Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

shader alteration

Page: 1 of 1
 Szico VII
11-02-2003, 4:49 PM
how do i adjust this shader so it looks like the teleport in stargate sg-1 (basically, its going outward from the middle.)

textures/darkforces/teleport
{
qer_editorimage textures/darkforces/teleport.tga
surfaceparm nodamage
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm trans
q3map_material Glass
q3map_nolightmap
cull disable
{
map textures/darkforces/teleport
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
rgbGen wave sin 0.5 0.1 0.01 0.5
tcMod scroll 0.0 5
tcMod turb 0.0 5
}
{
map textures/darkforces/laserdoor2.tga
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
rgbGen wave sin 0.2 0.1 0.01 0.5
tcMod scroll 0.0 5
tcMod turb 0 0 0 1
}
}
 WadeV1589
11-02-2003, 5:13 PM
I'd presume it was an efx file that actually determines how the shader is applied. It's the same as the spawn effect.

My question back to you is why do you want a Stargate SG-1 transport effect, what you makin? SG = curiosity.
 Szico VII
11-02-2003, 8:17 PM
well in the level, there are 2 routes. the normal one, and the hidden, but much quicker and easier one. in the long route, you get teleported onto a planet called eart and have to find your way back before continuing. i want the teleport which sends you there to looks like the one ibn stargate, but i dont know which shader script does this.
 Lil Killa
11-02-2003, 8:29 PM
Look at the textures that each shader uses and find it out that way :D
 WadeV1589
11-02-2003, 8:37 PM
Look at

effects/env/beam.efx
effects/env/beam_bolts.efx
effects/env/beam_lights.efx
effects/mp/spawn.efx

Those files are used to show the big green beam. Modifying those will modify how the effect works, you'll probably have to modify the shaders as well...but that'll be mainly for colors and blending.
 Szico VII
11-02-2003, 8:49 PM
oops. maybe i should've been more clear. i dont want the effect when you teleport to change.

the brush which you have to walk into to teleport yourself is what i want the shader for. do you get me now?
 Szico VII
11-02-2003, 9:02 PM
arrgh. you still dont get me

all i want to do is texture a brush with a moving shader.
a shader that looks like the stargate teleport......
 Lil Killa
11-02-2003, 9:06 PM
just d/l one of the exsisting SG maps and rip their shader...
 Szico VII
11-02-2003, 9:08 PM
where from?
a link would be nice please....:rolleyes:
 Lil Killa
11-02-2003, 9:14 PM
 WadeV1589
11-02-2003, 9:50 PM
Well you can't really make a brush appear like how you intend. And if you transport people without modifying the efx files you'll get the green effect on top of any effect you make.

In the end the key is in efx files as they give you the kind of control that would make a Stargate type transport possible.

Btw the 3rd one you posted, I don't have any replacement transport effects in it (being my map :p)
Page: 1 of 1