Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starting saber stance change.

Page: 1 of 1
 Sam
09-03-2003, 1:29 PM
If you look at the official site the starting saber stances for the different species have all been changed to medium instead of differing between species.

weird......
 Prime
09-03-2003, 2:01 PM
That is wierd. It must have been a mistake in the first place, since the game hsa already gone gold.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-03-2003, 3:48 PM
But if it's a mistake and they ALL start with the same saber style, why would they keep it anywho? Oh well, we'll see when we'll get the game ne?
 BigMexican
09-03-2003, 4:27 PM
it'd be good if you could choose your starting stance, allowing you to get the stance you wanted (something you would have been able to do anyway, by picking the appropriate race), as well as play the race you wanted. oh well, medium isn't that bad i guess ...
 yolkboy
09-03-2003, 4:32 PM
darn, sam beat me to the post :D I just noticed that today as well. I think it is unlikely that we would be able to choose our first saber stance in the begining. We are going to be able to choose the others in some point in the game. It probably depends which one you choose first. But if you can choose your first stance, I wouldn't mind :)
 Master William
09-03-2003, 4:39 PM
Too bad, I mean, not everyone wants to start with the medium stance. I would prefer the blue/quick stance to begin with, but oh well.
 BawBag™
09-03-2003, 4:42 PM
I think that sucks. A lot.
Although an effective stance in it's own right, medium was what you played through most of Outcast. It would've been good for a little diversity, either with stances allocated to a specific race or being able to choose your preffered starting stance.
Meh, seen as you can already choose race, saber and saber colour that's plenty of choosing before you begin the game. :D
 Kurgan
09-04-2003, 2:27 AM
Must have been a last minute change.
 HaruGlory89
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
But in the lightsaber creation movie, an option in the pic lets you choose your stance?:confused: Anyway, medium is nice, but I love the light stance most.
 Sam
09-04-2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by HaruGlory89
But in the lightsaber creation movie, an option in the pic lets you choose your stance?:confused: Anyway, medium is nice, but I love the light stance most.

Did you even read the thread?
 HaruGlory89
09-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Did you even read the thread?

Yes I did. I jst found it funny, maybe you can only do that in between levels, where you're awarded a new stance.

And as I said, medium is a good starting stance.
 StormHammer
09-05-2003, 10:03 AM
If it was changed, they must have had a good reason to do so. It seems obvious that different stances were planned (and were perhaps even included in the game up to a point), but perhaps there were balancing issues for the early levels. If would be interesting if you could enable a cheat to get the other stances from the start, just to see if there were any really glaring issues using them. If not...it doesn't make much sense to remove that feature, unless they felt it would put some people off playing other races because they didn't have the right 'stance'. But as I said in the other thread where this issue was discussed, they could simply have allowed you to pick your stance from the outset.

There is another possibility - perhaps you can choose, but they simply decided to show medium for all races/genders on the web site (rather than all three, or none at all). :)

We'll just have to wait and see. ;)
Page: 1 of 1