Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

g_Sabermorerealistic issue solved

Page: 1 of 1
 J.P.B.
10-10-2003, 5:51 PM
Hey there, this is my autoexec.cfg file":

helpusobi 1
set g_corpseremovaltime 0
set g_sabermorerealistic 2
set g_saberMoveSpeed 0.8
set g_saberAutoAim 0
set g_saberAutoBlocking 0

Dismemberment wasn't working. And when I typed g_sabermorerealistic in the console it told me that the command was write protected.
But then I discovered that if you enter the console in the startup screen or in the load screen and type ''exec autoexec'', the write protection is passed through and you can get dismemberment working.
Keep in mind that you must have the autoexec file in the base directory with the commands that are shown above.
 megatron
10-10-2003, 6:01 PM
I am a noob and I was looking for where to put an autoexec file. You have inadvertatly told me so thx.

I was going to add the commands:

seta g_dismember "100"
seta cg_dismember "3"

from here:
http://strategy.jediknightii.net/jka/saber.shtml)

A question about what effect your commands will have - will it make blocking more difficult? Like turning off automatic gears in a racing sim? I don't bother with the saber cusor in relation to the height on my player character, would I need to be pointing over an incoming threat to block it now?
 J.P.B.
10-10-2003, 9:47 PM
Yes,by turning autoblocking to 0 you'll make saber block less efficient, but you don't to put that command if you don't want. I play the game like that just because I like it to be more challenging.

About g_dismemberment, I don't think that that command should be necessary with g_sabermoreralistic.
 Kurgan
10-11-2003, 1:18 AM
Another method (adding +commands to the desktop shortcut) is posted in the "Not Enough Customization" thread...
Page: 1 of 1