Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MS3D Skeleton for JO & JA PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Page: 1 of 1
 Marker0077
10-04-2003, 8:25 AM
I have some models but I can't get them in-game because I need skeletons for them. Can someone breakout please? I use MilkShape 3D (MS3D).

Thanks either way.
 CortoCG
10-04-2003, 4:21 PM
You can use the JO skeleton to match the body, but I'm not sure you can export it to .xsi.
 Marker0077
10-07-2003, 7:16 AM
First off, I apologize for the long delay on the response. I am not on like I used to be.

Secondly, when I import the .GLM, it doesn't import the skeleton as far as I can tell.

I have been able to get imported weapon models to work in-game, but not player models. I changed all the *'s to bolt_'s but it says that it does not work due to something or the skeleton & there are no real tutorials on how to make this work with MS3D, so I would appreciate any assistance in this matter.
 CortoCG
10-07-2003, 7:21 AM
the .glm file does not contain the skeleton, just vertex weight data. As for the tutorials, I think it is bcuz there is no way to make JO player models with MS3D yet. Unless a proper .xsi exporter is created.
 ksk h2o
10-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Corto is right. While you can create your model in MS3D, you will need to get it into Softimage XSI or 3dsMax in order to get it into XSI format and then use carcass to assimilate it into a glm for in game use.

You can make weapon and map models with MS3D though, just not player models.
Page: 1 of 1