Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite Siege Class?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
10-03-2003, 1:33 AM
Since people are finally starting to discover how much fun Siege can be, let's here some fan gushing and opinions on it.

Personally I change classes a lot depending on the situation. I've started to get better with Assault, but I'm finding that being a Tech is a lot of fun (going around trying to help people and fix equipment or hack through doors). Also the Demolitions makes me say, in the words of the Dwarven demolitions squad in Warcraft II "Aghh, bahms arrr gret!"

; )
 Emon
10-03-2003, 1:48 AM
JA's classes are very unique, in that their fundamental properties can change per map, making it hard to choose a favorite.
 Prime
10-03-2003, 1:58 AM
When I'm able to get in a Seige game, I'll let you know :(
 Samuel Dravis
10-03-2003, 3:12 AM
Assault. The E-Webs are great...The Rodian ones aren't as good though.
 Neverhoodian
10-03-2003, 3:16 AM
I like being the Scout. There's nothing quite like sniping an opponent who's manning a turbolaser pinning my teammates down, or killing the enemy Scout who almost had a bead on me. That, and Jedi can't block my disruptor shots. ;)
 Sam
10-03-2003, 4:21 AM
I like the scout too but in the sith temple level demo kills all.

sadly hardly anyone is a tech people just blowup the locks instead of using a the tech to unlock them.
 |GG|Carl
10-03-2003, 6:16 AM
Tech and jedi are best.
 king yoda
10-03-2003, 1:07 PM
yes jedi , and my fvorite level is korriban.
 |GG|Carl
10-03-2003, 1:32 PM
No, the desert map is the best!

Cause I love swoop riding!
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
10-03-2003, 1:53 PM
well as i posted some where else...I havent been able to a single objective in siege (too laggy). I thinnk in the patch they make (if) they should put in the option of a bot match in siege, then us people with 56k can actually sample and practice seige, sorry but this is one of the only things that pisses me off about this game. :mad:
 Kusanavi
10-03-2003, 1:59 PM
Assault and Jedi are my favorites and yeah I agree with you Fir...poor us 56kers ;_;
 Sam Fisher
10-03-2003, 2:13 PM
Assault! Its the best! IMO.
 Master William
10-03-2003, 2:41 PM
Almost everything... I tend to choose Jedi and Assault mostly, Jedi for Tatooine, and Assault for Hoth (for the E-Web and the nice weapons).

I change alot, and since I just heard that you can hack computers or something, I will try tech more often, I also enjoy being one of those guys with a Sniper and Cloak (the model is Lando Calrissian). I think that is a Scout.

The reason I enjoy Jedi on Tatooine so much is that I just love to ride the swoop bikes, and cut people standing and shooting at my teammates. I mean, how many times have I done this?

I just love doing it!
 Khaza
10-03-2003, 2:53 PM
I use quite many classes just because every part of map needs it..
but most of the time I use demolitions, BoOm! :D
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
10-03-2003, 2:56 PM
use quite many classes just because every part of map needs it..

uh oh, we got a John Madden in the mix :eek:
 cbc72
10-03-2003, 3:48 PM
Prime,

Have you tried using All Seeing Eye to find matches? If you don't know (I didn't until last week), ASE is a program to find servers. It finds many more than the server list that comes with the game does. Search yahoo or google for all seeing eye to find and download it.
 Rad Blackrose
10-03-2003, 3:56 PM
Right now, I usually change classes to fit the situation when it comes to offense. For example, in siege_hoth I go Imperial. For the first part I will either be Assault and hammer the turrets or Scout and take out any Tech bastards spamming the DEMP secondary on the AT-ST.

We cross over into the 2nd part. Either go Jedi, jump the chasm, and hit the bridge, go Tech, open up the Ion Cannon station, and open the bridge, or take the cave entrance (more often then nought, it's the Ion Cannon station).

After the bridge is extended, go Assault, plant the E-Web, nail the Shield Gen.

Run in after the Shield Gen is toast, nail the droid, and run like hell for the control console to the dock bay. If I somehow die, I go Scout for the speed boost.

Go Tech for the docking bay, DEMP secondary takes the turrets in one hit. Unlock the back door to the infirmary, kill myself, go Assault or Demolition, take one of the two paths to the Command Center, plant a buttload of Det Packs, and watch the fireworks.

On defense, the only classes you should really need are Scouts with good shots, Assaults, and Techs. Maybe a few Jedi, as well.
 Igor_Cavkov
10-03-2003, 4:06 PM
as you guys said the classes are very unique so i cant say any favorites really! but overall the Assoult, sniper ,jedi ,and then the others lol
 Prime
10-03-2003, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by cbc72
Prime,

Have you tried using All Seeing Eye to find matches? If you don't know (I didn't until last week), ASE is a program to find servers. It finds many more than the server list that comes with the game does. Search yahoo or google for all seeing eye to find and download it. Yeah I've heard about ASE. I've sort of been waiting to see if more servers come up in the game browser, assuming that as more people get the game the more servers there'll be. But alas this doesn't seem to be the case. I'll probably give ASE a go this weekend. Thanks :)
 kazesan
10-03-2003, 6:34 PM
I'm almost exclusively tech. Its hilarious when you have 3 or 4 techs setting shields at the same time. Or all DEMPing the ATST at once. Also you have a big advantage when a tech keeps his teammates from dying.
 Clemme w/Stick
10-03-2003, 6:41 PM
Wheres Yoda option? :eyeraise:

I just try something different every 30 secs as needed :).

-Clemme
 Kurgan
10-05-2003, 8:12 AM
Where's the Jawa class? That's one I want to see.. and the skin is already there!
 ExcelsioN
10-05-2003, 10:09 AM
Assault. Definately.

I guess it reflects my BF1942 and MOHAA style of gameplay.

Kills Deaths

ExcelsioN 134 185

I just charge into the front line firing at any moving thing. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it ends up with me TK'ing.

But then again, I also like being a sniper and killing n00bs. Its so funny when they start crying because they dont know what killed them. :D
 JDKnite188
10-05-2003, 3:43 PM
The map dynamics make it hard for me to stay as one class for the whole map unless I am an assault, Jedi, or Heavy Weapons.

The assault class is the most useful because they have a lot of ammo and Medium strength weaponry firepower. They can do a lot of stuff on offense and defense. They also have very useful items sometimes such as the sw33t E-Web and trip mines.

Scout was my favorite. Nothing is more satisfying than sniping the dudes pinning my team with artillery, sniping our front lines, or holding defense positions. Also, we scouts get cloak or jet packs! Yeah!

I always find myself calling for the other classes. I thought that there would be so many Jedi spammers, but most of the time I play I need more Jedi on my team. Heavy weapons troops are effective when taking out major targets. Techs and Demolitions can easily get the team to places (Techs) or make hazardous defenses (Dem).

My favorite Siege map has to be Hoth, but both Kor and Tat are great.

WE NEED MORE SIEGE MAPS! I hope that the objectives in future maps are a little more varied than blowing up stuff.
 UberJedi_4
10-07-2003, 1:42 AM
Come on guys demolitions is the best it is both defense and offense and you get to blow things up!

KABOOM!:jawa
 Crow_Nest
11-05-2003, 4:55 AM
I like Demolitions.:cool:
 StormHammer
11-05-2003, 6:16 AM
<-------- Read my info blurb over there.

Storm their base, and Hammer their defences. So I largely play Assault class. ;)

Of course, I'll switch class as the map demands it - especially if no one on my team is prepared (or able) to use another class.

Hoth

Mostly Assault, on either side. I'll only go Tech (for the Imps) to open a door to give us an alternate route on Hoth...but otherwise I tend to steer clear of the Tech class. I've always been rubbish with the DEMP gun - and I'm not too hot with single blaster shots either. So I die fast as a Tech. Having said all that...I think a good Tech is essential for the team, for healing and maintenance.

I'll also go Dark Jedi on Hoth, to get across the chasm...if no one else on the team is a Jedi.

I got my AT-ST driver's license, so I'm passable at driving it. :p

Desert

Assault, mainly - although I've also been a Jedi for the attackers, and occasionally a Tech for the defenders.

Korriban

I'll go demolitions on Korriban, either Light or Dark. But don't stand next to me, cos I tend to be a mad suicide bomber. :D

I'll also go for the fast runner/jumper for the Light side to grab crystals and get the Staff to it's destination.

------

Good teamwork and a mix of classes is better, I think - especially when everyone knows the strengths and weaknesses of their particular class. Of course, the larger the teams the better, as well.
 majortom1969
11-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Tech all the way
except in a few parts of hoth (imperial) then i use assault
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-05-2003, 2:51 PM
I like to play as boba on tatooine, come on, you know you can't resist the jetpack :D. but anyways, my main class is demo/tech/jedi ;)
 Butt_Whisper
11-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Tech rock for desert rescue. On offense, you can hack into rooms, and use your energy shield on the 3rd spawn (the rancor pit area) to block sniper fire. On Defense, you can activate the turrets in the command posts, and at the milenium fulcan; you can also use the energy shield to block the exit/s in the rancor pit. Not to mention you can heal peeps and fix the locks and control panels. On Kuriban, I go demo on D, and tech on O; the tech has MT and both heal powers. On Hoth I usually go tech on D (for the energy shield and to shut the ATST down). I also go tech on O, up until the point where we get into the command center, then I switch to assult.
 eniaC
11-06-2003, 1:14 AM
Korriban-
Light: Assault
Dark: Tech

Hoth-
Assault

Tattoine-
Scout and Assault if I have to

I like Scout the best (except Korriban), I would use it alot more if there was a Mauser ; ) ...I need ammo.... :snipe1: ...MOVE!
Sometimes I want to break that Disrupter over my knee.

eniaC
 boinga1
11-06-2003, 1:32 AM
I generally like Jedi for Attacking, but Demolitions are some of the better defenders. I probably need to try the Tech out some, Especially on the Desert Map.
 SettingShadow
11-06-2003, 8:54 AM
Tech. I like healing and resupplying my teammates, hack doors, and on Defense on Hoth, they're really useful for taking the AT-ST down (mainly since the Demp disable the weapons).

Korriban

Defense Tech
Offense Tech, Demolitions

Desert Rescue

Defense Tech
Offense Tech

Hoth Assault

Defense Tech
Offense Tech
 StormHammer
11-06-2003, 3:47 PM
Hmmm...there's a fairly good mix so far - apart from the Heavy Weapons class. Not many people seem to go for that class, judging by the poll.

*makes a mental note to try out Heavy Weapons next time*
Page: 1 of 1