Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

For lvl 2 in DF...

Page: 1 of 1
 Suprosa
10-18-2003, 2:35 PM
What are you guys doing about all the dead bodies in the origonal...?
 Fracman
10-18-2003, 5:08 PM
dead bodies. why?
 Suprosa
10-18-2003, 5:47 PM
lvl 2 is a former rebel base that imps took over after Dark Troopers wiped the place out...there are a ton of dead rebel bodies in the level, but in DF they are like rotting corpses, not just a dead nme or somethin

:edit:So Im wondering how they are going to make the dead bodies look...
 Neverhoodian
10-18-2003, 6:16 PM
Yeah, they look like the remains of uncle Owen and aunt Beru. Charred skeletons. Those Dark Troopers could be brutal. :P

It was a bit...disturbing...playing that level. 'Course maybe it's because I was ten or so at the time. Are you going to make a charred skeleton body model or is it just going to be Rebel bodies? Personally, I wouldn't mind either way.
 Kyral
10-18-2003, 6:21 PM
I would just take rebels, no corpse rott so fast that they are skeletons in a couple of days, well maybe the Imperials just burnd them. But why singel? why not pile them? The plasmacannons of the DTs couldn't had been that, if Kyle blasts a stormtrooper or an officer they didn't burn. :D
 Salv
10-19-2003, 6:36 AM
They are going to be charred bodies like in Ep4, since thats how it was originally intented.
 michael_collins
10-20-2003, 9:56 PM
Shock value.........DTs are heavy arms stormtroopers right? This gives them a similar mission profile right? Thusfar, they are shock troops, to shock and disturb :D
 Neverhoodian
10-20-2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah, the charred corpses show just how ruthless and amoral the Dark Troopers are and how evil their Empire is. Now that I think about it, dead bodies simply lying there might not have the same affect. Bodies burned beyond recognition, on the other hand would remind gamers that the Empire is truly evil, not just a bumbling group of dull-witted stormies.
 Ackehallgren
10-21-2003, 4:51 AM
I was sooooooo frightened when i played that level!

But as Neverhoodian, I was also a lot younger at the time :)
 SlicerDude
10-24-2003, 3:18 AM
I don't remember being especially scared when I played that level-somehow the hydroelectric plant had a soothing effect. (Don't ask). I was probably kinda freaked out when I first realized what the bodies actually were, though. That level did quite a good job of providing the feeling of the aftermath of a devastating attack. Also note that many of those bodies were probably civilians (most of the bodies were actually outside the rebel base).

I actually remember the 3rd level as being quite scary. Actually, it still is, somewhat. Not that I'm terrified while I play it, but just that I feel relieved every time I come out of the darkness into the central area again.

One of the best things about DF is the way its levels not only portray locations but evoke feelings, like the 2nd level, showing a city devastated by the Imperials with its citizens brutally murdered. I think the bodies should be in the mod just like they were in the original game.

I apologize if that didn't make sense. Sleep is a good thing.
 Neverhoodian
10-24-2003, 2:03 PM
Don't worry about it, SlicerDude, I understood what you said.

The third level's the sewer, right? (been years since I played the DF three-level demo) Yeah, that level still kind of freaks me out. I've never liked dianogas...
 michael_collins
10-24-2003, 3:03 PM
Will the JA code allow the dianoga? i noticed the howler model and its clear there are quadroped enemies, does that mean the dianoga is possible now ???
 Mullaney
10-27-2003, 1:44 AM
Level two is my favorite. Back in 1995, when I was 9, it was the just super cool to play and beat. I could only beat about 4 levels without cheats back then and that was one.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a video made showing the maps after they have been completed.
 SlicerDude
10-28-2003, 1:14 AM
I could beat most of the levels except #3 without cheats back then, although I almost always used them. On #3 it took me a few minutes when I replayed the game a year ago to finally realize that you don't have to press ALL the switches! Creative level design/puzzle in my opinion, although the vault on the Coruscant level is probably my favorite.
 Tempsta
10-28-2003, 2:57 PM
who still has DF?? and as for the rotting bodies, they werent even modles :P if you look at them and move around they just stay the same way rotating
 Suprosa
10-28-2003, 9:18 PM
I still play DF, I own an origonal copy :)
 Neverhoodian
10-28-2003, 11:30 PM
I only played a three-level demo of Dark Forces at a friend's house once when I was about ten.
originally posted by Tempsta:
and as for the rotting bodies, they werent even modles :P if you look at them and move around they just stay the same way rotating
Wasn't that the case for all of the corpses?
 michael_collins
10-28-2003, 11:52 PM
2.5 d sprites i think
 Tempsta
10-29-2003, 12:34 AM
Thing is, can it be done the same way in JA?
 michael_collins
10-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Isnt that a little TOO die hard? so to speak? Overkill on the purist element of the mod?
 Fracman
10-29-2003, 4:58 AM
The corpses and nearly all other items in DF (including ennemies) were made of pure 2D sprites. In JA we will use 3D models.
 DarkDefeater
10-29-2003, 6:37 PM
I have all the games from the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series but I still love DF. I like to play downloadable levels like mt.kurek.
Page: 1 of 1