Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Blood? (JK2)

Page: 1 of 1
 jonesdaniel
09-14-2003, 7:33 PM
Well apparently theres a way to see blood by typing a command into the console. Don't suppose anyone could tell me the command?
Thanks for all the help, again :p

- Dan
 TiBo
09-14-2003, 10:13 PM
I dont know the command, but i know that some mods have blood in them. But i just dont see why people think that more blood and guts make games better.
 chewbacca rules
09-14-2003, 10:50 PM
type

/westside for (bloods)

/eastside (for crips)

if you want to chop off heads and arms you have to type:

cg_dismember X (if I remember correct)

X = a number 1 or higher, the higher you go the more stuff gets lopped off.

as for "blood sprays" you need a patch, there are plenty of them all over the place.

Just search "Jedi Outcast blood patch" on google.
 Sam Fisher
09-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Just wanted to add, that you can have more realstic saber fights if you type:

g_saberrealsticombat X

X is for a number above 1
 Prime
09-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by chewbacca rules
type

/westside for (bloods)

/eastside (for crips)

if you want to chop off heads and arms you have to type:

cg_dismember X (if I remember correct)

X = a number 1 or higher, the higher you go the more stuff gets lopped off.

as for "blood sprays" you need a patch, there are plenty of them all over the place.

Just search "Jedi Outcast blood patch" on google. Yes. The blood stuff is a mod, not a cheat code...
 Kurgan
09-15-2003, 5:08 AM
Why do people think blood makes games better?

Well some people think it improves them, others don't. It's a personal choice.

Are R rated movies better than PG movies? Depends on whom you talk to.

I think its good because for one thing, I'm a mature gamer who can tell the difference between real life violence (which I abhor) and fantasy game violence (which is no big deal), second, I think it's good because it lets you know you made a damaging hit (as opposed to a near miss or a lag hit or something).

I also find it a bit more Star Warsy in the case of JK2. We saw blood in the Cantina in ANH, blood when Maul was cut in half in TPM, etc.

Not only that, but there was blood in the JK2 demonstration at E3, so the developers originally intended for the game to be this way (but obviously LA made them remove it, probably to keep a more family friendly image being tied to LucasFilm).

You can download blood patches here (also linked in the saber page of Outcast Strategy):

http://www.blutpatches.de/)

Saberrealisticcombat is different than dismemberment. It makes the sabers do more damage and makes the idle saber hurt you a lot more. Dismemberment is only really stable in 1.04 online.
 Kurgan
09-15-2003, 5:22 AM
I see the file link is down right now. I mirrored the file below (it's in German but you can use Altavista's babel fish to translate or just figure it out on your own. pretty self explanatory, and it has a function to turn it off if you don't like it):

http://strategy.jediknightii.net/Jk2_uncut_blood_27.zip)
 jonesdaniel
09-15-2003, 2:11 PM
Thanks very much Kurgan, your time and help is very much appreciated. I agree with you 100% about the blood thing. The main reason i wanted it was to show that i had made hits.

- Dan
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-15-2003, 2:28 PM
I use Ultimate Blood (http://www.jk3files.com/file.info?ID=3572) meself. Particularly enjoyable in conjunction with swords like the one in the Bushido Pack (http://www.jk3files.com/file.info?ID=6696) :evil1:

Edit: Here's a screenie from the website:
http://www.jk3files.com/screenshots/7/files/3572.jpg)
Although that doesn't really do it justice, it's the only one I could find online...

:p B.
 Thazac
09-15-2003, 5:06 PM
Well, some people are more twisted than others. Anyway, SW has been doing well without blood. No reason to put it in a game as default. The community "patches" will soon do it anyway :D
 Shotokan
09-16-2003, 6:43 AM
Download the "Balance of the Force" mod. If you get hit by a rocket launcher, Golan Arms FC1 Flechette Launcher, or anything that makes a big bang, you'll get blown to bits with body parts and blood flying all over the place. Seriously. The mod is fun, but that's an aspect of it that I don't care for. It can do without it. But hey, that's just me.
 Kurgan
09-16-2003, 4:54 PM
Somebody should post some screenshots to show the various effects between the mods.

The one I posted (JK2_uncut_blood_27) is fairly mild. It primarily shows a bit of a red "poof" when you get hit (essentially the same as the "dust cloud" when you get saber sliced in the unmodded game) plus a small "blood decal" or two on the floor or the wall when you get cut.

It's just enough to show hits and no more blood than you see in the movies.
 Kurgan
09-16-2003, 5:08 PM
To start off, here's a pic from that Ultimate Blood Mod you just sent (haven't even installed it yet, just got this from the zip file):
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-16-2003, 5:16 PM
LOL, cheers K, I just edited my post to show a small version of that one ;) I tried to attach the other pic from the zip file but I couldn't see an attach button, do I have to have power before I can do that sort of thing? :p

Oh, and I wasn't sure what to do with the blood patch one, the file itself is an .exe (only used to pk3's) and the instructions are in German :p I don't want to bugger up my JO install by randomly clicking on it in the wrong location ;)

Cheers anyways,
B.
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 1:57 AM
Do what I do, just make a backup copy of your exe's and dll file.

It shouldn't screw anything up (it didn't for me) and it creates it's own uninstaller too. Very easy to use actually.

I can post screenshots later when I get time.
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:17 AM
Aw, what the heck, here they are (tested in 1.04 of JK2 SP):

(the only problem is that blaster shots against droids create little blood spots as well, but otherwise its pretty danged good, and sparks are still sparks):
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:22 AM
I also combined this with enyak_mutiliate to show all the dismemberments. Notice the "redder" glows from cuts (before they were orange).
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:24 AM
More bloody shots:
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:25 AM
More...
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:26 AM
Remember, these are all with JK2_uncut_blood_27...
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:28 AM
Two more...
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 2:29 AM
The end.
 Jaden007
09-17-2003, 12:55 PM
LOl I think your right Kurgan. I like the arms and legs,in the JK games but not in SOF2 gibs,lol still play with em,:launcher:
 Tosh_UK
09-17-2003, 2:02 PM
Kurgan who do i report you to for multi posts :P ..... before you all get off your high horse i ammmmm kidding
 Kurgan
09-17-2003, 3:12 PM
If you think that's bad, you should have seen the time I (accidentally) posted the same thing sixteen (16!) times in a row.

; P

Hey, if I could post multiple attachments in the same post, I would have done so. =)
 Kurgan
09-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Still waiting for the JA blood patch.... ; )
 jonesdaniel
09-28-2003, 7:46 AM
lol, no wonder you got so many posts. Im surprised you dont post word for word.

(yeah its a joke)

Thanks for all the help you've given
 Sam Fisher
09-28-2003, 12:45 PM
I've seen better. I'll post a pic in a while.
 Sam Fisher
09-28-2003, 12:56 PM
 Crow_Nest
09-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey Kurgan, how did you get that kind of blood?

I haven't seen blood mods like that beffore
 Kurgan
10-02-2003, 1:08 PM
Ask Sam... he's the one who posted that pic above, the rest I posted are from a mod I already posted about.

The mod in question (the one I'm using) is jk2_uncut_blood_27 which is downloadable from the front page of Outcast Strategy (see my sig) in the Jedi Outcast section.
 lotr-sam0711
10-02-2003, 1:25 PM
The whole blood idea is stupid!!
 shukrallah
10-03-2003, 12:03 PM
I play games with blood, but lightsabers and guns burn! Id rather have blaster burns... like in JA
 Crow_Nest
10-04-2003, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Ask Sam... he's the one who posted that pic above, the rest I posted are from a mod I already posted about.

The mod in question (the one I'm using) is jk2_uncut_blood_27 which is downloadable from the front page of Outcast Strategy (see my sig) in the Jedi Outcast section.

Thankzz!:)
 Kurgan
10-15-2003, 3:41 AM
Still waiting on a blood mod for JA... in the meantime *bump*
; )
 laghima
10-17-2003, 5:15 AM
you can pick up a simple one with my sword models, they're posted at pcgamemods under kiriai, i'm still listing it as a beta though (ja was programed to display 3 lvls of blood depending on impact strength, but there isn't really any variation in the mod yet, and it isn't that realistic...)
 Crow_Nest
10-17-2003, 5:34 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Still waiting on a blood mod for JA... in the meantime *bump*
; )

You can still try the old blood mods for jk2. They might work for JA.:)
 MasterN64
10-17-2003, 2:27 PM
There are blood mods all over the internet. just look for the mod.

That dismemberment thing never did work for me.....
 riian_skyfire
10-25-2003, 5:00 PM
I agree with lukeskywalker1, lightsabers and blasters instantly cauterise their wounds so there is no blood.
 riian_skyfire
10-25-2003, 5:00 PM
I agree with lukeskywalker1, lightsabers and blasters instantly cauterise their wounds so there is no blood.
 Kurgan
10-26-2003, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by riian_skyfire

Did you watch ANH? Cantina scene?

Did you watch Han Solo cut open that Taun Taun in ESB?

Did you see Maul get cut in half in TPM? (what was that red mist that flew up at the exact moment he was bisected?)

'Nuff said, it's in the films (heck, even read the graphic novel versions of the Zahn trilogy).

They usually but not always cauterize the wounds... according to the films.

There are blood mods all over the internet. just look for the mod.

That dismemberment thing never did work for me.....

Yeah that bugs me, some people can never get dismemberment to work. Others can use one of the two methods I posted on the first two pages of the "Not Enough Customization..." thread and it works for them.

Anyway, I HAVE looked at the JK2 blood mods online, but none of them have worked properly. The closest any got to work in JA was the Ultimate Blood Mod, but all it did in JA was turn sparks a redder color (the rest of the game was unaffected).

I'd like to see something akin to JK2_uncut_blood27, but so far nothing...

As to the sword mods, those are cool and I like them, but if you could provide the blood part as a seperate pk3, I'd download that to use with my sabers/blasters. Would that be possible? I love swords, but I'd like to see blood in MP with sabers...
Page: 1 of 1