Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rolling seems buggy... anyone else?

Page: 1 of 1
 AgentBif
09-17-2003, 5:32 AM
In the demo, when trying roll maneuvers in combat I'm finding that it is really unreliable.

The acrobat moves section in the help it just says "press crouch when moving" to execute a roll.

But try this test... hold down a move key and keep hitting crouch... My character only rolls about 50-60% of the time. Is it the same for you guys?

If so, why is rolling so unreliable? Is this a bug?

bif
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:04 PM
Works fine for me. Just takes practice to get the timing down if you're not used to it.
 Agen
09-17-2003, 2:23 PM
you should only hit the crouch key once to roll because you're only going to roll once anyway and doing it executing it with out mashing should help your timing :)
 Prime
09-17-2003, 2:29 PM
I've been rolling around like a mofo with no problems. I love the roll and stab!
 AgentBif
09-17-2003, 4:52 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I've been rolling around like a mofo with no problems. I love the roll and stab!

So you guys have tried this: Continuously hold a move key (say forward) and every 3-5 seconds or so press and release the crouch key... When I do this, sometimes he does a roll and sometimes he just goes to a moving crouch.

I'm not talking about spot rolling here in the middle of a fight where you can sometimes get the sequence of keys wrong, I mean HOLDING the move key and every few seconds you give the crouch key a positive press and release.

But for you guys it is 100% reliable roll every time?

Very strange. I can't imagine why it's buggy for me...

bif
 Prime
09-17-2003, 5:06 PM
Hmm. Seems to work okay for me. Check the "moves" section of the datapad and check the controls required. I can't remember the order they are supposed to be in.
 Agen
09-17-2003, 6:48 PM
Well in the demo, it works perfectly for me.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-17-2003, 6:51 PM
The roll code does not let you roll into a wall or off a ledge (one with a dangerous drop, anyway) because that would be annoying... :)
Page: 1 of 1