Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

why is this game so slow and skippy?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithxace
10-04-2003, 10:15 PM
why is it if i have a

Athlon XP2100+
Radeon 9700pro
512DDR
80GB hardrive which isnt nearly full

why thought it just did it fopr demo cause it was demo but game is slow and skippoy too, all the options are up
 -=FB=-Jagged
10-04-2003, 10:21 PM
hehe -- i'm runnin an 1800 series with 512 and a 40 gig with a GEForce4 graphix @ 128megs...

...and the game runs so smoothly sometimes i want to cry. maybe crank your settings down. thats about all i can think of.

unless, of course you are like a friend i have who feels his pc should be able to run all his programs at once. in which case i would advise you to turn everything off then run JA alone. :D
 Doug Thompson
10-04-2003, 10:34 PM
There are issues, it seems, with higher-end machines. That's not a problem at our house.:rolleyes:

I did have a little "skipping" once. Defragmented the hard drive and it flowed smoothly thereafter.
 Andy867
10-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Have you tried turning off Force Feedback under the Control options. Also, try updating your video drivers if you haven't done so already. And try turning off Dynamic Glow(for the meantime)
 Samus
10-05-2003, 5:55 AM
I don't understand this. My PC should be able to play nice and smooth at the highest settings at 1024x768, but the fps is actually not very good. Usually at 30-40, but it slows down to 10-20 sometimes.
 Tyler_Durden
10-05-2003, 6:27 AM
Tell me about it, i have a pretty high end machine that i bought just for this game and it runs like an old lady. Maybe a patch to make it run better but in the meantime it sounds like a driver update is in order
 ExcelsioN
10-05-2003, 6:43 AM
My PC is about 8 months old, and the game runs smoothly most of the time. My system is almost the same as Sithxace, but i have 120 gb of mem.

However, whenever i attempt (or the enemy attempts), to use force push, the game becomes extremely slow and very *skippy*. It usually means that I end up dying.

This dosent seem to happen in MP, so i dont know whats going on.

Its not a too big prob, i've already completed the game in master.

Apart from that, the game runs perfectly.

:)
 Astrotoy7
10-05-2003, 6:51 AM
Bummer. You just got to tinker with the settings. Have you got the latest drivers for your card...

switch dynamic glow OFF to begin with, that slows down framerate on whatever system you have. The next things to drop would be to scale back to bilinear and 16 bit settings. If all this doesnt help, drop your rez to 1024x or less :( - which is a real shame as this game can look stunning

Check the other 'stuck' threads', Im sure theres alot more suggestions for these probs...

MTFBWYA
 Samus
10-05-2003, 7:03 PM
Turning off dynamic glow and volumetric shadows helps tremendously. I get 80-90 FPS without them in both 1024x768 and 1280x1024. But I really like the effect of those two settings, esp. dynamic glow. The sabers look much better with that enabled, though to me it seems like all it really does is to make the glow around the saber sort of thicker. (Forgive me if I'm wrong.) Why does that slow the game down so much?
Page: 1 of 1