Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Idea for Coruscant level (and music discussion)

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkDefeater
10-02-2003, 1:20 AM
While browsing through the Star Wars databank, I came across this. http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/coruscantguards/eu.html)
I think it would be neat if someone could make a model and skin of these guys so they could be added to the coruscant level (mission XI), along with having the usual Imperial elk (officers, troopers, commandos, etc.). What do ya think?

BTW, this is my first post here, though I've been keeping my eye on this mod and this site for quite sometime. I'm a big fan of the entire Dark Forces series, including jedi academy, and I'm looking forward to the completion of this mod.
 Salv
10-02-2003, 3:44 AM
Sounds cool to me, and they look spiffy too. Its ultimately down to the modelers mates..
 Darth_Linux
10-02-2003, 5:39 AM
that is a cool idea. We'll see if there's any left over characters that might make a good Coruscant Guard . . . .
 michael_collins
10-02-2003, 2:04 PM
Ref pics of those guys would be in screenies of the sewer level of shadows of the empire on the n64 and pc cdrom, perhaps if anybody still has that game they can upload one into a program like milkshape or something that is being used and basically work off that?.
 CortoCG
10-02-2003, 2:16 PM
they look nice, and since those guys were seen on SOTE too, I think it's cool (Dark Forces and Shadows of the Empire are the only EU games that are SWish enough for me). And since both stories transcur on the same time frame (original trilogy) it's valid to use them.
 Katarn07
10-02-2003, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by CortoCG
they look nice, and since those guys were seen on SOTE too, I think it's cool (Dark Forces and Shadows of the Empire are the only EU games that are SWish enough for me). And since both stories transcur on the same time frame (original trilogy) it's valid to use them.

I hope you are referring to FPS, because XWA is a very well done game and I hear TIE Fighter is even better, perhaps one of the best. And KotOR is much more like the OT than the prequels could ever wish to be (well, the set and costumes of Episode III are shaping up nicely :))

Perhaps having them as 'bosses'?

Don't raise their vitality or anything, but after cracking the vault and getting the tapes or whatever it is you get, have that wall open and a few of them come on in. Plus, if that model were done, you could get Luke and Lando's heads on there as SotE models :)
 CortoCG
10-02-2003, 8:47 PM
I meant the FPS and other games... of course I lover Tie Fighter and itґs soundtrack, as well as the X-Wing series. Havenґt play kotor though.
 michael_collins
10-02-2003, 11:53 PM
TF Soundtrack?!?! ooooh cool, where do i get it?
 Katarn07
10-03-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by michael_collins

Lundquist wanted to redo that too. I got a little part of it over an AIM convo long ago. It's like a up beat Imperial March with some original music mixed with it. Very good :cool:

KotOR is highly recommended, Corto ;) I am replaying it now (my second time through) and instead of the goody two-shoes I was, I'm slacking off and am just an all around scoundrel. While not as pure in heart as 'Seth Dooley', 'Phoenix Bolera' is a much more interesting character when it comes to character interaction :D I find it drags on since I get no saber. It spoiled me to weild those blades of energy over using vibroblades and blasters :p
 Benevolence
10-03-2003, 12:08 AM

I've been working on a tweaked sound canvas version of the Tie Fighter soundtrack. It's been well recieved by those who've heard it. I might be able to convince The_One to put it on the site. I'm currently doing what I've been doing to Tie Fighter with Dark Forces and it sounds pretty cool so far. More on that later. :)
 eelektrik1138
10-03-2003, 5:34 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I hope you are referring to FPS, because XWA is a very well done game and I hear TIE Fighter is even better, perhaps one of the best. And KotOR is much more like the OT than the prequels could ever wish to be (well, the set and costumes of Episode III are shaping up nicely :))

The one thing that somewhat annoyed me about KOTOR is the names of the two sith lords, Darth Malak and Darth Revan... During the time frame the game takes place in, the tradition of using Darth as a title wasnt around yet. Hence why dark jedi like Exar Kun wasnt a Darth. From what ive read elsewhere, the naming started like, a thousand years later or something, with Darth Bane, whose first name actually WAS darth, but he started the tradition of his apprentice having the title Darth. Just a minor inconsistency of the Star Wars EU timeline...

That, and the prevalent use of melee weapons in the game besides Lightsabers felt less star warsish, but at least they attempted to explain it, and did a better job with that then Lucas did with anything in Episdoe 1 and 2...

But yeah, if you havnt played KOTOR, and you dont plan on getting an Xbox, theres a PC version coming out in a few months, and its well worth getting. Arguably the best Star Wars story in a video game ever. And its really fun to play too.

But as for the DF Mod, having a few new enemies where they make sense is always cool. And ive always thought the Coruscant guards were rather neat looking.
 The_One
10-03-2003, 3:14 PM
Originally posted by Benevolence
I've been working on a tweaked sound canvas version of the Tie Fighter soundtrack. It's been well recieved by those who've heard it. I might be able to convince The_One to put it on the site. I'm currently doing what I've been doing to Tie Fighter with Dark Forces and it sounds pretty cool so far. More on that later. :)

How big is it (in megs)?
 Benevolence
10-03-2003, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by The_One
How big is it (in megs)?

The only one that I have ready (the intro) is almost 4 megs.
 Katarn07
10-03-2003, 6:00 PM
Originally posted by eelektrik1138
The one thing that somewhat annoyed me about KOTOR is the names of the two sith lords, Darth Malak and Darth Revan... During the time frame the game takes place in, the tradition of using Darth as a title wasnt around yet. Hence why dark jedi like Exar Kun wasnt a Darth. From what ive read elsewhere, the naming started like, a thousand years later or something, with Darth Bane, whose first name actually WAS darth, but he started the tradition of his apprentice having the title Darth. Just a minor inconsistency of the Star Wars EU timeline...

I caught the whole Darth thing around a year ago and asked about it.

Remember this when it comes to SW EU: It's a big jugsaw puzzle. As more and more comes out and conflicts with previous works, a new work is published explaining it, tying the two stories together.

Example. Boba Fett is Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel. AotC says he's a clone of Jango Fett. New story? Jango Fett was trained by Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel and Boba dons his armor, thus commonly mistaken as Jaster.

The Darth one now? The Sith Order always has 2 all-powerful lords, one a master the other apprentice. They get the name 'Darth' Darht Bane's first name is no longer actually Darth, but he was the last suriviving Sith and limited the Order to the Darth sith, a master and apprentice. There's some better explaination of it all. The Jedi know that the Sith are still in existance, the Darths that is. That's why in TPM Yoda says there's always 2, no more and no less.
 Neverhoodian
10-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Keep in mind that all casual Star Wars fans or folks who've only watched the movies have always seen Sith lords with a "Darth" before their name. To omit the title would confuse many gamers and perhaps detract from the Star Wars feel to it. (there have always been "Darths" in the movies, after all) I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I didn't know about the "Darth" issue until now. EU is so full of contradictions anyway that you sometimes have to pick and choose.

Back on topic...

The Coruscant guards look pretty neat. I remember fighting them in SotE. It might add a splash of color to the otherwise dull whites and grays of the Empire on Coruscant.
 Benevolence
10-05-2003, 11:29 PM

It's now in the Downloads section if you want to take a listen. Enjoy!
 michael_collins
10-06-2003, 10:47 PM
got it, played it, lather, rinse, repeat.

FAB
 DarkDefeater
10-06-2003, 11:29 PM
The Tie Fighter music is great. :)
When will Lindquist's soundtrack be availble again? Recently my computer crashed and I lost the soundtrack. I would like to have it back, so whenever possible, I would appreciate having Lindquist's soundtrack availble in the download section again.
 The_One
10-07-2003, 3:39 PM
Originally posted by DarkDefeater
The Tie Fighter music is great. :)
When will Lindquist's soundtrack be availble again? Recently my computer crashed and I lost the soundtrack. I would like to have it back, so whenever possible, I would appreciate having Lindquist's soundtrack availble in the download section again.

Working on it ;)
Page: 1 of 1