Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nice work so far

Page: 1 of 1
 KevinCoyle
10-10-2003, 1:42 AM
Excellent work so far guys. I'm looking forward to the final product. I never got to play the original dark forces because by the time I discovered the darkforces/Jedi knight series it was already too old to run properly on my system. I tried out the demo and it was very good. I do want to mention though that I couldn't get it to work properly until I unpacked demo_game.pk3 demo_video.pk3 and demo_music.pk3 from the demo_full.pk3.
 TK-8252
10-10-2003, 2:01 AM
Yeah, the guys in the Dark Forces mod team are great... Just their demo alone won the best mod award at lucasfiles.com. I'm very impressed with the demo, all 93053 times I've played it. :D
 Fracman
10-10-2003, 5:07 AM
Thanks, Kevin, we're working on it :p

Bizarre... the demo_full should be a .zip file and you should extract it anyways to a new folder (in parallel to the base folder, e.g. into gamedata/dfmod_demo).
Just putting the zip file there simply can't work.
 KevinCoyle
10-10-2003, 12:20 PM
yeah, there's actually a demo_full.zip which contains a demo_full.pk3 and the three readmes. the demo_full.pk3 contained the demo_game demo_video and demo_music.pk3, the demo didn't work when I extracted demo_full.pk3 from the zip. it only worked after I extracted the the game, video and music pak files from demo_full.pk3. I never tried to put the zip in the gamedata\dark folder. I've done alot of modding myself I know how thats suppose to work.
 Fracman
10-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Kevin, thanks again for the info, the downloadable file is indeed wrong, I just checked it, we'll fix this asap.
 The_One
10-10-2003, 4:09 PM
I'm on it ;)

This was Dave's fault btw :p
Page: 1 of 1