Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Boba Fett!!!!! Where?! (Most Likely some Spoilers Ahead...)

Page: 1 of 1
 BobaFett123456
08-22-2003, 2:45 AM
:fett: Okay somewhere I heard theres going to be a guest apearence of Boba Fett.(Incase you haven't knoticed I'm a boba fett fanatic. I have all the books,magazines,toys,mods,background
and an entire note book of picture I have drawn of him since I was six!) Well all I got to know is;
1. Is he a bad guy do have to try to kill him.:( :mad:
or, is he an npc, or sidekick:) :) :) !!!
2.Can your character look like he wearing Mondalorian Armor!!!
and that's all. Fell free to give me an answer!!
:fett:
Oh by the way this is my first time posting on this forum!!!
 Gabrobot
08-22-2003, 2:54 AM
He's probably an enemy in single-player, but you can play as him in multi-player.
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 3:33 AM
Even though technically he's "still alive" in the EU.... that would be interesting to have you kick his butt again..... but I think its likely that what we're seeing is "Siege" mode in fact, where we know that classes and Jetpacks are part of it, and it's just the Mandalorian skin we know and love.
 BobaFett123456
08-22-2003, 3:53 AM
Thanks peaple!!!!
 The Cheat
08-22-2003, 4:06 AM
yeah i was wondering how they would fit him into the SP because they would have to explain how he was saved from the sarlaac pit and not really killed but that would probably take to long so yeah it is probably just the seige mode

but it kind of makes me sad because mars and psykosith are making that awesome boba and mandalorian pack for jedi outcast which will also work in jedi academy but i think theirs will be better then the one LEC gives us
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 4:25 AM
Then again, I could be wrong.

I assumed it was MP at first, because of Raven's cop-out statement from Jedi Outcast "You can't play as Boba Fett, he's dead!" If they go by the "official EU" then Fett is alive. Even though you "killed him once" in Dark Forces, they can bring him back as much as they want. I just hope they don't make him a "good guy" or something equally goofy.

I was talking with Stormy about this. Is that shot of him in the video a cutscene? If it is, then he must be in the SP game after all...

We shall see...
 StormHammer
08-22-2003, 4:28 AM
Well, I have to disagree, having watched the recent footage more closely. You can clearly see throughout the second trailer where it changes from cut scenes to the SP game, and to the MP game - the HUDs change.

When you (very briefly) see Boba Fett, it is during a cut scene - and therefore I believe he will appear in SP. I can't see why they would have a cut scene on Boba Fett for MP...and no other characters.

Here's a capture from the video...sorry about the quality...

http://www.robertbowen.co.uk/BobaFett.jpg)

Make up your own minds...but I'm pretty much convinced that's from SP...
 Gabrobot
08-22-2003, 4:33 AM
Well, actually it could be possible for him to be on your side since he's a bounty hunter, he'll fight for anyone as long as the price is right. I remember reading a book several years ago, where the main characters thought they were dead when Boba Fett showed up (they were already having a tough time with whoever it was they were fighting), but it turned out someone had hired him to get them out of whereever it was that they were.
 Anakin1607
08-22-2003, 4:38 AM
The "official" answer is that Boba wasn't killed by Kyle in Dark Forces, only knocked out. In fact, that was one of the few assassination missions that Fett botched.
 Neverhoodian
08-22-2003, 4:40 AM
To clear up confusion for gamers who haven't read EU sources, they could have Boba just say what he said in a comic book I looked over in Barnes and Noble once. (think it was Dark Empire???) Boba arrives on Nar Shadda to catch Han Solo. Leia says something like "Boba Fett! But you're dead!" Fett simply replies, "The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible..."
 Emon
08-22-2003, 5:37 AM
Since it's the EU, Boba Fett is still alive.
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Heh, this whole thread pretty much spoiled it from the start (note the title). But since it's on the official site now, it's no big deal.

I agree Stormy, you got me on this one, I watched it again and it is DEFINATELY a cutscene (it would have been the height of fanboy nonsense to have a cutscene everytime Boba Fett spawned into a Multiplayer game, hehe). I was wrong, you got me!

Hopefully this time the #$(*# will stay dead. ; )

(Sorry Fett fans!)
 txa1265
08-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Heh, this whole thread pretty much spoiled it from the start (note the title). But since it's on the official site now, it's no big deal.

I agree Stormy, you got me on this one, I watched it again and it is DEFINATELY a cutscene (it would have been the height of fanboy nonsense to have a cutscene everytime Boba Fett spawned into a Multiplayer game, hehe). I was wrong, you got me!

Hopefully this time the #$(*# will stay dead. ; )

(Sorry Fett fans!) I agree ... there is so much stuff on the official site it is hard to call much of anything a spoiler anymore ... :eek:

Anyway, if he is an enemy (as I assume he will be) I don't think we get to kill him - he'll probably just take a beating then escape ...

Mike
 defalc
08-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Fett probably won't be much of a danger. If he gets taken out by a blind guy with a stick, I'm sure trained Jedi can handle him. :p

A bit off topic, but I don't suppose they'll stick in some of the old maps from JO? Like Bespin Streets FFA? It's a classic! :)
 StormHammer
08-22-2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by defalc
Fett probably won't be much of a danger. If he gets taken out by a blind guy with a stick, I'm sure trained Jedi can handle him. :p

A bit off topic, but I don't suppose they'll stick in some of the old maps from JO? Like Bespin Streets FFA? It's a classic! :)

Why should they include JO's maps in JA, when we already know JO's maps will work in JA without much tweaking (if at all)?

It might actually be nice to see some maps based on the movie locations where Fett appeared, though...
 BobaFett123456
08-22-2003, 9:30 PM
Thanks!!! You peaple shure are good at anwsering questions!!!:fett:
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Fett probably won't be much of a danger. If he gets taken out by a blind guy with a stick, I'm sure trained Jedi can handle him.

I was thinking about that scene the other day, and I kind of wondered if it wasn't just dumb luck (Han is one lucky SOB, you gotta admit), but maybe Luke was "controlling" Han's aim with the force?

After all, Luke was "tied up" at the time, and Fett was drawing a bead on him with his wrist blaster.

Still, the events of AOTC lend more credibility to Fett's actions in the battle over Carkoon. He just hates Jedi, and now that he's seen one again for the first time in years, he's "gotta take him out." Not to mention an egomaniac like him probably couldn't help wanting to take on the one man who's been single handedly pwn1ng all of Jabba's guys!

That reminds me, the battle over Carkoon could make a potentially very cool Siege map.
 Reclaimer
08-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Good map it can be,make come true you must.

:yodaball:
 Muldoonlives15
08-25-2003, 1:32 AM
Fett will probably appear when you are with Luke. Fett will appear, and Luke will say "But you're dead!" and Fett will make a smart ass remark, and you will do battle.
 Dr_night
08-25-2003, 2:24 AM
can someone tell me how you do that thing on the spoilers?
 Jed
08-25-2003, 3:06 AM
Originally posted by Dr_night
can someone tell me how you do that thing on the spoilers?

Since it'll be helpful to answer you if you want to post in this forum, here ya go.

Type the following without spaces around what you want spoilered: [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ]

So it'd be like this
 GonkH8er
08-25-2003, 7:23 AM
If you'd rather not know where he is in the game, don't read this spoiler. I got this as part of a response to a few questions I sent off.

Boba Fett is probably in one of the later training missions. You are probably sent by Luke on a mission to destroy some weapons caches, and you probably run into Fett. He'll probably tell you it isnt any of your business and to leave. He's probably got his flamethrower, pistols, jetpack, disruptor, the works. Once you blow up the caches and defeat him, he'll probably fly off.
 Kurgan
08-25-2003, 8:39 AM
Hmm...

That sounds like what would probably happen in Shadows of the Empire, although I haven't played that game enough to know really. It sounds like it would probably be cool... probably.
 defalc
08-25-2003, 10:54 AM
That sounds cool. I'll probably love that part. ;)
 HaruGlory89
08-25-2003, 11:57 AM
That's really cool. I love Fett and his mandalorian armor, though I thought Jango's was cooler.

I hope I can fight him and beat up his a$$.
 BobaFett123456
08-27-2003, 11:23 PM
:fett: Personally, I'd just fight him untill he's on the ground. Take all his stuff, and force him to tell me all his secrets;) :fett:
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Anakin1607
The "official" answer is that Boba wasn't killed by Kyle in Dark Forces, only knocked out. In fact, that was one of the few assassination missions that Fett botched. I did that level again today (Mission XI: The Imperial Mask, on Coruscant, in case you were wondering). He came at me, gave and took a few hits, then his AI got him stuck in a place he didn't want to come out from inside the building ... I tried to free him with a few shots, but ended up wasting him with 2nd fire from the DT weapon ...

I didn't drop down to check ... but he looked pretty dead to me ;)

Can't wait.

Mike
 Dr_night
08-28-2003, 5:15 AM
EDIT sorry didn't see you say it was in dark forces
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by Dr_night
EDIT sorry didn't see you say it was in dark forces ... sorry that I wasn't specific in saying 'that Dark Forces level' ... I can only imagine what your initial post said :eek: especially given the amount of stuff I said about the level and what happened and so on ... if that had been JA ...

Sorry !

Mike
 Darth Rythe
08-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Well, I have to disagree, having watched the recent footage more closely. You can clearly see throughout the second trailer where it changes from cut scenes to the SP game, and to the MP game - the HUDs change.

When you (very briefly) see Boba Fett, it is during a cut scene - and therefore I believe he will appear in SP. I can't see why they would have a cut scene on Boba Fett for MP...and no other characters.

Here's a capture from the video...sorry about the quality...

http://www.robertbowen.co.uk/BobaFett.jpg)

Make up your own minds...but I'm pretty much convinced that's from SP...

Where did you get the movie from?
 Kurgan
08-28-2003, 11:44 AM
It's the official "Trailer 2" posted on LA's JA site, and also Gamespot.
 Darth Rythe
08-28-2003, 11:47 AM
Cool thanks.
 StormHammer
08-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by HaruGlory89
I hope I can fight him and beat up his a$$.

Well, I think that's pretty much a given...no point in having him in there if you can't 'play' with him. ;)

Going back to the video footage (brief and grainy as it is), I like the motion and effects they've used while he's flying. I'm wondering if they've given him the same kind of moves and maneouverability as Jango in AOTC. I always remember that bit where Jango clings onto the pillar and fires his rocket at Obi-Wan - and it would be cool to see Boba do something similar. :)

I hope that any showdown with Fett extends across a wide area - I'd hate to be locked in yet another small chamber with health and ammo packs... I'm thinking something on the scale of the duel with Maw in JK...that was one of my favourite duel levels. :)
 taekwondo joe
08-28-2003, 3:53 PM
well it does not matter if its small or huge, just on the speeder bike level, said to be the hugest of em all, get off your speeder and spawn him, bam! you got him in a huge enviroment! thats what i am gonna do with a rancore, the level were you free the prisoners, its very crapmed, so i will fight him there, and wait till i get to a big outdoor level,and spawn him again, for a even better fight
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Well, I think that's pretty much a given...no point in having him in there if you can't 'play' with him. ;)

Going back to the video footage (brief and grainy as it is), I like the motion and effects they've used while he's flying. I'm wondering if they've given him the same kind of moves and maneouverability as Jango in AOTC. I always remember that bit where Jango clings onto the pillar and fires his rocket at Obi-Wan - and it would be cool to see Boba do something similar. :)

I hope that any showdown with Fett extends across a wide area - I'd hate to be locked in yet another small chamber with health and ammo packs... I'm thinking something on the scale of the duel with Maw in JK...that was one of my favourite duel levels. :)

I agree ... there's something about the environment of an epic battle ... I liked the one with Galak because he could take down the walkways and didn't have any 'blind' areas ... you had to think and act ... but Boba in Dark Forces ... that was fun in that you fought him, but not a great area for fighting.

Mike
 deca.01
08-29-2003, 9:04 AM
Trust me on this one..
the battle with boba fett will be very annoying and on a nice map.
: )
 boinga1
08-29-2003, 12:03 PM
No WAREZ, please! /\
 txa1265
08-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
No WAREZ, please! /\ Oh god ... I just HAD to see it, didn't I ... this is why I keep thinking about ditching out of here for a while ...

All of these warez people who don't THINK before they just dump spoilers on our laps ... so annoying ...

At least I EXPECT the posts in the first couple of weeks with spoilers in the title (like when JKII came out) ... the warez stuff I could do without ...

Mike
 ExcelsioN
08-29-2003, 3:13 PM
I'm hoping that boba has some kind of "unique weapon" that you get to use when you beat him.

Also, they could make fighting boba like fighting tavion in JO. (Big area, end of level boss).

(This is my first post on these forums)
 Kurgan
08-29-2003, 3:37 PM
Hopefully there will be a nice long cutscene of you cutting of Fett's head, after you beat him to his knees in a bloody battle (just like Mace did to Jango his dad).

Finally, you carry his head back to the Yavin Temple, where the Jedi Knights proceed to play a rousing game of soccer (that's football for you non-Americans) with it.

Leading to the very popular mod "Fett's Head-Ball"...
 txa1265
08-29-2003, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by Excelsion
I'm hoping that boba has some kind of "unique weapon" that you get to use when you beat him.

Also, they could make fighting boba like fighting tavion in JO. (Big area, end of level boss).

(This is my first post on these forums) Welcome! There are a lot of cool people here (and some knowledgeable games to boot), enjoy.

I think that they will make him a 'featured' enemy - i.e. and end level 'boss'. I'm intrigued to see how it plays out ...

Mike
 ExcelsioN
08-31-2003, 7:39 AM
Thanks, txa1265. I would also like to mention that I have the PC Zone mag which is in discussion elsewhere on these forums. The review has a screen which:

has Boba standing next to an X-Wing on what appears to be a planet that looks rather like coruscant (did I spell it right?)

[Edit - Stormy - deleted the spaces for your spoiler tags. Just 'edit' your post yourself to view the changes, so you know it the next time. Simple. ;) ]
 ExcelsioN
08-31-2003, 7:39 AM
damn spoiler didnt work. Sorry.
 txa1265
08-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Excelsion
damn spoiler didnt work. Sorry. Edit the post and get rid of the spaces.

Mike
 StormHammer
08-31-2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Finally, you carry his head back to the Yavin Temple, where the Jedi Knights proceed to play a rousing game of soccer (that's football for you non-Americans) with it.

Leading to the very popular mod "Fett's Head-Ball"...

ROFL. :haha: Kurgan, you just crack me up. :p

That would be a great mod. :D
 PhantomHelix
09-01-2003, 8:58 PM
I have a question: what is WAREZ? I keep on hearing about it on LF, but no one tells me what it is.

thanks!
 txa1265
09-02-2003, 1:18 AM
Originally posted by PhantomHelix
I have a question: what is WAREZ? I keep on hearing about it on LF, but no one tells me what it is.

thanks! Regrettably I can't give you the entire derivation of the word 'warez', having stayed away from the hacker BBS's back in the 80's ...

But basically warez refers to cracked or otherwise 'runnable-ized' versions of programs. The originals have been copied from whatever original media, and the executable has been altered in some way or ways to run without needing the original media, or a serial number or key or any other proof of ownership. This version is then distributed to others who are able to gain full use of a fully featured program without paying for it.

Mike
 flabajaba2213
09-02-2003, 2:33 AM
In other words, they are doing something ILLEGAL!! When I mean illegal, I mean that it is against the EULA, which makes it illegal, I guess. Ok, that could have gone better...

"open mouth, insert foot....."

later
 shukrallah
09-16-2003, 1:23 AM
sorry to bring this thread back up, but: **SPOILER**

Im surprised you havnt noticed, but the demo has the NPC files for every player in JA. If you dont make mods, maps, skins, or models (i do, so i know about this stuff) multiplayer doesnt have NPCs, it has BOTs. Theres a big difference in AI. Just looking at his .NPC file in the demo assets0.pk3 file, he looks to be an excellant opponent, he even has one "force power" kinda sort of, the power is levitation (for the jetpack?) 400 health, 4 weapons, melee :D disruptor rifle, rocket launcher, and a blaster :D Id post the file, but i think thats illegal, im not sure. Anyways, you can see every NPC from JKII, and JA, including the ships, people ive never heard of, taun tauns, the rancors, and everything! Check it out

Ill be posting a rancor spoiler soon too :D
Page: 1 of 1