Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Trooper Phase I downloadable...

Page: 1 of 1
 Neverhoodian
09-03-2003, 3:09 AM
I happened to stumble across a new model for JO. It's the Dark Trooper Phase I. The author of the readme says he made it for the Dark Forces mod. Just wanted to know if it truly is the creation of one of the mod's members. It's cool, very meanacing in appearance. I like it!

You can find it at www.lucasfiles.com) (I know, the site doesn't have much, but it's where I found it!)
 HapSlash
09-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Yes, that's the first version of the Phase 1 Darktrooper that Corto made for the mod.

Last I heard he was working on an updated version,...
 CortoCG
09-03-2003, 1:04 PM
Almost bullseye Hap. That's the final version of the mesh of the dark trooper phase 1, though is poorly skinned (i'm a lazzy ass skinner).

A gentle soul is working on a new skin, that looks waaayyyy more menacing and professional than my cheap initial skin. I think you all know him, he is StormHammer. I hope he doesn't get bored too soon of it, for he is a great artist.

As soon as this new skin is done I'll start posting once again on the public forums about my work (although I've been asked to avoid unwrapping too much about the next dark trooper phases).

I spent most of my past time working on a way to add new animations to the current .gla files. And guess what, the secret is cracked. If you're interested check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107116)
 StormHammer
09-03-2003, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by CortoCG
Almost bullseye Hap. That's the final version of the mesh of the dark trooper phase 1, though is poorly skinned (i'm a lazzy ass skinner).

A gentle soul is working on a new skin, that looks waaayyyy more menacing and professional than my cheap initial skin. I think you all know him, he is StormHammer. I hope he doesn't get bored too soon of it, for he is a great artist.

As soon as this new skin is done I'll start posting once again on the public forums about my work (although I've been asked to avoid unwrapping too much about the next dark trooper phases).

Don't worry, I'm not bored with it at all. I'm just glad that I can finally contribute something to this kickass Mod...you know I've been rooting for you guys a long time now.

Thanks again for having faith in my artistic ability. ;) I'll be working on part of the skin most evenings (for a couple of hours) until it's finished. ;)

If you have anything else you want to throw in my direction after that, feel free to do so. :)
 CortoCG
09-03-2003, 9:12 PM
Iґm looking forward to work on more projects with you Storm. But for now I donґt wanna overhwelm you with lotґs of stuff... I donґt have any, LOL. Just tell when I can find you connected so we can talk about the skin and other sutff.
Page: 1 of 1