Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official 'Help with Dosuun' (Captured) thread

Page: 1 of 1
 emkubed
09-19-2003, 1:01 AM
I'm currently running in circles in the last mission of the second series of missions. The one where you get taken prisoner and are released for sport.

I cannot seem to find any door or room I haven't been in.

I walked out of the holding cell building, and into the larger building to its left.

I've acquired one security key, have been in some kind of big office with a switch on the desk, and have been in another room with a central location with blue shield screens protecting a small stock of weapons.

The 2 things I can see might get me anywhere are a red lit door in the open area outside the starting bilding, which I can ALMOST jump up to, and up in the second building I can see out a window and see some explosive tanks, but I can't shoot through any of the windows.

Any insight would be appreciated. I really do try to figure things out myself before I post for help, but I'm stumped. Thanks.
 I am the Boo
09-19-2003, 1:31 AM
in the room with the switch, you see the clip of the prisoners being released, you have to jump down into the arena through the window slot and run to the prisoners. they'll tell you to look out for the rancor and run down a hallway. follow them down and use the security key on the door you couldn't enter before. This will take you into a bar where you'll kill a few guys and can release more prisoners just like you did before.

Hope that helps :)
 StormHammer
09-19-2003, 1:50 AM
Originally posted by I am the Boo
in the room with the switch, you see the clip of the prisoners being released, you have to jump down into the arena through the window slot and run to the prisoners. they'll tell you to look out for the rancor and run down a hallway. follow them down and use the security key on the door you couldn't enter before. This will take you into a bar where you'll kill a few guys and can release more prisoners just like you did before.

Hope that helps :)

That's not the one he's referring to. ;)

I know which mission you mean - you have to get to your ship. Unfortunately, I too got a bit lost in that level, and I only beat it through trial and error. Here's a tip, though...if you come across a room that looks like a firing range, there's a switch in that room to knock off the forcefiled at the back. Knock off the forcefield and use the heavy blaster canon to make an exit in the wall (blow it up). Remember to try breaking windows etc. ;) Hope that helps. :D
 emkubed
09-19-2003, 3:56 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
That's not the one he's referring to. ;)

I know which mission you mean - you have to get to your ship. Unfortunately, I too got a bit lost in that level, and I only beat it through trial and error. Here's a tip, though...if you come across a room that looks like a firing range, there's a switch in that room to knock off the forcefiled at the back. Knock off the forcefield and use the heavy blaster canon to make an exit in the wall (blow it up). Remember to try breaking windows etc. ;) Hope that helps. :D

Thats it. Great.

Though I'd fired at the targets in the range, I never walked to the rear of the range. Infact that's the only place I didn't check or use force sense. Thanks.
 Smd
09-19-2003, 6:45 AM
I'm stuck in the level where you're taken prisoner. I haven't made it far, I'm just in the second room where I take a key from an imperial and there are five locked doors near the end of the room
I use the key to go to the first left door, and pull a switch that seems to do nothing. All the other doors remail locked, and Ihave nowhere else to go.
 bandit013
09-20-2003, 12:19 AM
I'm on the part in the dosuun level (second set of missions, the guy is hunting you while you escape from his prison) where you've faced the guy the second time. You go upstairs in the hangar with the AT-STs then you go up more stairs and face the hunter, then you walk to the end of the area and enter the door. You end up in an area where you can just walk in a circle and you can see the docking bay and the ship though the windows. There are two doors in that area but neither will open. How do I get into the docking bay?
 Igor_Cavkov
09-20-2003, 12:22 AM
damn i cant remember,..i have been playing jk3 the whole day today i just bought it ,... sry someone else may answer hehe
 JarJarBinks
09-20-2003, 12:30 AM
As soon as you get to the circular area with the windows, go left (clockwise) and go in the first opening you see, you should be in the TIE fighter hangar, jump to the bottom floor of that area, go through the small door, go up the elevator, you should be in a control room. Find the switch and pull it, then go back down to the bottom floor of the TIE fighter hangar, the switch you pulled opened the big hangar doors, go through the big hangar doors and you should be in the final room. Just try to avoid the boss till you get to the top, or if you're fast enough and you have some medpacks near by or you have force healing, try and force push some of his shots back at him.
 bandit013
09-20-2003, 1:04 AM
thanks
 augrunt
09-20-2003, 2:07 PM
Ok, I Blew The Wall Up, Im Outside, Took Down The ATST, Now I Opened The Blast Door Where I Can Drive AT&ST's Out... What Do I Do With Them?
 augrunt
09-20-2003, 2:44 PM
GUYS!, PLEASE HELP ME!, Frustrating!
 Comm539
09-20-2003, 3:16 PM
The place where you opened the blast doors, theres a crate with the yellow marks. Shoot it and it explodes and smashed the glass. Jump through the window and kill the imperial. Hit the control panel. Get shield, hit the other control panel to open the door. run out and at the back of the room (as though you walked in through the blast doors and walked straight ahead) theres a lift. Ride the lift and exit trhough the door at the top (which you opened before).
 RInger725
09-20-2003, 4:58 PM
Hey guys...I turned off the force field behind the wall and blew it up, but I can't figure out where to go after you take out the AT-ST in the courtyard area. Can somebody please help me? Thanks.
 DarthDave
09-20-2003, 11:43 PM
THer is an Imperial in the room inside where you got the AT-AT. Shoot the boxes by his window and it breaks the glass. Go inside and flip the switches. Up top there is a door that goes green. GO up there and you get a cinematic. WATCH OUT he starts firing that big ass laser at you. Use the heavy stationary canon to scare him off. Use that cannon to wipe out the incomin Stormtroopers. Once you get in the hanger, it's all up to you. THis part is kickin my padawan ass.

I miss my lightsaber....I didn't use any guns at all this entire game until now...
 shao_84
09-21-2003, 6:36 AM
Ok, i'm stuck at a place where i'm suppose to escape from a prision... investigating some cult or something like that. So i'm without my lightsaber and i'm using guns all the time.

In the stage, i reached a point where i shut down a force field in a test-firing facility and blew a hole in the wall and face the long-legged machine thing (i forgot wat it's called) ... i went into a hanger with more of those machines and got in one to kill everything in sight.

Here's the problem. After eliminating everything, i have no clue where to go. There's an officer in a lock room that says the door is opened elsewhere. I tried to do the mind trick "You will open the door" but no cigar... so if anyone knows, PLEASE HELP!
 JaledDur
09-21-2003, 6:52 AM
Blow up the crates in front of the window where the officer is standing. If thats the one you are at.
 shao_84
09-21-2003, 8:54 AM
Mucho Gracias... Thanks alot.
 davidid
09-22-2003, 12:20 AM
Ok I am at the place where you escape from prison..i have run forever...up elevators..down elevators..outside, inside...where is the exit? cany seem to find it :(
 davidid
09-22-2003, 12:49 AM
bump...anyone?
 NVShacker
09-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Shoot at the shooting range...
 Gabrobot
09-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Well, I don't know where you are, but if you've come across a target practice thingy then you need to disable the force field and blast out the wall behind the targets.
 davidid
09-22-2003, 12:56 AM
LOL thank you guys... I dont know HOW many times i hit the targets a couple times and said "what the heck is this? this is kinda wierd but i guess its just for fun".
 StormHammer
09-22-2003, 4:31 PM
*bump*
 Havoth
09-24-2003, 8:05 PM
acutualy I have passed all of that already.. And I am actually in the bunker where my xwing is... but whenever the doors close behind me.... A clone of myself pops up and locks me in the room.... and I have been all over the room and I cant figure out what to do... Can Someone help thanks...
 StormHammer
09-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Havoth
acutualy I have passed all of that already.. And I am actually in the bunker where my xwing is... but whenever the doors close behind me.... A clone of myself pops up and locks me in the room.... and I have been all over the room and I cant figure out what to do... Can Someone help thanks...

Hmm...that sounds like a corrupted save to me. You might have to start the level again - and try clearing out some of the save games you already have. Too many saved games apparently 'confuses' the game. :rolleyes:
 riian_skyfire
10-18-2003, 12:53 PM
How do you kill that guy with the whoop-ass laser cannon in the last part?:confused:
 StormHammer
10-18-2003, 1:22 PM
Firstly, it's not a laser canon...it's a concussion rifle.

Secondly - you need to basically get up to his level to have a better chance of taking him down. To do that you must jump up to each platform level.

Now, the trick to this level is to use your Force powers a bit more. Use Force Seeing to keep an eye on him as he runs around, so you can basically hide from him - stay on the same side of the room that he runs, so he can't shoot at you.

Also, if you can't find cover quickly enough and he starts shooting at you, use Force speed. If you are really quick, you might be able to use Force Push to send his blasts back at him.

There are one or two places in the chamber where you should be able to get completely out of his line of fire, and take a breather. Use Force Healing, if you have it, to get back up to 100% health.

Then you need to get up to the highest level using some pipes etc., (which is on the left at the top, when you first enter the chamber). Use Force speed and close in on him, and keep moving around him as you take him down.

It is tough...but you can do it.

Good luck. ;)
 riian_skyfire
10-18-2003, 3:17 PM
Thanks. I had just beaten the level before I checked back. it took me about 5 trys to beat him.
 Iblis Reborn
10-19-2003, 2:30 AM
me i just killed him when he was in an odd angle (only his leg or his head was showing) so he couldnt shoot back at me
id get a few hits in and then he would run
id just repeat till he was dead
 Remirol Nacnud
10-19-2003, 6:51 AM
That mission was surprisingly easy.
When I was watching the cut scene I thought "oh man, I'm gonna have to do this again and again before I get it right..." but as it turns out, the boss guy more or less leaves you alone.
I thought he'd be shooting at you whenever you were outside.

Here's a tip for the last part of the mission.
When you go through the big blast doors, and you see the cut scene and you get ready to try and kill him, run to the left towards a shield regen(use it if you want)

He'll then run around up at the top like a mad dog and it takes him ages to get into a position where he can actually shoot you.
Use force sense so that you know where he is, and sit there with your sniper rifle out. A few fully charged blasts to the head should do the trick.

That's the easy way to get him whenever you fight him, btw. Hide behind something, and just move until his head is showing over something and you can shoot without him shooting back.
:)
 JediMeister
10-20-2003, 2:58 AM
This is just another add-on regarding Remirol's tip. Once you enter the room, along the right side of the room is a lift. Take it up, into a room, i think, midway up the wall. From here you have a protected position with which to fire at Rax. He'll probably occasionally hit you but like Remirol said with several shots he'll just be a bad memory. This is a much easier alternative than running and jumping all the way to the top.
Page: 1 of 1