an engine problem that possitions between animtions are smoothed. so if you stop after a half wheel turns, the skeleton moves back into stand possition the shortest way, thats teh wobeling. i could fix that by cutting the animation into four or eight parts but that would need a mod and the wobeling would be still there but just smaller. i want to have this vehicle working without a mod so i think we have to accept this draw back.

about the SP, there are two npc files for the atst. perhaps one is for MP and the other for SP, that means a SP vehicle needs more settings in the npc file then one for MP. perhaps the settings of the SP npc files would fix the wrong standing.

BTW, i would like to test the hailfire droid on the droideka beta balancing server too. so if you would like to join that go the the droideka thread and apply or sent me a mail.
 [UF]Picolo
01-25-2004, 3:14 PM
Not bad, but i've seen better :)
 Duncan_10158
01-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by [UF]Picolo
Not bad, but i've seen better :)

oh thanks, thats very encouraging :)

i could need help with the sound. i dont know how the hailfire droid sound s in th movie. i specialy need a rolling/moveing sound, if someone could give me that or point me where i could get it. thanks
Page: 2 of 3