Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The DF demo, can it be converted for JA use?

Page: 1 of 1
 Suprosa
10-17-2003, 12:46 AM
I tried using the demo for JO in JA, because I do not own JO....and it was a little odd, buttons didnt show, like the Yes/No buttons when I tried to exit, and the start game button after selecting a difficulty...tho it did start to load the game, and then said it could not find the pistol file so I could not play...
 TK-8252
10-17-2003, 2:00 AM
I would like to know the same thing. They will most likely give a Jedi Academy patch some time soon...?
 Fracman
10-17-2003, 5:39 AM
The current JO demo definitely does not work correctly with JA.
We are currently modifying all necessary files (e.g. the menus) although we have to find out ourselves what really has changed with JA.
 The Count
10-17-2003, 2:22 PM
Do you know if JA has as good SP editing as SOF yet? Also will this still be a MP.exe or has it now gone to SP.exe?
 The_One
10-17-2003, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by The Count
Do you know if JA has as good SP editing as SOF yet? Also will this still be a MP.exe or has it now gone to SP.exe?

We won't know until we have the tools.
 Fracman
10-17-2003, 4:40 PM
The tools will mainly be the same, e.g. map can be created using GTKRadiant (check its latest release) etc..
We're still waiting for a JA SDK that contains the modifiable game code, and possibly an updated shader editor.
 Tesla
10-17-2003, 6:01 PM
Did Raven release the SDK for JO ?
Im not sure they did, i could be wrong, but you guys are the talented modders, so you'll know more than me. :D

My guess would be if enough, modders wanted the SDK then im sure Raven would release it. :D

Again i could be wrong. (Most likely iam wrong :D)
 reaper1576
10-17-2003, 6:58 PM
Originally posted by Tesla
Did Raven release the SDK for JO ?
Im not sure they did, i could be wrong, but you guys are the talented modders, so you'll know more than me. :D

My guess would be if enough, modders wanted the SDK then im sure Raven would release it. :D

Again i could be wrong. (Most likely iam wrong :D)

Yeap the JO SDK's been about for some times its just the JA SDK what everyones waiting for
Page: 1 of 1