Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EB games, releasing the 16th

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Pnut
09-16-2003, 1:26 PM
Ok, I just got a call form my local EB, and my preorder is ready to go out, damn school, and damn Job. Anyway, I would start calling your EB stores and asking if they put them out Now mind you all I live in MI, USA. Also it could be a local thing, but another online buddy of mine gets his today too.

I'm soooooo happy, I'm calling in sick for work!....but school is not optional, I have an english report.....and well ya....BUT SOON IT WILL BE MINE!

Pnut!
 PrimoSidone
09-16-2003, 1:31 PM
geek, shool and work is more important than just a game... get a life man
 Rassick
09-16-2003, 2:24 PM
It's officially not on store shelves until tomorrow.
 Andy867
09-16-2003, 2:26 PM
You do realize that when they say its ready to go out, its going to be shipped. Cuz if you read the website more closes it says pre-release SHIP date: 9/16/03

Originally posted by EBGames.com
Dates shown are ship dates
Homeworld 2 PC 9/16
SW: Jedi Academy PC 9/16
 Lord Storm
09-16-2003, 2:51 PM
However, Gamestop's website says ETA 9-16-03. For the uninitiated that stands for Estimated Time of Arrival.

Of course that is Estimated, and I take anything a gaming store says with a grain of salt.
 Rassick
09-16-2003, 2:58 PM
That means EB is getting the game IN today. They stock it overnight so it'll be ready to sell tomorrow morning. The 17th. :)
 General Theros
09-16-2003, 3:02 PM
that is correct... they will have it on the shelf tomorrow... i called mine to ask if my copy would be in today or tomorrow and the man politely said "tomorrow"!
 The Count
09-16-2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
geek, shool and work is more important than just a game... get a life man

Don't be so rude; if anyone is a geek it is you!
 Andy867
09-16-2003, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by Lord Storm
However, Gamestop's website says ETA 9-16-03. For the uninitiated that stands for Estimated Time of Arrival.

Of course that is Estimated, and I take anything a gaming store says with a grain of salt.

Actually, the same applies for GameStop, apparently this time around, Game stores are not allowed to put Jedi Academy out a day early, unless certain employees breech the contract and do it anyways. What the stores CAN do is ship out the reserved copies to those who did pre-order the game. Cuz I called electronic boutique and Gamestop, and both said they will hit the shelves tomorrow.
 TheBlueFlamingo
09-16-2003, 3:53 PM
I just got back from Best Buy, Babages, and Game Stop here in Kalamazoo, MI none of the places had it. Babages and Game Stop said that it would be tomorrow. They gave me some BS about it being shipped and having to put it in their computers, which really means, they have it in the back but they dont want to do any work. One of the guys even looked in a folder, and started to give me some technical BS he was pulling out of his @$$, i got a glimpse of what he was reading off of, and it was actually a blank piece of paper! The nerve! Also at the Game Stop they have a pre-order box and on the box it says something like in stores August 16th. I mentioned that to the guy and he started to give me some other BS. Its a conspiracy i tell you!
 Avitor
09-16-2003, 6:03 PM
Just bought mine at EB, about to open it...
 -DK-Squee
09-16-2003, 7:10 PM
did u buy it or pre-order it?
 KnightWhoSaysNi
09-16-2003, 7:17 PM
HI all, this is my first post, but just wanted to let ya'll know, that my local EB store says it doesn't come out till tomorrow. I've asked them what about the pre-orders? and then there's silence on the phone. They act like they don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about. She did say that they got a bunch of boxes in but she has yet to go through them cause she's been busy with some Wrestling game for the Xbox that came out.

Wrestling vs. JA? c'mon......PRIORITIES people!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow......God this day is dragging along very very slowly.
 -DK-Squee
09-16-2003, 7:21 PM
An Amen to that;)
 Andy867
09-16-2003, 7:24 PM
I got the same response from the person at GameStop near me. At first she said that they didnt even have JA in their computer a sa game to be released. And then I mentioned that well it is due out today or tomorrow.. And then silence.. and I said I would try back later... and so I called back later and the manager confirmed that only that the game would be in stock/on the shelves tomorrow.. D'oh!!!!
But the best buy near me said that if they got the shipment in today, which they are expecting, they will be able to release a few copies only to those who called ahead and asked about it being released, which so far, has only been me:)
 Pnut_Man
09-16-2003, 7:30 PM
Sup Markus!!!

I laughed my ass off when i saw this thread and read that 'geek comment'.

I'll have that game tomorrow, then we shall play.
 Kurgan
09-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Two EB locations by me, one in Iowa, one in ILL. The Iowa one was like "tomorrow," the ILL one has it right now (but they only have a few copies).

I would drive the ten minutes to get a copy, but only if it doesn't arrive in my mail tomorrow. ; )

On the other hand, the folks at Wal-Mart were completely clueless. Apparently they don't get release dates for games (or so they say).

Best Buy put me on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up on me. Their website didn't even list Jedi Academy...
 JarJarBinks
09-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Bah, EB was supposed to get it today but the shipment didn't come in :mad:.
 Darth Talliusc
09-17-2003, 1:16 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Bah, EB was supposed to get it today but the shipment didn't come in :mad:.

i was told the exact same thing. bah!

im quite sure that the ppl that preordered theres *in my city at least* got theirs today. heres the convo:

me: hello im calling about the release date of jedi academy?
dude: did you preorder your copy or do you just want to walk in and pick up a copy?
me: umm i havent preordered no
dude: oh ok then, do you WANT to preorder a copy?
me: no thanks dont have a credit card on me
dude: oh ok then. well you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the game then

perhaps im paranoid but i think they're feedin the game to the preorderin ppl. bah oh well its only one day.... gonna make my day go alot slower tomorrow though ill bet.
 Darth_Pnut
09-17-2003, 1:37 AM
Ok, so why did it take so long for me to respond? I was playing JA, first off I pre-ordered at the store, not the web site. I was called at about 10 am, and I am at home with strept throught, thats why i wasn't at school. I went and picked up my game at the EB in Woodland Mall, (and the guy from K-Zoo should know where that is), and also received the glowy key-chain.

PrimoSidone,

Um, ok, now heres the deal, I am getting at least B's in all my classes, and I work hard for my Current GPA. However, that doesn't me I have to enjoy school, and when i game comes out I shouldn't want to play it....I know your the same way if your posting on this forum. So wake up fellow "Geek."

Now anyway, a lot of EB games did give out their preorders today....just look at the forums......

Sincerely,
Pnut
 Darth_Pnut
09-17-2003, 1:43 AM
Oh, and I just got to Pnut_Master's post,

So,

Sup Tomar....you must get the game, it's hard to rule the servers with an Iorn Pnut fist without my Pnut Partner, so get the game =p

Darth_Pnut
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
09-17-2003, 1:59 AM
Yes I was quite mad when I went to my local EB (I live in Henderson Neveda,(close to Las Vegas)) and I couldn't find it, or an add, and when I asked the lady behind the counter, she knocked over some useless ps1 games and made me help her pick them up, and then I thought this might help me get any insight for JA, and when I asked her when it will be out tomorrow, she didn't even dignify me with an answer...shows you how people care these days. :mad: anyways, I am going there tomorrow and if its not there, im gonna give that lady a piece of my mind :)

*dancing around and can't sleep*
 Valo
09-17-2003, 3:23 AM
i went to EB today and no luck, they didn't have it out yet. So i ended up preordering it for the 17th surprisingly. My friend works at EB and i asked if he had any in the back. Since he knows that i use to work at Best Buy he said "Yeah i have some in the back, but u know i can't put any on the floor". This is because the store can get major fines for putting games out early(but maybe EB has some contract for preorders). i believe it is $5,000 per copy! so anyway im going to be going there tomorrow morning to pick it up.

So as for the stores giving u BS, its just that they really can't put the game out. But sometimes it is the stores fault when they put out games late, the Best Buy i worked at really didnt give a crap if people wanted the game or not, it was only getting on the floor when they wanted to put it out, they didnt really make it a priority.
 KnightWhoSaysNi
09-17-2003, 5:06 AM
Lol@Darth-pnut.....Strep-throat. Sure. So convienent to get it right when the game comes out. ;) Totally kidding. Course, I might be sick tomorrow as well.

I personally haven't been this excited since I was a little kid going to Disneyland the next day.:D
 Kiroth21
09-17-2003, 10:50 AM
my eb doesnt put it on shelves till the 19th and i live in north america:mad:
Page: 1 of 1