Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hard Lock after map load

Page: 1 of 1
 Master DarkStar
09-20-2003, 6:20 AM
Anyone else having a problem where there computer hard locks sometimes right after a new map loads in Multiplayer? I get this every other map or so.

Athlon 2.8Ghz A7N8X
1.5GB RAM
ATI 9700PRO
Audigy 2
Windows XP
 Master DarkStar
09-20-2003, 7:52 PM
If anyone else is having this problem, theres a good change you are an ATI 9xxx owner and you have turned on openGL "TRUFORM" under display panel, advanced, opengl. Turning this off seems to solve the problem.
 ch4s3r
09-21-2003, 12:16 AM
I have this same problem and i have a ati 9600 radion pro. I can't find the truform thing under open GL, there's nothing about it there
 Master DarkStar
09-21-2003, 8:36 AM
What drivers do you have? It appears TRUFORM did not fix it for me, however after changing anti-aliasing from 4x to 2x I have not crashed yet.. (20 levels or so).
 Jah Warrior
09-21-2003, 9:14 AM
I think that truform is not available as an option on the 3.7 catalyst.

Still some of the maps are quite laggy (30fps) with a 9800 pro @ 420/376:(

I fail to see where this massive load on the graphics card is coming form, the graphics in JA are not that complex or indeed that much different to JK2 :confused:

I'd really like to be able to play this game with 4 x AA and 16 x AF, like I usually have in other games.

there must be a hidden console command to miraculously boost fps.

btw i notice that r_fastsky 1 no longer turns off reflections :confused:
 jodiuh
09-23-2003, 12:48 AM
The hidden command you're looking for in mp is r_dynamicglow 0. In sp you can just turn it off in the options. You would further increase your fps by changing shadows to simple. I think the command in mp is g_shadow(s)/cg_shadow(s). Give this a value of 1 for simple or 2 for volumetric if you're feeling crazy :P DarkStar, I'm with you on the 4x to 2x. That helped me out too. 3 days wo/ crash. I use vsync so my max fps is 85, but it doesn't get much lower in a fight.

amd 2300mhz
9800 pro
512 ddr

Jod ;-)
Page: 1 of 1