Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lets Try again.

Page: 1 of 1
 Joshi
10-07-2003, 4:39 PM
Okay, so now you get to vote.

Lets do this right and stop complaining about why it was changed in the first place and who chose the name and so on, I'm working on faith here that you will all treat this in a civilized manner. So here we go.
 Lemon Head
10-07-2003, 5:18 PM
Well, i'm going to start off the voting with my own nautical-related suggestion: Bottle of Seamen
 Gabez
10-07-2003, 5:18 PM
Don't get your hopes up.
 Joshi
10-07-2003, 5:24 PM
Yeah, after that incident a few years back, I don't think we'll be using the word 'bottle' too loosely.
 Gabez
10-07-2003, 5:43 PM
I meant with this... democracy.
 Ray Jones
10-07-2003, 7:59 PM
can we post more than one suggestion? .. sure. :)

1. lua bar *shakes head* :o
2. scumm bar *nods* :D
3. the booty zone
4. bloddy lip bar and grill :naughty:
5. pirates cove
6. crescent island
7. a.. b.. c.. d.. e.. f.. g.. h.. iiiiii got a girl on monkey isl..and..
8. offtopic discussion
9. teh wondre bra
10. ye olde piratey inn ;)

my favs would be

2. - classic
4. - tasty
10. - err. very stylish.. hmm .. somehow..

:)
 Ernil
10-07-2003, 8:16 PM
The Harbor. C'mon...I had nothing against it. It was fun, witty, Piratey, and adventurous. It never insulted me, or made me mad.

The Harbor was my friend.
 Joshi
10-07-2003, 8:21 PM
In my opinion, the harbor had it's good times and it's bad times, but when people now think of it, people seem to automatically think 'spam'. Sorry, but that's ther way it is and it's as much the mods fault as the members who spammed (i'll at least admit that) so this new name is a chance for maybe a new start. why not just go with it.

Also please note, 'Life and How to Live it' was the off topic forum for the old scummbar forum. Come on, lets make them feel a little welcome.
 Alia
10-07-2003, 8:40 PM
It doesn't really make any difference to me what the forum is called. Whatever the admin sees fit to change it to is fine with me.
 Das Mole
10-07-2003, 9:12 PM
In my opinion, the harbor had it's good times and it's bad times, but when people now think of it, people seem to automatically think 'spam'. Sorry, but that's ther way it is and it's as much the mods fault as the members who spammed (i'll at least admit that) so this new name is a chance for maybe a new start. why not just go with it.

well, the way i see it, changing the name of the forum isn't going to prevent people from thinking "spam". just because i change my name to "joebob" doesn't mean people are going to think i'm someone else. if that's one of the reasons why the name should be different, i think that's actually really lame.

anyway...my vote goes to the harbor. :)
 Lemon Head
10-07-2003, 9:14 PM
don't lets turn this into another pseudo flame war, ok?

this is a chance for you to make your opinons felt, not to rekindle anger.

Dave's not here, man
 Das Mole
10-07-2003, 9:56 PM
okay, sorry if i was making it into a pseudo flame war....here's my post in shortened version...

my vote goes to the harbor

:)
 Lemon Head
10-07-2003, 10:02 PM
atta boy!
 Darth Groovy
10-07-2003, 10:19 PM
DJG, all the way. :p
 C Shutt
10-08-2003, 4:35 AM
Joshi, what is the point to this thread? You know as well as I do that the name isn't going to change. Letting these people go on thinking that their opinions actually matter is just plain mean.
 Ray Jones
10-08-2003, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
Also please note, 'Life and How to Live it' was the off topic forum for the old scummbar forum. Come on, lets make them feel a little welcome.

i didnt knew that.. hmm.

scummbar eyh? one could have said it earlier!!!

if this is true.. then i'll withdraw my suggests and vote for the existing name 'live and how to live it'.

.. hoo..ray .. :D

Originally posted by C Shutt
Letting these people go on thinking that their opinions actually matter is just plain mean.

is that your opinion which actually doesnt matter shutt?? :rolleyes: no crappy replies please. post a suggest or dont post please. otherwise you should pm neil joshi about your concerns. dont try that again! :mad:
 Zoom Rabbit
10-08-2003, 9:03 AM
Joshi, what is the point to this thread? You know as well as I do that the name isn't going to change. Letting these people go on thinking that their opinions actually matter is just plain mean.

Put it to bed, boys. :dozey: Shutt has spoken.

However, unless it does turn out to matter...here's my idea: MONKEYSHINES! :max:
 RoyTordesLegend
10-08-2003, 9:13 AM
Letting these people go on thinking that their opinions actually matter is just plain mean.

Shuttmeister Carl looks down on the poor foolish peasants below.
 elTee
10-08-2003, 3:22 PM
I will be distraught if you don't name it "room where time and space merge into a single point of bastardom where cheese is mandatory and milk is purple, where the sea is in the sky and the sky is in the sea, and the sea is black and the sky is orange, like a perverted school uniform - wherein resides the monkey island fan room"
 Lemon Head
10-08-2003, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by LucasTones
I will be distraught if you don't name it "room where time and space merge into a single point of bastardom where cheese is mandatory and milk is purple, where the sea is in the sky and the sky is in the sea, and the sea is black and the sky is orange, like a perverted school uniform - wherein resides the monkey island fan room"
I think you should stop drinking turpentine
 Darth Groovy
10-08-2003, 3:53 PM

This is why people hate moderators and admin. Keep in mind that not all admin and moderators think the same way as you do. Trust me, I know.

Also, without members, an online community cannot exist, if you cannot grasp that, then go start your own forum, and be it's only member. ^_^
 C Shutt
10-08-2003, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
This is why people hate moderators and admin.

That's rather a lot to lay at my doorstep, considering I am neither one of those things.
 Darth Groovy
10-08-2003, 5:31 PM
That's rather a lot to lay at my doorstep, considering I am neither one of those things.

Maybe, but you can catch alot more flies with honey, then you can with vineger,

Come on man, I am on your side, but you got to be nice to these people, they expect, respect, and need that...
 C Shutt
10-08-2003, 5:39 PM
Pfft. Screw that noise.
 Yufster
10-08-2003, 5:48 PM
Dudes, DJG all the way!
 Joshi
10-08-2003, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by LucasTones

That was our first choice before 'Life and how to Live it', but annoyingly, it wouldn't fit on a cue card. Oh, and Shutt, prepare for my pm.
 Redwing
10-08-2003, 9:37 PM
I dunno, I rather like "Life and How to Live it" (except I have to do a double take each time I come here cuz I'm looking for "The Harbor") - but I'm really nothing more than a long time lurker here, so who am I to vote ;)
 Das Mole
10-09-2003, 12:08 AM

i think that's a fantastic idea, allow me to change my vote :)
 Zoom Rabbit
10-09-2003, 12:27 AM

Funny (http://www.trekconnection.com/wallpaper/pics/spock2_1024.jpg). I was strongly under the impression that you were a moderator on one of the LF boards. :dozey:

Yufster: Aren't you missing an opportunity (http://money.cnn.com/2002/10/31/news/companies/martha_stewart/martha_stewart_points.ap.03.jpg) to propose naming the forum 'Bill Gates' Love Shack?' :D Surely you can do better than 'DJG...'
 Ernil
10-09-2003, 2:19 AM
C Shutt, something about your posting sytles makes me lose respect for you, bud.

Ok, "Life and how to Live it" is getting more..desirable as I think about it. My vote goes slightly to the harbor, but I will support this name too.

And if Lucastone's idea isn't taken seriously, I'll cry. It was brilliant, bud.

P.S. Where's Remi and Benny? They haven't been around since the change of "The Harbor" name.
 MrManager
10-09-2003, 2:46 AM
I'm still here, but I find the whole discussion lame. So I don't participate. Benny doesn't have computer access at his current location.
 Joshi
10-09-2003, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit
Surely you can do better than 'DJG...'

Nobody can do better than DJG, NOBODY!.

This poll will be open until tomorrow (friday 9/10) at which point we'll have a result.
 Darth Groovy
10-09-2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
Nobody can do better than DJG, NOBODY!.

This poll will be open until tomorrow (friday 9/10) at which point we'll have a result.

Well at least NOW I who placed the OTHER DJG vote! :p
 Joshi
10-09-2003, 2:32 PM
Actually, I haven't voted yet.
 edlib
10-10-2003, 9:44 AM
How about "Harbor Life"?

On second thought that sounds too much like an insurance company...

"Life in the Harbor, and how to live it"?... Too wordy...

"Livin' Life in the Harbor, with DJG"?... Naw,.. sounds too much like a public access talk show...

:joy:

Hmmm...

I guess I'll just go with "The Harbor" since I'm a creature of habit and comfort,.. although it's really a toss up.
 Natty
10-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Shutt's opinion doesn't count. So anyways. Ummmmm I guess most of us were brought up on the Harbor (so to speak, you know what I mean) so for many of is it has that sentimental thing to it. But like Mr Joshi said I think it was(and what's with the name change dear? What happened to the Neil?) I guess it's time to move on I guess. The harbor has caused nothing but problems in recent months.

The best thing to do would be some sort of compromise. Harbor Life was suggested, which could work, but yes, it makes me think of a life insurence company. If I guess a decision can't be made, I just suggest "Off Topic Discussion" or something equally boring like that.

Life and how to live it is growing on me, I just think that if I was a newbie, seeing a forum called that would freak me out and make me want to run away crying. It just seems so serious and overpowering I guess.
 Darth Groovy
10-10-2003, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by Joshi
Actually, I haven't voted yet.

Lying ass! You KNOW you like it!:p
 Thrik
10-10-2003, 5:43 PM
As I see it, the name isn't really that new anyway. Remember that this forum was merged with TSB's forums? And the Harbour was carried over as the general discussion forum's name from EscapeMI.com? As pointed out, Life and how to Live it was TSB's general discussion forum, so all that's really happened is that the pre-merge names have been swapped. It could have been Life and how to Live it from the start, but the Harbour got in there first.

Of course, none of you* would know/care about that since you all assume that the only community which ever existed here was your own.

* With the exception of RayJones
 Ray Jones
10-10-2003, 6:04 PM
Originally posted by Thrik
Of course, none of you would know/care about that since you all assume that the only community which ever existed here was your own.

wrong again thrik..

i care like i think i posted before..
 Thrik
10-10-2003, 6:46 PM
Fair enough.
 Natty
10-11-2003, 12:10 AM
I think if it's changed back to The Harbor, those who like Life And How To Live It will be ****ty and vice versa (if it remains Life people who like Harbor will get ****ty)

As I said earlier, Life and How To Live It is growing on me, but it just sounds so serious. I think it would be just easier to rename it General Discussion or Off Topic Discussion, that way everyone is unhappy ;) Sure those names might be boring, but at least it doesn't come across like mods and admin are playing favourites over the name choice.
 Ernil
10-11-2003, 3:19 AM
Looks like "Life and how to Live it" came through victorious. Democracy works.

Well...it'll grow on me. Already started.

And so begins a new adventure.;)
 Yufster
10-11-2003, 10:16 AM
I voted DJG.

Also, I would like to put forward the suggestion, "Bill Gates Love Shack." Or something related in some way to Bill Gates. Because deep inside, we either love or hate Bill. He's like marmite. And that way, we would have a soul touching theme song too. Plus, we'd have a load more angry threads and complaints! And everybody loves those. I say Bill Gates all the way, or DJG.
 Joshi
10-11-2003, 5:01 PM
Life and How to Live it wins, ya'll can't complain, it was sorted diplomatically (see Gabez, communism only goes so far).

This thread has done it's do... Groovy, will you do the honours? (you know, close this thread... yeah, I know you got it, but you know, just in case... hay, don't you look at me like that... no I don't think you're stupid... oh just ckliose the damn thread... yeah, and you too!)
 Yufster
10-11-2003, 5:30 PM
I protest. I would like this to stay open longer, on the grounds that I like complaining and would like to make further complaints. I only recently realized that DJG's just great, and I demand the Harbor be renamed "DJG"
 Darth Groovy
10-11-2003, 7:25 PM
Originally posted by Joshi
Life and How to Live it wins, ya'll can't complain, it was sorted diplomatically (see Gabez, communism only goes so far).

This thread has done it's do... Groovy, will you do the honours? (you know, close this thread... yeah, I know you got it, but you know, just in case... hay, don't you look at me like that... no I don't think you're stupid... oh just ckliose the damn thread... yeah, and you too!)

:eyeraise:
Page: 1 of 1