Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wheres the red gone??

Page: 1 of 1
 jadenkorr
08-31-2003, 8:43 PM
I cant belive it:mad: ! Wheres the red gone! i wanted 2 turn 2 the dark side so i was hopin 2 hav a red saber but u cant get 1. i hope that when u chose wot side of the force 2 go 2 that ur saber turns red cause if not WHERES THE MODS PLZ
 Pedro The Hutt
08-31-2003, 8:52 PM
Calm down >.> If you've watched the trailers you should have noticed that there were player characters with red sabers. They'll probably become available when you edge closer to the dark side.
 TiBo
08-31-2003, 8:58 PM
Yah, since you do start out as a jedi, and jedis just dont use red sabers im afraid.
 Tinny
08-31-2003, 9:05 PM
just uh, go to the dark side, use cheats to get red saber if none is available
 Anakin1607
08-31-2003, 9:57 PM
Red means you're EVIL!

It's the unspoken rule of SW.
 Neverhoodian
08-31-2003, 11:05 PM
I read a preview once that explained the saber colors:

When you start out, red isn't an available color, since red=evil in the Star Wars universe.
However, there's a certain mission where your lightsaber is destroyed (I think) and you're given the choice of a red saber if you're edging towards the Dark side.
 JDKnite188
08-31-2003, 11:57 PM
Do you have the Warez version, jadenkorr?
 Kurgan
09-01-2003, 12:33 AM
JDKnite188, why do you think he has the warez version?

If you look at the official site you will see that the red saber is not offered in Single Player. We already know this.

Don't believe me? Look at the "customization" and the saber part. No red saber there.

As to Neverhoodian's comments, I think he's speculating, since we've heard no official word about that.
 Obi-Wan X
09-01-2003, 2:24 AM
Didn't Adi Galia (sp?) have a reddish blade? Ah well.

It's no big deal, you want to become evil, then sure! Lets just ease into the dark side and grab the red later.
 Kurgan
09-01-2003, 3:28 AM
You're thinking of Jedi Power Battles (and possibly some figures released around the same time). In that:

Mace Windu had a blue saber
Adi Gallia had red
Plo Koon had gold
Ki Adi Mundi had purple

But of course, now all of the above have either blue or green, except Mace, who has purple (see AOTC DVD).

We've just been speculating that the red blade MIGHT become available if you go to the Dark Side. This has NOT been confirmed.

The early shots showing players with red sabers could simply be somebody using cheats (sabercolor red), or might be before they decided to remove the red blade.
 BigMexican
09-01-2003, 6:24 AM
just sabercolor red it, i went through JO with a red saber cause i hated the blue one.
 Jedi Elite2003
09-01-2003, 6:33 AM
At the beginning you cant choose a red but later when you going bad you'lle be offert to choose a red light saber. so dont worry
 Crow_Nest
09-01-2003, 7:50 AM
Relax jadenkorr, i'm sure there will be a cheat to get the red saber.;)
 Kurgan
09-01-2003, 11:33 AM
At the beginning you cant choose a red but later when you going bad you'lle be offert to choose a red light saber. so dont worry

That's still speculation. It hasn't been confirmed by official sources.

Just letting you know...
 snowman21
09-01-2003, 11:59 PM
well, at least this time around you can pick your saber color without cheating.
 deca.01
09-02-2003, 3:45 AM
devmapall
saber 1 red
 Redwing
09-02-2003, 4:19 AM
Well, since in the lovely JK tradition you can turn to the dark side, I think it's a safe bet you'll be able to snag a red saber or two. ;)
 wassup
09-02-2003, 4:45 AM
Hey JO didnt let you use a red saber in SP, heck, it didnt let you use any color except blue! :p (I'm talking about default settings meaning no cheats)

btw jadenkorr try to improve your grammer/spelling in your posts, I could hardly understand what you said.
 Andy867
09-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Well who cares if its cheating if all its doing is changing a friggin saber color. I think Raven should have incorporated Tchoucky's RGB Saber mod into JA since this game is all about nothing but customization and what not... what if no one likes the colors given?

I'd say go with this

http://www.jediknightii.net/_kurgan/pictures/red_saber.jpg)
 Prime
09-13-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by BigMexican
just sabercolor red it, i went through JO with a red saber cause i hated the blue one. Booooo!! :D
 shukrallah
09-13-2003, 1:43 AM
just use the saber 1 cheat :) i think its the cultist's saber
 Tarus
09-13-2003, 1:54 AM
Case it hasn't been said... red will probably become avaliable later in the game. YOu may be a dark jedi but you won't start with red (my guess, i have no data to base it on but the demo)
 cYbErDuD
09-13-2003, 5:39 AM
Yep, its official, The red saber color will be Chosable(sp?) when you get the chance to trade in your single saber for dual sabers or a lightstaff

And no I don't own a illegal copy of the game, I just read the third designer diary and theres a picture of Jaden Korr with a Red lightstaff

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/xbox/jediacadamy/0912/jedi_screen002.jpg)
 Crow_Nest
09-13-2003, 6:05 AM
Hey i just discovered a cheat, type "saber staff s" in console to get red duel sabers.:cool:
 Kurgan
09-13-2003, 11:13 AM
You guys really really want to know?

In the console theres a cvar listed as darksidesabercolor or something like that.. I think it's safe to say that this is most likely red. Happy now?

Don't believe me... just type in cvarlist or cmdlist and use PageUp/PageDown to scroll until you see it.

So anyway, you want Red to appear in the saber select screen?

Type this in the console when you're at the character creation section:

Sabercolor red red

(I think that's correct)

Now the blades shown should be red. If they change to another color as you're making your choices, type it in again until they are red.

There, you're set!
 The Cheat
09-13-2003, 2:09 PM
there will probably be the option to get the red saber later in the game, and you will probably also be able to just enter a command into the console to change it
 Kurgan
09-13-2003, 4:18 PM
Probably. ; )

I take back what I said earlier. The way to get the red saber to appear in the character select screen only works for the first blade (and the instant you choose another color, you can't choose red again). You have to have entered the sabercolor 1 red command earlier (in a previous game you loaded for example). Then quit to the main menu and start a new game. The red blade will be selected. But the game WON'T ACCEPT CHEATS FROM THE CONSOLE while it is in the character select screen.

However, it may be possible to do the following in your game:

(enter these in the console while you're playing)
saber single single
sabercolor 1 red
sabercolor 2 red
saber "dual_1"
sabercolor 1 red red

Then save your game, and exit to the main menu, THEN start a new game and choose your character, but don't change saber colors, both blades SHOULD be red (in theory).

Now you won't feel like you're cheating.. as much. ; )

Update: Confirmed, it works! Both sabers will be red in the character select screen for all saber types with the above method!
 Crow_Nest
09-13-2003, 4:22 PM
I'll go try it out.:)
 Kurgan
09-13-2003, 4:42 PM
Here are the pics to show it works....

(Dual Sabers)
 Kurgan
09-13-2003, 4:43 PM
(Saberstaff)

Update: Forgive the typos in the method description.. it should be accurate NOW. ; )
 piopio
09-13-2003, 6:36 PM
Beta info deleted. You do understand that the beta is incomplete and not the same as the final release right?

Btw, you are banned for breaking our rules.
 antpocas
09-13-2003, 8:47 PM
I'd say something about this, but then I'd get bananas :(
 Kiroth21
09-14-2003, 8:50 AM
owell we'll figure out if we get to have red later in the game or not, and all our other questions in a week:D (hopefully some terrorist group wont destroy the shipping service)
 Crow_Nest
09-14-2003, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
(Saberstaff)

Update: Forgive the typos in the method description.. it should be accurate NOW. ; )

COOL! I always wanted a red saberstaff.:cool: :cool: :cool:
 mtropolis
09-14-2003, 5:26 PM
[Andy867's Note: Talk of the warez version is strictly forbidden on these Forums. Consider yourself BANNED]
 King Jezuz Pie
09-14-2003, 5:40 PM
What is the point in choosing the red blade later in the game? Why not from the beginning?
Only using the red blade right before the end wouldn't be much fun either... :(

I guess I'll stick with the sabercolor cheat...
 Crow_Nest
09-15-2003, 7:19 AM
Looks like more and more people are getting banned!
 Pedro The Hutt
09-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie
What is the point in choosing the red blade later in the game? Why not from the beginning?
Only using the red blade right before the end wouldn't be much fun either... :(

I guess I'll stick with the sabercolor cheat...

Personally I think that you'll be more likely to get the red color around the same time that the double bladed saber and twin sabers become available to your character. With the possible prerequisite of having a tendency to use the dark side powers.
Page: 1 of 1