Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Somethingsbeen bothering me

Page: 1 of 1
 Samnmax221
10-05-2003, 4:27 PM
An author has recently bumped off chewbacca who else may die.
I meen Han's got to be at least 60 by now and all.
 Pnut_Man
10-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Recently? You mean back in 2001 :p

Well, I believe Han's about 45-50ish in the latest NJO book, but I can't see him dying.

Just understand that though some people may find deaths of characters completely useless,but they serve a point of bringing that sense of realism into Star Wars. Death is a part of life, we've gotta accept that.
 wassup
10-07-2003, 4:42 AM
Some people keep hinting at Han dying, but I kinda doubt that will happen. There will be many pissed off Star Wars fans if Han dies.

btw The New Essential Guide to Characters states Han at 54 when the YV invasion begins so hes probably close to 60 in the recent NJO books.
 Lynk Former
10-07-2003, 4:44 AM
Originally posted by wassup
Some people keep hinting at Han dying, but I kinda doubt that will happen. There will be many pissed off Star Wars fans if Han dies.

and no one cared that Chewy died?
 wassup
10-07-2003, 5:15 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
and no one cared that Chewy died?

People did care about Chewie, I'm just saying that even more Star Wars fans will be raged if Han dies, probably even more than when Chewie died in 1999.
 Lynk Former
10-07-2003, 5:42 AM
That's still not gonna stop em
 leXX
10-07-2003, 8:20 AM
Everyone has gotta die eventually. I don't see what the big deal is. Some of the coolest characters where killed off in the films, so the EU fans will just have to get used to it.
 StarWarsPhreak
10-07-2003, 9:48 AM
That's still not gonna stop em

but georgie could stop them ;)

Chewie's death didn't bother me too much... but I agree, they'd be crazy to kill of Han, Leia, main characters fromt he movies...
 Jan Gaarni
10-07-2003, 8:03 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Everyone has gotta die eventually. I don't see what the big deal is. Some of the coolest characters where killed off in the films, so the EU fans will just have to get used to it.
Exactly. :D

Also consider: A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away ...

Basically, they are all dead by now anyways.
The question is, how did they die, not, why did they die? :)

Chewie's death didn't bother me too much... but I agree, they'd be crazy to kill of Han, Leia, main characters fromt he movies...
I'd consider Obi-Wan a main character from the films.
Also I would consider Yoda a main character in the films.
Yet they both die. ;)
 StarWarsPhreak
10-08-2003, 9:39 AM
but they happened in the movies ;)

EU shouldn't mess with death and movie characters. We all know what happened with Boba Fett.
 Lynk Former
10-08-2003, 1:43 PM
NJO is just the Deep Space 9 of Star Wars...
 StarWarsPhreak
10-08-2003, 1:50 PM
it may be, but I've never seen DS9 or care to. You can say what you want, I still like the NJO.
 Jan Gaarni
10-08-2003, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
but they happened in the movies ;)
No difference. :p

People should have been used to main characters dieing by now. :D
 Lynk Former
10-08-2003, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
it may be, but I've never seen DS9 or care to. You can say what you want, I still like the NJO.

I saw an episode of DS9 for the first time a couple of days ago and my bro is a fan of Star Trek so I asked him the story and I tell you. NJO is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ripoff of DS9 XD
 amadeus
10-08-2003, 7:15 PM
I'd be pretty sad if Han died, but its' gotta happen. Everyone's gotta die. Otherwise Star Wars wouldn't seem as real and it would get boring. It would be extremely hard for Star Wars to get boring, but if no one ever died, then there's nothing to go on. Death is a big part of life. I don't know if that makes sense, but Star Wars deals with life and it deals with death, just like it deals with the light and dark side. People have to accept that.
 Jan Gaarni
10-08-2003, 8:05 PM
I saw an episode of DS9 for the first time a couple of days ago and my bro is a fan of Star Trek so I asked him the story and I tell you. NJO is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ripoff of DS9 XD
Maybe, but the whatever-they-were-fighting-was-called-again lived in the same galaxy I believe, in the Delta Quadrant (if I'm not mistaken). But I must agree, now that I think about it, the overall plotline does resemble the DS9 plot. :)
 StarWarsPhreak
10-09-2003, 9:42 AM
how dare you insult the klingonstar wars honor by comparing the NJO to some Trekkie filth! :p
 Astrotoy7
10-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Some kids just have to realise its not the events that make any book/show interesting. Im sure many other books and films have had invaders from parts unknown who are tough as nails etc etc... its the CHARACTERS that make it intriguing. If the SW novels were just about warlords and grand admirals, lightsabers and xwings, then it would get very tired very quickly.

For me, characters like Jacen, Tahiri, Nom Anor and Vergere are what has made the NJO so interesting to read.....

MTFBWYA
 Master_Keralys
10-16-2003, 3:55 PM
I doubt Han will die. Someone big is going to have to die in TUF, but I doubt it will be Han. For pete's sake, they already nailed the Solos pretty bad, between Chewie and Anakin. It'll be like Luke or Mara. And knowing them, probably Mara. Which sucks. I agree with Astrotoy's sig. Luke should die, Mara is way cooler and she should marry someone else.
 Astrotoy7
10-18-2003, 2:21 PM
Someone big is going to have to die in TUF

It isn't entirely necessary to think that TUF will end up with another death, I'd prefer a super twister ending, which will also set the scene for subsequent novels. I dont see the vong just vanishing from the galaxy completely, especially with the philosophy/efforts of ppl like Jacen and Luke to avoid a total eradication of the YV....Not to mention the scheming of Nom Anor

But let's say someone HAD to die -
Luke - never - he's too central to the whole thing, the Jedi Academy is only really getting going now. This would be a super plot twist, but many SW/EU fans would just be too freaked out ! Indeed the SW Universe just wouldnt be teh same without him....

Mara - maybe - she's a great character, and a fave with many fans, including this one. I think she has also attracted /maintained alot of female readers. I hope she doesnt get killed off, as her character is only now being fleshed out, with her now being a mother, and not just the 'Ex-Emperor's Hand'.......

Leia/Han - both are candidates here. Both would have a great impact of the EU and fanbase, but I could still see the novels continuing minus them, and would be a key point of future booksl, in particular with Leia's absence, the GFFA will miss her diplomatic skills.....

Jaina/Jacen - probably not, only from the point of view that the poor solos have been through enough already. I know many want to see jacen gone, but I think the twins are the key to many things in the whole NJO,. These two will also be the leaders of the "New Jedi Order" itself.....

Jag Fel - I hope not. Jaina needs some action

Tahiri - yeah, maybe - just when she has gotten her s**t tohether !!

Kyle Katarn - DIE !!!!!!!!!!!! Make Corran Horn and Whistler the heroes of subsequent games............. :P

Lando - yeah, he's cool/suave/whatever, but he's neither here nor there. I havent read much about him for a long while, he might as well be dead...

Wedge - would be a great blow to the GFFA, interesting from a military point of view, but many replacements could fill this role to an extent

Ben Skywalker - he's onlty a baby - I hope not - I look forward to him growing to be like kyp and being the source of consternation for upcoming titles......

Shimrra - yeah, he's no 1 on my list

Nom Anor - nope, he's easily the best YV character(IMHO), you need characers like him to keep the intrigue alive

Remnant - who cares - Im sick of them., including their lame appearences in the Jedi Outcast/Academy games.... They just arent fearsome enemies anynmore. Plus, they gotta get themselves a new name.....The Empire is dead for god's sake !!!!

Whatever happens - the only thing that will make me :( is SW novels/EU coming to a full stop at this era........but I dont think this will happen

MTFBWYA
 Lynk Former
10-18-2003, 4:03 PM
I reckon Luke's gonna die at the very end. NJO looks like it'll be an end of an era thing for Star Wars.
 rad-x
10-27-2003, 8:26 PM
I say kill them all and start again. :D

And Star Wars is Star Wars - it doesn't deserve to be compared with sci-fi like that glorified Shopping Mall in Space (DS9).

Chewie's death was a tragedy. I can't believe they killed him...
Page: 1 of 1