Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hooolly !!!! (must Read!!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Qaz
10-10-2003, 12:03 AM
 Torulf
10-10-2003, 1:09 AM
Hmmm..... sounds both good and bad to me.

Lots of these changes are well needed (minor tweaks and the like), while some do seem kinda pointless.... like the one about adding Yoda to ANH....

But stuff like adding to the already awesome battle of Hoth could turn out to be really awesome. :D

The one thing that REALLY makes me worried though, is the duel between Ben and Vader.... turn that into a modified ep 1 duel???
I think NOT! I always loved old Ben's fighting style. He seemed a lot more controlled and precise in his attacks than the younger Obi. Oh well, as long as they don't overdo it, it could turn out ok I guess. I just pray we won't be seeing Ben backflip over Vader's head or anything.... that would TRULY ruin it.

... but considering this post was in the "extreme rumor"-thread, maybe I don't even have anything to worry about... :p
 rimwalker
10-10-2003, 1:19 AM
I read this rumor from time to time in different places.

As I read this list I wasn't sure if it was real or not but towards the bottom, the replacement of Sebastion Shaw's scenes with Hayden set off alarm bells. It makes no logical sense for Lucasfilm to completey remove an actor from the scenes he did and replace him with another actor. It's no stretch of imagination to see Shaw as an old Anakin.

I'm now confident that list is all lies, lies, lies.
 coupes.
10-10-2003, 1:22 AM
All this could be interesting, but I hope they don't ruin the OT by adding too much stuff, or it wont be the OT anymore.

wrong forum BTW, this one belongs in the the Star Wars forums.
 Neverhoodian
10-10-2003, 1:23 AM
I dunno. This is where the old axiom "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes into play.

Though some parts sound good, (like the original Greedo getting blasted by Han first scene) I don't think Lucas should change much. Some fans would be mighty pissed at some parts. (like Jar Jar and Watto) Besides, part of the magic of the classic trilogy is the fact that most of us saw the classic trilogy first before seeing any of the prequels. It was intriguing to think stuff like "What was the Clone Wars? Who was Luke's mother?" When we found out in the prequels, it was a suprise. Then when we watch the classic trilogy again, we think, "now I know why/how that happens." Having too many references back to the prequels would cheapen the effect of the classic trilogy.

Well, I'll believe it when Lucasfilms says they'll change the movies. Until then, I am dubious about its authenticity.
 peloquin
10-10-2003, 1:29 AM
ohhh phuk it!

I'd like to ram a computer up George's ass.

Why do it? There's a reason why star wars ANH was so cool and did so well at the box office.

We like the grane in the old film, we like that aliens were rubber puppets I don't know why exactly but it just looks better. It's an old movie and it should look like an old movie. Turn it into something else and although those sceens would be cool to see it'll just add more of a fake feel to it. And i'm not talking about fake as in lightsabers do exist type of thing I'm talking about fake footage that was never actually "shot" it's just played about on a computer. It'll add a cheap feel to it I think.

Damn you George.....Damn you to hell!!! (planet of the apes tribute)
 JarJarBinks
10-10-2003, 2:42 AM
13. The Dianoga has gotten a CG makeover and were are now able to see more of the creature.

W0000T!!! Awsome, other than shadows of the empire they never showed a full dianoga, this is going to be SWEET.

I like most of the changes, but there are some bad things.

18. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel has been spruced up. It is much more epic and
there is much more movement. A modified version of Duel of the Fates is being considered for the scene.

The thing I don't like about this one is the modified Duel of the Fates. That would just be stupid...

20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.

Using Naboo starfighters with X-wings and TIEs is just stupid...

12. Sebastion Shaw who played Anakin when he was unmasked has been replaced with Hayden Christenson in make-up to make him look older. Anakin has much more dialogue. He apologizes for the destruction he caused, he thanks his son for turning him back to the light, he tells his son to rebuild the Jedi and he says he loves him and his sister. Just before he dies he says, "It is finished...".

14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to
make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit
of Padme by his side.

I'm unsure on these two, I guess I'll have to see the remake to decide whether they are good or bad.
 Prime
10-10-2003, 2:49 AM
07. The original shooting scene between Han and Greedo has been restored.

I certainly like the sounds of that!
 JediLurker
10-10-2003, 3:29 AM
Lies! It better be lies or the OT is screwed...again. :violin:
 Scoundrel
10-10-2003, 5:25 AM
Sounds very cool.
 JediNyt
10-10-2003, 5:47 AM
Some of the changes sound good especially the Greedo Han scene. But I too bet most of this is just rumors and should not be trusted.
 Lundquist
10-10-2003, 5:56 AM
I don't like most of it - sure making some of the battles more epic could be good, it'll just remove a lot of the 'handmade' quality I loved from the OT. Adding the Imperial March to ANH makes sense to me though - it kinda puts the music a little off balance that Vader has a different theme in one of the movies.
Morrison's voice for ALL the stormtroopers and Boba Fett? OH THE HORROR! That would mean that all the stormtroopers are indeed clones, and I personally think that Boba's voice is cool as it is...
Of course, it's still just rumors... thank god...
 JarJarBinks
10-10-2003, 6:15 AM
I think it was smart to give Morrison's voice to Boba Fett, considering he is an exact clone, and maybe he will get a few more lines in the movie this time too, but I don't think it was smart to give his voice to ALL of the stormtroopers also. Most of the stormtroopers are human.
 Lynk Former
10-10-2003, 7:18 AM
It all sounds nice and everything. But if it happens (or if it does) I want to be able to buy the OT in seperate forms, Remastered (the absolute original form) and Special Edition... and if what was posted comes true the Special Special Edition XD

I'd like to be able to watch my OT in their many forms.
 Pedro The Hutt
10-10-2003, 12:58 PM
Somehow, some, if not alot of it sounds very fake to me.
 Prime
10-10-2003, 2:24 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Somehow, some, if not alot of it sounds very fake to me. Definitely.
 Sivy
10-10-2003, 2:40 PM
i think alot of those changes/ improvements sound good.

like the special editions, there will be things people like and things people don't.

of course its still all rumours, so will have to wait and see.

i believe the lastest rumour of its release is xmas - 2004
 Pedro The Hutt
10-10-2003, 3:38 PM
I've personally heard that Lucas won't release the Original Trilogy on DVD untill Episode III is out on DVD. (so basically, around the same time, which'll be late 2005, blimey, I'll be 21 by then)
 coupes.
10-10-2003, 8:37 PM
Although this ifo i probably all made up, I agree with Lynk, if they are to make a new special edition, they have to publis a remastered Original trilogy so the 'OT' doesn't refer specifically the the 'super duper mega enhanced special edition'.
 amadeus
10-10-2003, 10:32 PM
meh. I say they should leave it how it is. They already have special edition. Let's leave it at that.
 pleto4_ryan
10-12-2003, 2:03 PM
http://alpinegarrison.com/boards/images/smiles/misc-jawdrop.gif)

i-n-c-r-i-d-i-b-l-e

i want the old-new trilogy....NOOOOOOOOWWW :cool:
 Pedro The Hutt
10-12-2003, 3:12 PM
lol, personally, I am HOPING that at least half of that list is fake, we don't need the imperial march in ANH, nor Yoda, I don't want to see Vader get all sentimental over a protocol droid and have him magically know that Chewie's a good mechanic, amongst plenty of other things.
 amadeus
10-12-2003, 4:33 PM
Really...it's so good to begin with! Why change it now? That's taking a bit of a gamble. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush I say.
 JediNyt
10-12-2003, 7:40 PM
I agree with the saying: If its not broke dont fix it. They can clean stuff up make it look nicer, add scenes that really enhance the story but thats it. Dont change the dialoge or the events cause that changes the story and the story should never be changed. The only problems I have with the SE are the Han and Greedo scene and the changing of Lukes dialogue in ESB when hes picking up Artoo after being spit out of the swamp. They changed it from "Youre lucky you dont taste very good." to "You were lucky to get out of there." Stupid change, the original was funny. Other than that the SE was better than the OE. Except maybe the Max Rebo band scene in ROTJ, that was lame IMO.
 dr domo
10-13-2003, 11:06 AM
22. Chewbacca now gets a medal.

Finally, it really pissed me of that Chewie didn't get a medal
 Pedro The Hutt
10-13-2003, 3:14 PM
Well, it is habit in militaries to give the captain of a victorious ship a medal, not the captain, his first mate, and the boy that swabs the deck. That and we can assume that it was Han who fired that shot that got Vader off Luke's tail.
 JediNyt
10-13-2003, 4:47 PM
Wookie lifestyle doesnt believe in materialism. Ive heard that they dont care for medals and pride themselves on their own honor and accomplishment, not symbols.
 dr domo
10-13-2003, 5:10 PM
Ok, maybe it's not in there nature to give away medals and stuff, I just found it a lttle sad how he stoot there and howled like a little puppy dog who didn't got a medal..
 Jan Gaarni
10-13-2003, 7:30 PM
12. Sebastion Shaw who played Anakin when he was unmasked has been replaced with Hayden Christenson in make-up to make him look older. Anakin has much more dialogue. He apologizes for the destruction he caused, he thanks his son for turning him back to the light, he tells his son to rebuild the Jedi and he says he loves him and his sister. Just before he dies he says, "It is finished...".

14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to
make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit
of Padme by his side.
I am going to puke if this get's realized.

I'd rather keep Greedo shooting first over that. :(

The ending is perfect as it is, no need to milk the moment any more.

Not to mention it's an insult towards Sebastian Shaw.
 Shado Vorn
10-14-2003, 8:57 AM
Hey, instead of making all these damn changes to the OT, why not just remake the OT altogether, with the new actors, and all the other new garbage. They should leave the OT alone already, they damaged it enough when they came out with the remakes and added garbage. LEAVE IT ALONE!
 Admiral Vostok
10-15-2003, 4:24 AM
I'd say most if not all of this is complete rubbish. The stuff about replacing Shaw with Christensen is definitely rubbish, not only would it be a waste of time but I'm sure there is a law or at least an ethical obligation not to totally remove a person from a film. The only parts I'd believe for a second are the aesthetic changes such as removing the black blobs on the Emperor and cleaning up the boxes around spaceships. It is unlikely any of the music will be redone.

Other opinions of mine:
:atat: the Temuera Morrison stuff souds incorrect because I've read an interview with George Lucas where he says that the Stormtroopers, while they're still clones, aren't still Fett-clones, which is why they speak differently. As for Boba Fett, I thik it's not much of a stretch to suggest Boba is still Jango's clone, his accent could quite possibly have changed in 20 years time, you know!

:atat: an N-1 fighter at Yavin? This is just laughable.

:atat: Chewbacca getting a medal was on purpose, Lucas has said Wookiees don't believe in rewards. Can't see why he'd suddenly change his mind.

:atat: There is no way they'd spend all that money on CG for bits that don't need it, like Yoda and the Rancor.

:atat: Also, Lucas does listen to his fans from time to time, and he knows there was such an outcry from people just for the Special Edition, if he made all these changes... well I wouldn't like to think what would happen.

In conclusion, since several parts of this list are fake, I can only conclude the whole list to be fake. I wish people would stop dumping on Lucas for some list of rubbish a misguided "fan" made up.
 Pedro The Hutt
10-15-2003, 7:50 AM
*praises Vostok*
 Jan Gaarni
10-15-2003, 2:40 PM
Hear Hear!!!
 JediNyt
10-15-2003, 5:18 PM
Roger that pal!
 Shado Vorn
10-15-2003, 8:26 PM
Bows his head and raises his frothy mug of ale. CHEERS!:D