Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is anyone else getting this message??

Page: 1 of 1
 ps2maddenman
09-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Ok, I'm making sure the client isn't Aug 5th (beta people) and I connect to some games and after a few minutes it crashes with the error message "CL_ParsePacketEntities end of message"

I'm getting so frustrated that I tried to take it back to EB yesterday and the guy told me to give it a couple of more days until Raven fixes the servers.

I don't know what to do as I am interested only in Seige mode (that is why I bought the game) and not at all in SP.
 Sam
09-18-2003, 12:01 PM
I got it once but then it went away.

Btw seige mode kicks ass!
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by ps2maddenman
Ok, I'm making sure the client isn't Aug 5th (beta people) and I connect to some games and after a few minutes it crashes with the error message "CL_ParsePacketEntities end of message"

I'm getting so frustrated that I tried to take it back to EB yesterday and the guy told me to give it a couple of more days until Raven fixes the servers.

I don't know what to do as I am interested only in Seige mode (that is why I bought the game) and not at all in SP.

The only time I've heard this happen is when the server and client versions don't match... say, for instance, one of you is using a hacked .exe that removes the CD check.
 ps2maddenman
09-18-2003, 12:45 PM
So since I have the store bought game, and the person that I am playing isn't the Aug 5th date that means he is a hacked .exe then?

This has happened a few times, usually I can play for about 10 mins then I get this message.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ps2maddenman
So since I have the store bought game, and the person that I am playing isn't the Aug 5th date that means he is a hacked .exe then?

This has happened a few times, usually I can play for about 10 mins then I get this message.

Well, as long as you're not using the no-cd hacked .exe, yeah, it's probably on their side. They *could* be running the dedicated server release (Win32 or Linux) with the .pk3 files from the warez copy, which would cause lots of instability. We're working hard on doing something about these illegal, incompatible servers.
 Shaggy1984
09-18-2003, 1:03 PM
Hi a bit off topic, but i'm taking advantave of changkahns presence in this thread :p

I keep getting an error message when trying to play singleplayer. With CD 1 in the drive it says please put in the correct cd, with cd 2 in, it says please put in cd 1 :( . As you can imagine this is frustrating no end :p It doesnt happen in multiplayer. I'm just wondering if you know of any solution to this?
 shukrallah
09-18-2003, 1:15 PM
Clean the CD, or reinstall? Just a quick guess...
 Shaggy1984
09-18-2003, 1:25 PM
Neither of those unfortunately. I've reinstalled, same problem. I've tried it on my brothers computer and he doesnt get the error, so.. I've got no clue :compcry:
 TK-8252
09-18-2003, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
We're working hard on doing something about these illegal, incompatible servers. It's a real shame that cheapo people steal a game that you guys worked so hard to create for us. Those running the beta are a disgrace to the gaming community.

Who wants the buggy version anyway? Even if it is free! They can't join the servers that use the honest version of the game.
 ps2maddenman
09-18-2003, 3:26 PM
I've been playing for a couple of hours today and so far only one crash due to the CL_Parse.... error.

Hopefully the bad .exe's out there will be fixed soon.
Page: 1 of 1