Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

puzzles relative to JO

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Talliusc
09-16-2003, 9:06 PM
just a thought. but if we are allowed to pick our own force powers in the manner that was shown in the demo (i dont have the full game yet due to EB's laziness and screwups) then what will this do to in level puzzles?

in outcast you needed a certain level force speed or force jump to continue through certain areas. but if we pick our own then how will we overcome these obstacles? will the level change itself according to our force jump/speed etc level? or worse yet will all obstacles be bypassable with lvl 1 force speed/jump?

i suppose its possible that it gives you these force powers IF/when they are needed. i dont really know.

im not asking anybody to spoil the game for us, but i would very much appreciate if somebody who knows this game to some degree would answer this question for me. *true i could wait until tomorrow/thursday when i should get my own copy but i want to know now*

oh and for the missions where you dont get dropped off by kyle (im assuming hes not your personal chauffeur) does "Jaden" get his/her own ship to fly in? *hopes for an x-wing or Tie interceptor*
 Kurgan
09-16-2003, 10:47 PM
In the Design Diaries they mentioned that it was hard to design levels based on selectable force as you say.

Of course I always read that the neutral force powers will auto-upgrade in a certain manner when they are needed for the level you're on.
 Darth Talliusc
09-16-2003, 11:25 PM
many thinks mr kurgan. but any idea on the personal ship of our hero? hehe, oh well i can wait a few days to get that answer. feel free to delete this thread to unclutter the page a little. i wont be offended.

i should probably just pm you next time i have a question on this stuff shouldnt i?
 shukrallah
09-17-2003, 1:31 AM
Remember you can switch levels too. For instence, if you didnt have force seeing in chandrila you couldnt win, so you just leave the level and load a different one till you have force seeing and then go back to chandrila (the tomb, prolly spelled wrong)
 ImmolatedYoda
09-17-2003, 2:32 AM
Seeing is one of the "core" powers, so you cant upgrade it...i seriously doubt there will be any levels in the game that you cant complete if you dont have a certain force power of a certain rank...are they really gonna have it where you need Heal to complete a level? :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1