Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Random Saber Colors for Reborn?

Page: 1 of 1
 Starfire13
09-29-2003, 11:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a mod that lets the Reborn and Cultists have saber colors which are randomised? I guess green, blue, and purple are known as "good guy" colors, so only red, orange, and yellow would be appropriate.

I know that there is a random saber mod for JO, and that it modifies a file called "npcs.cfg". However, I can't find this file in the JA pk3 files. It also completely randomises the color. I was looking more for a way to randomly choose either of the 3 colors I mentioned above.

I think this would really break the monotony of facing red-sabers all the time. I remember using the random saber color mod for JO, and really loving it.
 Tsaya
09-29-2003, 4:56 PM
That's a nice idea. So pardon me for this shameless bump.
 Darth Stryke
09-29-2003, 5:06 PM
Very simple, I think. I am pretty sure all you do is edit the Reborn's npc file and change sabercolor to "random" I am pretty sure the color is change via the individual npc file for each npc. Similar to how this was done in JO, but that only have a single npc config file.

EDIT** Actually, I stand corrected. I just looked at the PK3 file and it is in assets 1 I believe. You need to go in ext data and under sabers, edit (notepad here) the correct .sab file. Open the sab file with notepad (for reborn sabers I believe this is Sabers.sab) and scroll down and under it's blade color, for blade one, change "red" to "random" and that SHOULD do it.
 Wes Janson
09-29-2003, 7:43 PM
Sounds simple.

The saber file you're looking for is located in the ext_data\saber directory in the first assets pk3 file.

Unlike JO, each game entity now has it's own npc file, instead of everything being squeezed into one single file. Each reborn has their own npc files, and in each of those, there's the potential for them to have an overwiting line of code that depicts their saber color (npc saber color designation overrides whatever's in the .sab file). So just open up a few reborn files and check to see if in fact there is a saber color designation. If it's there, it'll look like sabercolor red.

You can either erase it, or just replace red with "random."

When I get off from school, I'll have a look and probably do it anyway.
 Starfire13
09-30-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks for your invaluable help, BoL_Stryke and Wes Janson. I have submitted my random saber colors mod to lucasfiles.

It's my first mod ever for any game, so I'm really excited. Do download it once it's up, and let me know if you all like it, ok?

Thanks!
 Starfire13
10-01-2003, 3:42 AM
The file is now up on lucasfiles.com!

I'm planning features for a 2nd version.

By the way, does anyone know how I can limit the number of colors available to an NPC. Let's say I want to randomise a Reborn's saber colors, but don't want him to use either green or blue. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1