Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK:Academy - Vehicles ???

Page: 1 of 1
 monsoontide
10-03-2003, 5:32 PM
Anyone heard anything on animating the vehicles for Jedi Academy - i.e. will we be able to?

I have made 4 vehicles
Sith Speeder (Darth Maul's Bike)
Speeder Bike (From ROTJ)
STAP (From TPM)
Dewback (From ANH)
So far and am just waiting on the "Official" documentation so I can implement them.

Monsoontide
 Pnut_Man
10-03-2003, 7:45 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111820)

Have you tried this thread?

I'm looking forward to seeing those models as vehicles in Jedi Academy :)
 The Cheat
10-03-2003, 8:04 PM
that would be awesome to have dewbacks in the game, as well as the other things you are making
 monsoontide
10-03-2003, 8:09 PM
Cool! :D

That's just the sort of thing I was looking for. Now I have to get it all to work. :(

Will post some screenshots when I get back to work.

Monsoontide

P.S. What would be cooler, a Ronto a Reek or an Acklay vehicle?
 Pnut_Man
10-03-2003, 9:12 PM
It's up to you, but they all look suitable to me :p
 t3rr0r
10-04-2003, 12:51 AM
i don't know about an acklay... he might turn around and bite you in the face. ;D they all sound like great ideas to me.
 monsoontide
10-04-2003, 1:49 AM
Already started on the Acklay!
(My personal favourite of the arena creatures)

Moedling them is the easy part.
Texturing them (well) is harder (I'm not so good at it)
Animating them is a pain (In Milkshape - since I don't use 3DS Max or the cut down version!)
Getting them to behave as vehicles in JKA - well that remains to be seen.

Had fun spawning the lambda shuttle, tie-bomber, z-95, and x-wing but controlling them's a bitch.

Monsoontide.

(Pictures soon - I promise!) ;)
 Antizac
10-04-2003, 3:39 AM
As soon as I get my copy of JA (in a day or two, here), I'm hoping to create a horse-like animal for my "Rising Empire" (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110166) series...

...for Part 2 (if anyone's been following some of the few Showcase posts of mine).

And I also had the idea of having "swoop gangs" on Coruscant for Part 1, but I kinda scrapped it...
Page: 1 of 1