Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Page: 1 of 1
 -=DarkZero=-
11-03-2003, 1:46 AM
Hey fellow swampies >_>
I just got back from seeing the newer version of the infamous great, which I haven't seen yet, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
And showing footage at the start, and end of the movie, then stating that the case hasn't been closed, it gave me a thought to look for any information or leads towards it, but when searching for it, I could only find information about the movie's, and sequels to the movie >_>
And I'm asking the people of the swamp, to help me find any information, or documentation on the actual story so please, Take in my call..lol.

The movie was alright too, It wasn't the greatest but it was cool, if you were hoping for a review <.>
 topshot
11-03-2003, 2:18 AM
A documentation? I'll do my damned best to find it!
 Kain
11-03-2003, 3:42 AM
It has to deal with Jeffery Dalmer. Thats what my friend whos completely obsessed with the movie said.
 Darth Eggplant
11-03-2003, 4:21 AM
the original movie happened way before Jeff Dalmer, there were several sequels, one with Dennis Hopper. I have heard the movie is based on a true story, although personally I think it is a fine example of Urban Legend.

I will tool around the net to see if i can find anything for you, however, I think it was just a scary movie.
 Kain
11-03-2003, 5:59 AM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant
the original movie happened way before Jeff Dalmer, there were several sequels, one with Dennis Hopper. I have heard the movie is based on a true story, although personally I think it is a fine example of Urban Legend.

I will tool around the net to see if i can find anything for you, however, I think it was just a scary movie.

Never said my friend was the sharpest knife in the drawer:D
 Boba Rhett
11-03-2003, 6:42 AM
Ladies, ladies,

TTCM is very very loosely based on the story of a man by the name of Ed Gein. Never did he use a chainsaw or hunt down groups of teens but his real story is still just as disturbing. I'm not going to link to anything for you but go google him to your hearts desire.
 Darth Groovy
11-03-2003, 6:52 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Ladies, ladies,

TTCM is very very loosely based on the story of a man by the name of Ed Gein. Never did he use a chainsaw or hunt down groups of teens but his real story is still just as disturbing. I'm not going to link to anything for you but go google him to your hearts desire.

It says on the linear notes of my Pshyco DVD, that Hitchcock based his movie loosley on the story of Ed Gein, which was written by Robert Bloch. Strange...:confused:
 Boba Rhett
11-03-2003, 7:24 AM
Yes Phsyco gleaned some of it's things from the Ed Gein case too. :)
 Lightsaberboy
11-03-2003, 8:30 AM
yea, the fact that he kept his mother's corpse!!!

They also used some of ed gein's life for silence of the lambs.

the only thing that connected ed gein to TCM the movie was the fact that he used people's bodies for furniture and stuff. he only killed 2 of them, though, and it wasnt even in texas, it was in montana!

which means that the footage they show at the beginning and end of the movie are fake too....
 Taos
11-03-2003, 2:54 PM
C'mon now since when are movies fake? ;) It's all about entertainment anyways, I still enjoyed the movie. Even if it was slightly disturbing. :)
 Lost Welshman
11-03-2003, 3:46 PM
I saw some footage of one of the other movies. I think it was the original... unless the original is in black and white. Anyhoo, it looked pretty... nasty.

Here's a random fact!

The mask used in the Halloween films for Micheal Myres is actually a mask of William Shatner. True. Don't beleive me. Then fine, it was on this program about scary tv moments. And it showed the way they cut the eye holes a bit bigger. It was funny.

Also!

All movies are based on real stories.... You can't base it on an imaginery story. Or it wont exist.
 KBell
11-03-2003, 6:01 PM
THe movie definetly scared the crap out of me, but that was before i new the real facts.

"Leather face" is loosely, VERY loosley based off of Ed Gein, a sick freak who found it entertaining to shoot his victims in the forehead and them systematically decapitate them.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's "Real" footage wasnt real at all, if it was, TCM wouldnt be an urban legend. But the mystery of what really happened in that house still stands today, which is the main reason why im staying the hell out of Texas ;)
 Kurgan
11-03-2003, 6:46 PM
According to all the urban legends sites and info I've researched the "based on a true story" thing is a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal stretch.

The real guy (Ed Gein) was accused of murdering at least two people (they found bones near his house that may have been other victims or people he just dug up) and doing gross stuff with bodies he dug up from cemetaries and stuff like that.

It wasn't Dahmer but that other guy.

For all accounts and purposes it was as much based on a "true story" as Psycho and Silence of the Lambs were (all on the same character, a crazy cross-dressing guy obsessed with dead bodies, taxidermy, etc).

Anyway, here's one site explaining it:

http://snopes.com/movies/films/chainsaw.asp)
 -=DarkZero=-
11-03-2003, 8:38 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Ladies, ladies,

Eddie Gein is sick, Last night before logging off I had the chance to finding a whole documentation on him, biography, and charge accounts, The pictures were groosom, even in black and white, and the guy deserved to die, if only alot sooner.
 RockerD
11-03-2003, 8:43 PM
http://www.texaschainsawmovie.com)

yoink. :indif: Careful with what you link to. :rhett:

here......enjoy....go crazy.....just dont hurt yourselves now....;)
 KBell
11-03-2003, 9:54 PM
Thanks to linking us to the movie :/

What we really wanted was links to any evidence towards the ACTUAL chainsaw Massacre Urban legend
 BongoBob
11-03-2003, 10:38 PM
dude, that Ed Gein dude is...just...:eyeraise:

0_0 0_0 0_o o_0 0_0 0_0
 KBell
11-04-2003, 3:31 PM
dude, that Ed Gein dude is...just...

YEah, that's why they made movies off of him :rolleyes:
 -=DarkZero=-
11-04-2003, 11:51 PM
I just saw the Ed Gein movie and give it 4 thumbs up lol.
Yeah, TCM is fake, and was completely ripped off Ed Gein so..
yeah lol
 topshot
11-05-2003, 1:55 AM
*Thinks "Crap! They beat me to the source already!"*

I only knew a little about the movie and nothing about the story behind the movie. So, someone can give me the ax!

*Starts running for fear that someone will have his head on a silver platter the next day.*
 legameboy
11-05-2003, 12:59 PM
I looked up Eddy Gein and read the whole bio that they had on him... very freaky. I doubt he was worse than Vlad the Impaler or Countess Elizabeth Bбthory of Hungary... lol, I like reading this stuff.
 Crazy_dog no.3
11-05-2003, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by Lost Welshman
I saw some footage of one of the other movies. I think it was the original... unless the original is in black and white. Anyhoo, it looked pretty... nasty.

Here's a random fact!

The mask used in the Halloween films for Micheal Myres is actually a mask of William Shatner. True. Don't beleive me. Then fine, it was on this program about scary tv moments. And it showed the way they cut the eye holes a bit bigger. It was funny.

Also!

All movies are based on real stories.... You can't base it on an imaginery story. Or it wont exist.

Hey I saw that program too! Do u live in the UK?

*WARNING! GRUESOME MATERIAL AHEAD!*

Here is some sutff I found on Ed gien: When he was arrested his house was searched. They found furniture upholstered with human skin and decorated with skulls, skinned off faces (Ed said he wore those as a mask sometimes), female genitalia stored in shoe boxes (his mother's was painted silver), furniture made with various body parts and a belt made from human nipples.
Page: 1 of 1