Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you add tags to a model in 3DS Max 5

Page: 1 of 1
 Manquesa
10-25-2003, 5:34 AM
I want to make my Awing model a flyable vehicle so, I need to know how to add tags to a model. I've never done that before, i've always just made static models. This'll get me started, then I can figure out how to set up the .veh, .npc, and .vwp files.

Well, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:awing: :awing: :awing: :awing: :awing: :awing:
 WadeV1589
10-25-2003, 7:25 AM
Make a box, sphere, plane, anything reallyand place it where you want the tag, then rotate it so the X axis points perpendicular to the surface (the X axis is the axis that determines direction). Then rename it to tag_whatever. Just look up the names of the tags you need for the model you're doing.

You'll probably have to export to MD3 and use MD3View to keep checking your tag until you get it rotated the right way.
 Chairwalker
10-25-2003, 2:18 PM
I'm not sure about using 'tag_something' i always use 'bolt_something' but i guess they both work fine.

A flying vehicle usualy needs bolt_muzzle1, to be be placed at the end of the gun(s).
(just create muzzle2, muzzle3 etc if you needs multiple guns)

And bolt_exhaust1, wich should be placed at where the exhaust 'flame' appears.

and if you need neither guns nor exhaust flames, well i guess you wont need any tags at all :P
 tFighterPilot
10-25-2003, 2:42 PM
After I add the tags, how do I compile?

I know I should first save it as xsi, but than what?
Page: 1 of 1