Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creatures in MP

Page: 1 of 1
 KevinCoyle
09-29-2003, 12:57 AM
I read somewhere that it's now possible with Jedi academy to put
rancors or wampas in multiplayer maps as obstacles in the map. Anyone know any more about this?
 mariners2001
09-29-2003, 12:58 AM
hmm....obstacles or npcs?
 Lil Killa
09-29-2003, 2:28 AM
Supposidly your able to take something like a rancor for example, and build a map and place the ramcor infront of a door and the rancor will only let u enter if u enter the correct pw.

I think this is only for Siege mode though.

EDIT: This belongs in the JA mapping section...

Reporting:D
 RenikDelan
09-30-2003, 11:32 AM
While we are on the subject (but lets not neglect the original one), are pwords going to be available for all forms of MP maps in JA? Or just seige?
 Mr. Chopper
09-30-2003, 2:17 PM
I would think they'd work in all MP gametypes, since scripting is now allowed in MP. But what do I know.:rolleyes:
 Neverhoodian
10-01-2003, 3:33 AM
Well, there are rancors in two out of the three Siege maps and a wampa in the Hoth one, so it's safe to assume that creatures can be put into the multiplayer game, though they may be limited to just Siege mode.
 superdude201
10-03-2003, 5:12 PM
well you can play seige maps as a ffa and all the swoop bikes and animals are stillthere as far as i know so it will work :P (i think ;) )
 GothiX
10-03-2003, 5:56 PM
For those of you who cared to read my thread on setting up GTK for JA, they are under the entities in MP, and can even be used in duel maps (Though I'd hate to see them used in duel maps, it'd unbalance gameplay.)
 reaper1576
10-03-2003, 7:50 PM
probebly they need icarus II scripts to work corectly
 GothiX
10-04-2003, 7:15 AM
Not at all. They spawn with default AI.
 TPM_Montross
10-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Ya, i know how to do npcs and vehicles but do anybody know how to make em respawn?????????????:confused:

:fett: +:saberr: =:lsduel:
 Lil Killa
10-07-2003, 8:26 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
Make an entity such as an info_player_start, press N
select the "classname" key and change the value from info_player_start to NPC_Vehicle, then add all the following schtuff
"delay" "1"
"angle" "360"
"npc_type" "swoop_mp2"
"showhealth" "1"
"count" "-1"
"dmg" "25000"
"speed" "512"
You can change things such as its speed, hit points (dmg), if players can see how damaged it is and the angle it spawns facing in. Setting a delay determines how long into the game that vehicle spawns.
 CheeseY
10-10-2003, 7:35 PM
ok.. so is anyone else wondering where this is heading?

i understand the npc spawn thing is a cheat, but me and my friend played a lan game and i spawned boba_fett and loooads of storm troopers.. boba_fett didnt work, but the stormtroopers did :P

would it be impossible to create a co-op mod?
is anyone working on this? :)
 recombinant
10-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by gothicX
Not at all. They spawn with default AI.

...but presumably at some point the tools will be released so that we can script them as NPCs.
 reaper1576
10-13-2003, 12:09 AM
yeah we need icarausII to do more with npc's
 monsoontide
10-13-2003, 6:00 PM
As far as spawning monsters (And other NPC's)

Took a quick look at the new radiant thismorning and the siege_hoth map and it's quite cool. You can spawn your npc and now use proper in game waypoints for them (None of that bot crap you previously had to do) and set them to roam around and hunt for players.

Plenty of other cool features too. Just no documentation!
Also Raven's Siege maps are - well, let's just say, I think there's WAY more you can do with this game type.

Will be porting my Anchorhead SAGA & Bast Castle SAGA maps to SIEGE plus starting work on a new SIEGE map soon ;)
 MasterSidious
10-13-2003, 8:56 PM
Anyone working on X-wings, or like ties in MP(without using cheats)? THIS wOULD BE SWEET! Think about the possibilities! :D
 monsoontide
10-13-2003, 10:16 PM
I believe some people are, but currently the control of the spaceships SUCKS (IMHO) and the maps need to be really large in order to make it playable. Lack of "official" documentation on this subject also hinders progress.

However, now the mapping tools have been released, expect more soon.
 GothiX
10-14-2003, 8:53 AM
I've been playing with that idea.. and it has too many drawbacks, we'll have to wait until the sourcecode is released, so people can "upgrade" the vehicles.
 shukrallah
10-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Right now, i kinda sorta have JA, errr... for christmas, but i was able to play it once. I played all 3 seige maps and all i found was a rancor! Wheres the wampa, and other rancor??? thanks.

Anyways, when i get JA full time, ill be making seige maps. I have thought about a type of co-op (1 team, against several NPCs) maybe a real battle of Hoth. Where your the imps, and you fight the rebels, and of course, there will be taun-tauns, and wampas, and maybe speeders, and definatly ATSTs. But anyways, you can have say about 5-6 stormtrooper NPCs and snowtroopers on your side, which will respawn every 3-5 minutes. Anyways, its something to work on. Maybe even the battle of endor :D

Anyways, any idea on how we are going to get the objectives in? I mean, i can script for jk2 SP, but thats cutscenes... and natural events (stuff falling, things blowing up) which would be good in any map, but what about the objectives themselves? Would it just be scripting? Or is it something like Saga, where everything is in the .bsp and you put in using radiant? (i think it was, i started on one, but didnt really do anything, it got too laggy because i screwed it up with detail brushes :( )
 Zer0-L0giC
10-15-2003, 12:36 AM
Pretty much all objectives and events are/can be done within the editor. Some more advanced things can be done by using icarus, but there isn't much you can't do in the editor. Setting up the siege teams and classes is pretty easy, just need to look at the existing ones and use them as a template. Setting up the .siege file is pretty simple as well, i'll try to get some tutorials going up on my site about this stuff as soon as possible. For now, since a lot of people have asked about respawning vehicles, i've made this tutorial: click here for vehicle respawning tutorial (http://www2.ravensoft.com/users/mmajernik/misctuts/respawningvehicles.htm)
 shukrallah
10-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks about the tutorials, ill be using that when i get JA full time...
 Camйo
12-18-2008, 1:36 PM
I read somewhere that it's now possible with Jedi academy to put
rancors or wampas in multiplayer maps as obstacles in the map. Anyone know any more about this?

Hey there, i noticed your question and coincidencly i saw the solution earlier today. For this, you can use the Stalax Mod. It's not an ordinary mod, but an enhanced coding system. Here's the link if you're interesseded : http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Stalax;96334)
Page: 1 of 1