Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Prefabs and Tutorials

Page: 1 of 1
 gotcha8903
11-05-2003, 12:36 AM
The map I am working on has a hangar with an x-wing model. The problem is I need to clip the model and I can't get it as exact as I want it to be. I think what I need is a prefab, but there is nothing on this in Rich Diesal's tutorials. I got a prefab to load once with the load prefab opiton in the menu, but after having to set radiant back to its defaults it doesnt work anymore:(. Is there a proper way to do this?

On a side note, I am having trouble with the textures on a "statue" model. It is the one with Ragnos holding a pole and the colors are black and white(supposed to be tan I think). Is there anything I can do about this?

Also, so I'm not as annoying with noob questions on mapping, are there any tutorial sites that are completed and for JA?

-thanks,
Carter
 wedge2211
11-05-2003, 1:41 AM
If you compile with q3map2, add the key/value spawnflags 2 to your md3. q3map2 will automatically clip the model, so it will be solid in-game.
 gotcha8903
11-05-2003, 2:15 AM
where should I add the key to
 Lil Killa
11-05-2003, 2:34 AM
The model...

Select the model and press n. Then add the stuff.
 gotcha8903
11-06-2003, 12:01 AM
ok, thanks:)
Page: 1 of 1