Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Heavy troopers. spoilers ahead.

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
09-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Just wondering, those new heavy troops from JA, theyre kick a$$, will they in any way influence your dark trooper phase two and three modeling?, im aiming this at whoever is doing them. Just wondering as i was bowled over by their presence when i first seen them.
 TK-8252
09-25-2003, 12:40 AM
 michael_collins
09-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Thought they were zero g stormies myself, though its clear that there must have been some form of dark trooper inspiration behind them. And im wondering if these new troops will some how influence whoever is making the DTP1
 CortoCG
09-25-2003, 1:27 PM
Raven's new hazard trooper and rocket trooper will no influence at all my concept of a dark trooper phase 2. Those models are huge and grotesque.

But here is my real explanation: dark troopers phase 2 are supposed to be agile and maneuverable, and have a more stilized body armor that those new heavy troopers. Also the dtp2 helmet has influence of both stormtroopers' and dath vader's helmet.

The dark trooper phase 3 is a complete another story, cuz it has to allow a 6.5 feet tall and corpulent person inside. And I don't have a clue of what I'm gonna do yet =).
 Fracman
09-25-2003, 4:15 PM
Dark Trooper 1 is just a prototype of the skeleton, perhaps with some protective sheets to test some material.

Dark Trooper 2 is in fact the finished deadly weapon.

Dark Trooper 3 is made of the Dart Trooper 2 Hull using an air-pump :D
For those who can't figure what I mean, I recommend you watch the CG animation Pump Action (http://pocketmovies.net/detail_83.html) :p )
 michael_collins
09-25-2003, 4:53 PM
cool corto, just that nobody has actually seen one in true 3d so i wanted to know if either of those influenced ya :)

And the rocket trooper isnt that grotesque, though im sure that the DT will surpass it.
 TK-8252
09-25-2003, 4:54 PM
The NPC files in the demo say that the Hazard Troopers use Stormtrooper sounds, so they must be humans in armor. We had a very in-depth discussion at that thread I linked you to.

BTW, I haven't seen the new Rocket Troopers, would anyone please post a screenshot of one?
 michael_collins
09-25-2003, 4:56 PM
dont know how to take em or else id gladly supply, im in a level where one appears at the very start.
 eelektrik1138
09-25-2003, 6:27 PM
okay, I opened up a level, spawned a couple and heres a screenshot of them...front and back view.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/gharnhak1/rockettrooper.jpg)

edit: The npc name is rockettrooper2officer rockettrooper is just a stormtrooper with a rocket launcher.
 TK-8252
09-25-2003, 6:35 PM
Wow! Those Rocket Troopers are awesome! I guess they're called Rocket Troopers because of the jet pack thing. Now I don't want to be a burden, but can you post a pic of the Saboteur? I heard they're supposed to be Imperial Commandos or something...
 eelektrik1138
09-25-2003, 7:10 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/gharnhak1/saboteur.jpg)

the ones in the backround are cloaked ones, because, they can do that when they want too...
 michael_collins
09-25-2003, 8:42 PM
sabouters are B*Ds
 TK-8252
09-25-2003, 9:05 PM
Thanks again! They aren't as cool looking as I'd hoped though... I can see myself replacing them with Hap's Imperial Navy Trooper in the future. But those Hazard and Rocket Troopers are keepers!
Page: 1 of 1