Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So how's Siege Mode?

Page: 1 of 1
 Guardian Omega
09-19-2003, 1:47 AM
After reading some complaints, I'd thought Siege mode was the way to go.

Still haven't bought the game, but I'm considering it if my mom will let me use my money to buy.......
 JarJarBinks
09-19-2003, 2:07 AM
Well if we could get some non illegal version servers running on siege mode I could tell you, unfortunatly I've only seen one siege server thats using the retail version and when I try to connect it dosen't get past "Awaiting Gamestate".
 Prime
09-19-2003, 2:22 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well if we could get some non illegal version servers running on siege mode I could tell you, unfortunatly I've only seen one siege server thats using the retail version and when I try to connect it dosen't get past "Awaiting Gamestate". Hell, if we could get more than a few non-illegal servers in any gametype I'd be happy.
 Lightsaberboy
09-19-2003, 2:40 AM
how do you tell what's illegal and what's non-illegal?:confused:
 ASk
09-19-2003, 4:46 AM
Open server info tab and look for 5 aug 2003 as compile date. If that is the case, don't bother connecting.
 SpaceButler13
09-19-2003, 4:50 AM
I found a legit siege server. Seemed like it could be quite un. If we all hadn't had 400 pings........
 Sam
09-19-2003, 1:11 PM
Go to the endor forest moon seige server,Great ping and no lag at all.

but it only has a 14 player limit so its allmost allways full.
 Intrepid_JKII
09-19-2003, 1:12 PM
honestly i was expecting it to be a joke, but it's actually a blast!

for the entire 10 minutes you can actually play it that is. they only "siege" taking place will be that of bugs against your system. "Bad animation number 5376" - "Unknown Event 240" - "Unknown event 256" and so on OVER and OVER and OVER again. playing siege is something like this: almost complete an objective - crash - reconnect, almost complete again - crash - reconnect, finally complete it - crash - reconnect, crash, reconnect, crash... until you just give up.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-19-2003, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by Intrepid_JKII
honestly i was expecting it to be a joke, but it's actually a blast!

for the entire 10 minutes you can actually play it that is. they only "siege" taking place will be that of bugs against your system. "Bad animation number 5376" - "Unknown Event 240" - "Unknown event 256" and so on OVER and OVER and OVER again. playing siege is something like this: almost complete an objective - crash - reconnect, almost complete again - crash - reconnect, finally complete it - crash - reconnect, crash, reconnect, crash... until you just give up.

Just so you know, you're the only one I've heard report that. I've been playing Siege online myself and haven't had that happen. It could be a bad server. Try a different server.
 Intrepid_JKII
09-19-2003, 3:23 PM
really? hmm.. id say yeah its probably the server (our clan server) since it happened to everyone in the server at the time, except somebody else we know was playing there to, he said he's run into that kinda thing everywhere he's played siege.. :(
 Igor_Cavkov
09-19-2003, 3:30 PM
The siege mode is exelent its just like 1942 battle fieild!! even better ,...
 Wiggyboy
09-19-2003, 3:38 PM
i dont get the game until monday so what kind of classes r there in seige mode and what weapons and items do they have i heard some of them get jetpacks is this true if it is then which characters get them??
 Kurgan
09-19-2003, 7:10 PM
Basically you have your standard Jedi plus a bunch of non-Jedi.
The non-Jedi classes get inventory items instead of Force powers and they start with different weapons.

They also get melee (fists) instead of lightsabers. So I imagine this would be a blast with g_debugmelee 1 turned on. ; )

I haven't gotten to play ANY multiplayer, because I can't get my router to let me play JA. I've tried opening all kinds of ports, but nothing seems to help... no server list, can't join my own server, it bites...

I wonder if it would be possible to mod some bots into Siege? I really want to try the game out... considering that's the feature I was most looking forward to.
 ASk
09-19-2003, 7:35 PM
just start the game and 'addbot' in console. There are no botroutes though, so you will have to make them before you can play normally.

Also, as far as I remember, the bots only have basic attacker/defender behavior, so don't expect too much.
 Zod
09-19-2003, 10:22 PM
I'd love to play Siege but I can't find any servers ;\ they're either full or illegal
 mariners2001
09-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Zod
I'd love to play Siege but I can't find any servers ;\ they're either full or illegal

i know!!! it's pissing me off....i hope the servers start to show up or the warez might actually kill this game.. :(

something needs to be done
 Igor_Cavkov
09-19-2003, 11:23 PM
yeah they could possibly remove the online bit for those who have illegal :D
 snowman21
09-20-2003, 12:04 AM
Oh come on! I made a thread with the exact same name a few days ago.......no one replied.

HOW COME NO ONE LIKES ME!?
 Igor_Cavkov
09-20-2003, 12:10 AM
hehe i dont think anybody disslikes you,...its just if you posted it a few days ago, and the game came out yesterdaay or today like for me,...people just ignored it becouse they didnt have the game :p
 snowman21
09-20-2003, 12:14 AM
eh, i posted it yesterday i think, good point though. I'm sooo glad everyone likes me again!

*plays siege mode* (which is awesome by the way!)
 Igor_Cavkov
09-20-2003, 12:15 AM
hehe np dude! :D yeah the mode rocks!
 Cray
09-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Siege mode sounds cool. I need to hurry up and get this game. :D
Page: 1 of 1