Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

hyperspace ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Livingdeadjedi
10-26-2003, 5:16 PM
a mate of mine wants to know which entity to use with Trigger Hyperspace..

And i want to know why gtk radiant for jk3 fails to render my maps with proper light.. its always bright

and also why does fx_spacedust never work =]
thanks guys
 darthVADER
10-26-2003, 5:28 PM
yeah i'd like to know this aswel
ive been working around with it the entire day now and the ship ether flys the wrong direction and goes boom in the wall
or it blows up the moment it hits the trigger
 Anakin
10-26-2003, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by Livingdeadjedi
a mate of mine wants to know which entity to use with Trigger Hyperspace..

And i want to know why gtk radiant for jk3 fails to render my maps with proper light.. its always bright

and also why does fx_spacedust never work =]
thanks guys #

Give me a bell on MSN and Ill have a look, I have pretty good idea what is going on, :)
 WadeV1589
10-26-2003, 7:26 PM
trigger_hyperspace doesn't pay attention to the directions you specify if you follow the entity window, the animation always plays in the X direction of the grid.

There is also a thing where it doesn't pay total attention to the distance you set using info_notnull's and will fly for the same distance, I got around that once but I don't remember how, didn't help much anyway...so yeah my ship kept flying into the skybox over 40,000 units away even though my info_notnull was a mere 10,000 units away.

We need a Raven dude to either explain to us a "hack" to make it work or to settle once and for all if it's just buggy due to never being finished as a lot of the space things are <--try killing an NPC with trigger_space and watch as they float endlessly :rolleyes:
 darthVADER
10-27-2003, 6:56 AM
i think i've found out how to use it but i cant test it yet since i'm at school right
could someone test this
try making a trigger_hyperspace then use a target_position
and connect it with the trigger_hyperspace
then copy the target_position and place that as target2 but make sure the target name is the same as the first target_position
please let me know it turns out
 WadeV1589
10-27-2003, 10:22 AM
That would mean that target and target2 were both pointing to two target_position's and the same target_position's at that...I don't see that working.
 wedge2211
10-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Hey LDJ...slightly off topic, but when are you gonna repost Nemesis of Katarn to pcgamemods? jolt's international server is slow slow slow...it'd take me 26 hours to download your map!
 darthVADER
10-27-2003, 1:54 PM
hust a sugestion i've tried olmost everything
 darthVADER
10-28-2003, 7:21 AM
ok guys i got it working here's a small tutorial

make a extremly huge area in where you want the ship to goto hyperspace
place a trigger_hyperspace
then connect that with a path corner
then select the the trigger hyper space and open the entity window
then add this
"key:target2''
value (name of the second path corner)
make sure there is enoef room to make the ship goto hyperspace and olso drop out of it

hope this helps
 WadeV1589
10-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Sorry but all that does is makes it fly for the default amount of time with the animation playing in the same direction along the X axis. That's how to see the affect...not how to get it to work how it should.
 darthVADER
10-28-2003, 2:50 PM
i dunno if you have noticed it but you fly at a crazy speed
 WadeV1589
10-28-2003, 3:52 PM
Yes...but that isn't all it should do. You should be able to specify the distance you travel in hyperspace and have the animation play in the correct direction. So far everyone has been able to get it to fly you insanely with an off direction animation. The question is how do you get it under control?
 darthVADER
10-28-2003, 8:40 PM
oh i forgot it only works when you make it go along the Y axis in both directions i might add
 WadeV1589
10-28-2003, 9:30 PM
lol that's it. Fingers crossed this will be fixed in a patch. I think because of the major, and let's face it it's bloody huge, outburst of vehicle related mods out, including space ships there will be a patch that includes fixes for things like hyperspace...

In the mean time a lot of things you can create scripts for yourself, you can probably pull off your own hyperspace as well (something I'm working on...but a different type of hyperspace). Man I love JA modding!
Page: 1 of 1