Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dismemberment?

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
09-17-2003, 7:11 AM
I asked a Lucas Arts guy at the Comic Con if there would be a code for full dismemberment in the game and he said yes. So far I havent found it. g_saberreaslisticcombat 1 doesnt work and neither does cg_dismember 1. Anyone have an idea? Can a Raven person make a list of all the codes? Thatd be nice.
 Samus
09-17-2003, 10:40 AM
g_sabermorerealistic 1 is probably it. You probably need to type helpusobi 1 or devmapall first. g_sabermorerealistic was disabled in the demo. Then you may have to use g_dismemberment 1 (or 3 if it doesn't work) in addition. I don't know, though, as there is no JA where I live yet.
 Deity333
09-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Hmm, I've tried devmapall, then g_dismemberprobabilities 99 and found that I did not dismember anything, then I set it to one and find that I can dismember ppl at the waist, hands, shoulders, legs and heads, especially easy when you use saber throw.
 StormHammer
09-17-2003, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by Deity333
Hmm, I've tried devmapall, then g_dismemberprobabilities 99 and found that I did not dismember anything, then I set it to one and find that I can dismember ppl at the waist, hands, shoulders, legs and heads, especially easy when you use saber throw.

That's right. The higher you set the number, the less likely you are to dismember things - just like the command that was used in Jedi Outcast. I think it only ranges from 1-3 anyway, with 3 being lowest dismemberment, and 1 being the highest. ;)
 Gaiden Cortina
09-17-2003, 10:50 PM
hey samus, which game are you playing? I tried that g_dismemberprobabilities 1 and get no dismemberment... Got any other ideas?
 caffrey75
09-18-2003, 8:18 AM
I'm from England and I think Academy is coming out here tomorrow! Can't wait for it....!
Could really do with some input on dismemberment from the guys that have already played it though. Do the codes used in Outcast work or not?

Got so used to sending cauterised limbs flying all over the place in Outcast that I can't imagine saber combat without it anymore....! Spectacular stuff!
 Dark Lord Vader
09-18-2003, 9:43 AM
ANyone have luck on dismember?

I been playing A LOT of sp (all I'll say is, I LOVE IT) and cannot turn on dismember...
 Deity333
09-18-2003, 3:24 PM
Seems like g_dismemberprobabilities 1 AND g_saberrealisticcombat 0, 1, 2 or 3 (with 0 being the least dismemberment and 3 being like major realistic ie: don't even have to swing the saber to kill and dismember ppl, and I've been told that it goes to 9 as well).
 BladeIV
09-18-2003, 4:45 PM
As per the readme for the win32 dedicated server

g_dismember
Can be a number in the range of 0 to 100, and sets the dismemberment probabilities. 0 means never, whereas 100 means every time a player dies from a saber hit of appropriate damage. This will not do anything for clients that do not have their cg_dismember cvar set appropriately.

Im at work so I cant try it till I get home tonight.
 viconius
09-18-2003, 5:17 PM
I too have been trying to get dismemberment working with no success. I've tried the following commands:

g_saberrealisticcombat
g_dismemberment
g_sabermorerealistic (write protected)
g_dismemberprobabilities
cg_dismember

I've tried ranges from 0 to 99 with no luck. Hopefully someone will figure out to make those body parts fly!

Vic
 Wes Janson
09-18-2003, 7:20 PM
The closest I've gotten was to go into all the NPC files and change the all dismemberment probabilities to 100%. Well, they still don't dismember all the time, but I now can sever them at the head, waist, and legs. But it's only one sever per character. So if I cut off his arm, I can't dismember anything else (unlike JO's SaberRealistic in which you can chop them up to your heart's conent).
Page: 1 of 1