Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting body parts into game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rekked
10-24-2003, 8:26 PM
New to the JA forums, has anything been said about getting body parts into game for "custom" models?

I'm considering modelling my own head, and fitting it into a Jedi robes model, that'll be cool and easier than getting the whole body.

So, any word on that?
 Chairwalker
10-24-2003, 9:00 PM
Replacing body parts can only be done by importing the entire mesh, and re-weighing all the pieces.
Wich would be ALOT of work, and would border the insane if you wanted to include the lods.
 Rekked
10-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks!

Very cool on your side not to blame me for asking this when it had already been discussed.

Anyway, I ended up reading most of the threads, and it is such a hard work... why would they do that anyway? aren't Raven guys supposed to be "mod friendly"??

Hope they fix it (quite "not going to happen", cause it would be a mayor change in the way the game handles models)... or at least release some kind of tool...
 razorace
10-27-2003, 5:32 AM
Adding additional skins to existing model classes shouldn't be too hard (like changing facial features). Adding additional model surfaces (like a new arm or something) to an existing model class would be hard.
Page: 1 of 1