Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

map_objects

Page: 1 of 1
 epikon
10-17-2003, 7:56 PM
there are some really great bespin models from Outcast that i wish to use in my cutscenes. However when i place them the shaders are not found, can anyone help me by telling me how to include the JO textures that are used for the JO objects that are not used in JA in my map, thanks.
 lassev
10-17-2003, 8:26 PM
The textures of the models are in the same folder as the model files themselves. However, in the shaders folder there's also a shader file for all the models. You need at least the appropriate shader entry (in addition to the textures). The easiest solution would also be to retain the original folder paths, when you move the shader entry and texture files.

Well, I haven't exactly tried this myself, but the theory is sound, at least.
 shukrallah
10-17-2003, 11:46 PM
Are we even allowed to do that? I heard that you cant use the jk2 voice acters voices in JA... you prolly can, but id check with raven first... i heard they allow to use stuff from other games.
 lassev
10-18-2003, 8:18 AM
Ah! I won't say anything about that. Let's say my advice was valid only as long as you don't distribute the level, but just play with it on your own computer. When you consider submitting it to PCGM or some other place, then it's indeed useful to think legal things, and be careful with them.
 epikon
10-18-2003, 8:28 AM
whats that makes just no sense. Most of the chairs and tables etc and with JO, is there anyway i can texture then myself?
 GothiX
10-18-2003, 8:55 AM
Ehm, Raven said we can use their work in their games, both JO and JA are Raven-made, soooo... You get the idea.
 lassev
10-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by The5ID
whats that makes just no sense. Most of the chairs and tables etc and with JO, is there anyway i can texture then myself?

Sure. You can either edit the existing textures or make 100% compatible textures yourself, if you are not happy with the originals (and of course you can also edit the shader entries). Just use the same names and paths.

Well, it's great news, if Raven gave the permission. Might be useful later. Raven has, of course, given this kind of permissions earlier, so it's nothing new it that sense.
 epikon
10-18-2003, 11:38 AM
that is good news. When i load the object its black and red NO SHADER TEXTURE. I know youve already said how to get the real textures but i didnt understand it :S
 shukrallah
10-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Ok, load up the assets0.pk3 file, find the bespin map_objects (models\map_objects\bespin) ok, since someone mentioned the bespin chair, ill use that as an example:

find models\map_objects\bespin\chair.md3 (this is like the shape of the object)

Then find models\map_objects\bespin\chair.jpg (this is one of the textures

Also find models\map_objects\bespin\chair_side.jpg (this should be the last texture.

Extract all 3 of those files, and include them in with your .pk3 file for your map. It should work then.
 epikon
10-18-2003, 2:12 PM
ok last question how do i compile a map with a .nav?
 lassev
10-18-2003, 2:28 PM
You are talking about cutscenes, so you are obviously making an SP level. You don't need to worry about the nav file. The game makes it for you. What you need to worry about are the waypoint networks the navigation is based on. They are a different story, however.
 epikon
10-18-2003, 2:52 PM
yes, i am tryin to make a test cutscene but its not working. I have in the pk3 the IBI under scripts, and the bsp under maps, but when i load the map dosnt work :(
 lassev
10-19-2003, 8:55 AM
Don't worry. There are dozens of explanations why your cinematics might not work. If you are totally unsure what might be wrong, you have a couple of things to try: First, turn off the camera commands to watch the situation more closely. That sometimes gives you a hint of what might be wrong. Or you can include in your script(s) extra commands, like prints, after the original commands so that you can follow the flow of the cinematic more closely and can pinpoint the exact error or problem precisely.
 shukrallah
10-19-2003, 5:37 PM
Your map doesnt load? Or the cutscene just doesnt start? Maybe you misspelled the name in the scriptrunner... also, make sure if you have the script in the right directory, if you followed kengo's tutorials, i think he put them in the scripts/cin directory, make sure you have the directories right...
Page: 1 of 1