Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ig88

Page: 1 of 1
 acewombat
09-28-2003, 6:12 PM
Did anyone ever make an ig-88 model I asked about one on the forums for outcast like six months ago and someone said there was on in design I haven't been able to find one?
 Prime
09-28-2003, 8:12 PM
I don't think I have ever seen one. Sorry :(
 Neverhoodian
09-28-2003, 8:46 PM
check out HapSlash's website at http://hapslash.tripod.com). One of his many projects is an IG-88 model. However, it doesn't seem like it's been worked on for a while. He'll probably get to it eventually...I hope.
 Hellfire Jedi
09-28-2003, 9:20 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
check out HapSlash's website at http://hapslash.tripod.com). One of his many projects is an IG-88 model. However, it doesn't seem like it's been worked on for a while. He'll probably get to it eventually...I hope.
You don't want to know how long that has been a 'WIP', so long it'd make your eyes bleed.
 CortoCG
09-29-2003, 5:02 AM
Wow, thatґs deep, man.
 Cosmos Jack
09-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Yes I took a look at his website and all his models. All of them look great.

If he doesn't want to finsh them and just likes makeing them why doesn't he give them to someone who will finish them ? Instead of letting them set around for nothing.
 CortoCG
09-29-2003, 12:15 PM
Errrr... bcuz those models are his, and he can do whatever he likes. Or perhaps bcuz he enjoys more modelling and skinning them (which he does impressively well) rather than riggin them (which a tedious and boring process). Other reasons than that donґt come to my mind. Perhaps I could drop him a message so he answers for himself.
 t3rr0r
09-29-2003, 9:44 PM
i have faith that hapslash will get to everything in due time... the pictures are just so purdy. :D
 CortoCG
09-29-2003, 11:50 PM
He will, be patient, when the time comes, his true to Star Wars model package will be the best ever.
 HapSlash
10-02-2003, 1:19 PM
Every project that I'm working on I plan to release, but it takes time. I've been teaching myself how to do everything as I go, which makes it even slower. Although,... I must admit, I have been neglecting 88 for quite a while now.

The project originally started with some one else's model, for which I was only going to make the skin. The model I was given looked as if it had been rushed with no uv-mapping to it at all. At that time, I still hadn't done any modeling of my own, and had no idea on how to create the uvw-maps.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/88-history1.jpg)

I worked at getting an understanding of uv-mapping, and eventually came to the conclusion that no matter how well done the skin was for the model, it would never look quite right. With the original editors permission I altered the model in a few spots so it could be mapped more efficiently.

Time passed as I began to work on the textures and the uvw maps, but due to an increasing amount of job related work I had to put my JK editing on hold for some time. By the time I got back to it, the model creator moved on to other things, and I was left with a project that I was unable to finish. So,... I decided to start over, make the project mine, and rebuild the model from the ground up.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/88-history2.jpg)

I've been tinkering with the model off and on as I learn how to do things. At this point I've gotten the modeling and texturing down, but I'm still working on weighting. I'm not exactly sure how to pull it off with the game animations yet, as the original IG-88 wasn't created to move at all.

But, since I did work on it after the last time I updated the page, and there are those that are interested, I took a new shot of how it looks right now.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/88-history3.jpg)

The metallic sheen would hopefully be created by a shader in game, but I don't have any real experience with them yet, so I'm not exactly sure yet on how to achieve that look.

:dev7:
 Neverhoodian
10-02-2003, 1:38 PM
Nice! It's looking good! I always appreciate the detail you put into your models, Hap. It really adds to the models. I'm looking forward to playing as my favorite bounty hunter. (at least, he was my favorite before Jango Fett came along...now IG-88's a close second)
 CortoCG
10-02-2003, 6:47 PM
Hap I could lend you a hand with shaders at any time. Drop me a line when you need to make them, I'll show some cool but very simple stuff.
 HapSlash
10-02-2003, 7:21 PM
cool,... thanks!
 seks03
10-20-2003, 6:11 AM
WOW great job HapSlash, I wondered what happen to this model, and Im glad your still working on it, .....plus youv'e done a great job improving from what you had. thanks for letting us know what going on (nice layout).

I have placed you on my site under the request page.
Page: 1 of 1