Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Acklay References

Page: 1 of 1
 monsoontide
10-04-2003, 2:22 PM
Help!

I don't suppose anybody has any HI-RES images of an Acklay I can use as Reference and Textures for my Acklay vehicle!
(I have a few but nothing really useable for texturing purposes).
Perhaps if someone could take some digital pix of the toy and e-mail them to me - that would be great! :D

Monsoontide
 Pnut_Man
10-04-2003, 3:25 PM
 monsoontide
10-04-2003, 3:44 PM
Forgot about RebelScum!

I've finished the model for the most part (Apart from a few tweaks needed here and there - I'm trying to keep the polycount as low as possible). So just have to work out the texturing and I'll post a pic.

Is it just me or is the toy Acklay based on an earlier design for the film and not the final one in the film, 'cos it seems to feature lots of extra 'fins' along it's back and neck.

Monsoontide
 monsoontide
10-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Still working on this but here's how it currently looks...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_WIP3.jpg)

Monsoontide
 DarkLord60
10-05-2003, 3:27 AM
Wow that is excellent I hope we can create one as good as that. That looks like it was hard to make! :)
 monsoontide
10-05-2003, 3:38 AM
Modeling Took me a day - Texturing, so far another day & a half. Lots of tweaking to do (If I get enough time). Animating it and getting it in game and working will be the hard parts!!!

Monsoontide
 DarkLord60
10-05-2003, 4:22 AM
Well good luck. :)
 king yoda
10-05-2003, 12:52 PM
it looks awesome. keep up with the good work.
 Miko Reglia
10-05-2003, 8:04 PM
woah that is some scary ****...

keep up the good work!:)
 Neverhoodian
10-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Wow, it looks great. I can't wait to ride on my favorite arena beast!
 Scoundrel
10-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Is this just going to be vehicle, or can I fight against it too?
 The Cheat
10-11-2003, 3:00 PM
it would be cool to fight against it like the rancor

btw, awesome model
 monsoontide
10-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Well, I hope to get it so you can fight it too -

BUT (And it's a big but!)

I don't have (or use 3DS MAX or SoftimageXSi) which are currently the programs used for doing all the animating etc.

So.... It really comes down to someone else with the motivation (Skill & Patience) to do it for me.

I can make all this stuff (& I'd animate it too if I could get some Lightwave tools for doing this).

I'm currently working with Duncan_10158 on this and we have my stap model working - so expect all the static vehicles to be made soon. However, the beasts (Dewback & Acklay - especially the Acklay since it has a 6 leg walk cycle) will take some time!

If anyone there knows any animators who can help us, that would really help out a lot!!! :D
 El Sitherino
10-12-2003, 1:57 AM
http://www.geocities.com/sirfobos2021/)
click the first image to download the spider. It's animated well because the way it's weighted. You could probably pull off something like this with your acklay. :)
 monsoontide
10-12-2003, 1:40 PM
Looks interesting, will check it out as soon as I get a chance!

My current plan is to get all the static vehicles working properly first and then try the Dewback & Acklay!

BTW check out my other thread for some new model wip pix!

Thanks very much for your help :)
Page: 1 of 1