Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

need skinning help!?

Page: 1 of 1
 lazoras
10-20-2003, 11:44 AM
ive tried and tried!!!!....i made a skin and have it ready to go but i cant seem to figure out how to put it into the pk3...im using winzip though...maybe thats why....everytime i make my pk3 and put it into base it doesnt show up in the charactor selection screen...i have to use the console to use my skin...i know its winzip...im positive but whats the alternative to winzip??? or what am i doing wrong???

help!!!??? plz
 tFighterPilot
10-20-2003, 11:58 AM
When in any folder, press on the Tools menu, and choose Folder Options. Choose the View tab, and check that Hide extension for known file types is unchecked. Now check if the blabla.pk3 is turned into blablabla.pk3.zip if yes, just delete the .zip and you're done. If it still doesn't work, tell me.

(note that some of what I wrote might be not exact, for I have the hebrew version of windows)
 eidospsogos
10-21-2003, 12:40 AM
i use WInRAR.....it has a free trial version and works great.....
 Chairwalker
10-21-2003, 2:33 AM
I use winzip, and never have any problems with it, so i dont think thats it.

The reason its not showing up might be that you have incorrect icons, or no icons at all.
 tFighterPilot
10-21-2003, 10:29 AM
There are way too many possible problems.
 DarthStorm
10-21-2003, 8:28 PM
use Packscape!
Page: 1 of 1