Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star wars kid in jk3???

Page: 1 of 1
 anonymous4
08-16-2003, 8:36 AM
is this confirmed? or just a made up rumor? in case u dont know who the SWK is, its the boy that was caught on tape with a broomstick waving it around like a jedi. will he have a cameo in jk3?
 topshot
08-16-2003, 9:33 AM
Um, no. Just a rumor.
 Sam
08-16-2003, 10:16 AM
NO..........just NO
 Side
08-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Well,want it or not,SOMEONE will eventualy make a swk skin for JA...if the game doesnt fail like jk2
 Luc Solar
08-16-2003, 12:18 PM
That kid is scary in so many ways... like teh total ph34rdome!
 JDKnite188
08-16-2003, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by $am
NO..........just NO

Yeah, no way in #3LL will swk be in JK3. Sure, someone can skin him as a mod if they want.

Wouldn't it be pretty lame if he was the final boss in JK3? ph33r!
 Mex
08-16-2003, 2:02 PM
Just leave the poor kid alone guys. He already quit school because of this crap so I dealt he will do it again.
 ImmolatedYoda
08-16-2003, 5:05 PM
to correct the original poster, it was a golf ball retriever, not "broomstick". and i remember seeing someone joke about the SW Kid being a model in the game but you were foolish to think that he would be.
 FK | unnamed
08-16-2003, 11:29 PM
It *is confirmed as an "easter egg".

They said he's in the jedi academy/temple thing as a bonus if you can find him.

remember that rabbit guy (sam/max?) from jk1?

same deal.
 ImmolatedYoda
08-17-2003, 12:12 AM
rofl unnamed, youre serious? if you are, then post a link or something to where you learned that...if its true, thats hilarious. however, it surprises me that a company like Lucasarts/Raven would put something contested like that (and also not part of their licensed material) in a game. oh well.
 FK | unnamed
08-17-2003, 6:21 AM
;)
 Emon
08-17-2003, 6:36 AM
Well considering that the first person to add saber effects to the video was a guy at Raven, I would not be suprised if he was in as an egg. But I doubt it, because of legal issues.
 power_ed
08-17-2003, 6:58 AM
well.. i i was SW kid, i'd be happy to be an easter egg in a raven game:D
 Emon
08-17-2003, 7:05 AM
He wouldn't. He finished high school in a psychiatric ward because of that video.
 power_ed
08-17-2003, 7:22 AM
i've never really heard that story.. so he made that video for himself.. then someone got a hold of it an publiced it on the web?
 Emon
08-17-2003, 7:40 AM
Yes, his "friends" literally stole it from the school, broke in and everything.
 power_ed
08-17-2003, 7:46 AM
dang..

so who made all the FX's?

the clone video, the matrix and so on?
 Mex
08-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by power_ed
dang..

so who made all the FX's?

the clone video, the matrix and so on?

Random people around the web who downloaded the video of him doing it.
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-17-2003, 12:51 PM
there is no star wars kid in jedi academy.
 Obi-Wan X
08-17-2003, 1:53 PM
As long as the kid isn't being paid I have no problem with it :).
 power_ed
08-17-2003, 6:44 PM
The Kid™

lol
 Pedro The Hutt
08-17-2003, 10:40 PM
I never got why everyone's laughing at him, I'm sure that ALL of us have grabbed a stick or whatever and waved it about like a lightsaber at one point in our life. So what's there to laugh at?
Anyway Emon, is there anywhere where one can find the entire story on the poor guy?
 boinga1
08-17-2003, 11:00 PM
Recommend you try www.theforce.net). That'd be your best shot.

And I say, let's all leave the kid alone. I can't believe that's thr only image of anyone waving a stick around (don't start thinking sick thoughts here) on the internet.
 Pedro The Hutt
08-18-2003, 12:05 AM
True, I've seen people on SW Fanfilms, on theforce.net wave their sabers about in rather clumsy ways as well.
 disposition
08-20-2003, 9:38 AM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
I never got why everyone's laughing at him, I'm sure that ALL of us have grabbed a stick or whatever and waved it about like a lightsaber at one point in our life. So what's there to laugh at?
Anyway Emon, is there anywhere where one can find the entire story on the poor guy?

Because if we caught ourselves doing that, we would be laughing, too.
 Kurgan
08-20-2003, 9:45 AM
Try www.jedimaster.com).

What really did it was when somebody from Raven software (?!) added the lightsaber visual effects and sent it off.. ; )
 Sordids
08-21-2003, 10:53 PM
The SW kid doesnt have it too bad. Have you heard about the guy that got taped while "playing with something of his" (for lack of a better word that could get me banned). It happened a few years ago. The images got on to adult sites. I used worked with him at Office Max. He didnt even know about it at the time. I wonder what he thought when co-workers were making odd hand gestures and saying stuff like "We have a celebrity in the house".

Customers would come in with pron star shirts on. They would walk by him and say "I need to go home and play with something of mine". Even hollywood jumped on the bashing bandwagon. Most recently in Italian Job. If you watch the movie you'll spot it right away. I think he's a bit too embarrased to sue.
 Andy867
08-23-2003, 8:38 AM
The SWK was actually a story in my local paper today.. Was kind of weird since I had just learned exactly the whole story behind who the Star Wars Kid was yesterday.

Orignally posted by the Associated Press

Star Wars Kid: An Internet star is born.
AP
It was a moment of unadulterated goofiness, the kind of thing anyone might do with no one watching: A teen from Quebec videotaped himself as he pretended to wield a light saber "Star Wars" style.
But that private moment went public, very public, when classmates at his high school found the tape in a cabinet and uploaded it onto an Internet file-sharing site this past spring.
Now Ghyslain Raza is known far and wide as the "Star Wars Kid," with a fan base that only seems to be growing - even though he doesn't want the attention.
The video shows the slightly portly teen awkwardly twirling a golf ball retriever like "Star Wars" bad buy Darth Maul, and has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times. Websites have been dedicated to the youth. Supporters have raised money for him. And several techies have created their own "clone" versions of the video, adding sound and visual effect(including supposedly someone at Raven) or placing his image in any number of backdrops - from "The Hulk" to "The Matrix."
Many teens who post their images on the Web would probably be thrilled to get this kind of attention. But Ghyslain, who made the video while doing a school project when he was 15, has said he didn't intend for it to be seen by his classmates, let alone people across the world.
"I want my life back," he said in an email interview with the National post newspaper, a Canadian daily.
Claiming that their son has been humiliated, his parents are suing the parents of the teens who put the video on the Web.
Some say that case may become a step toward setting privacy standards on the Internet.

Fascinating story... In other news, idiotic electrical engineers installing new lightposts in a mall parking lot cut wire, causing a surge of electricity to backfire at the 7,200 watt Transformer, causing it to explode and blow a 30'Hx50W' hole in the side of the JcPenny's department store.

Hello people, you are supposed to block off electricity when installing new wires to AVOID that kind of incident. Luckily it was early morning on Thursday and no one was injured.

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/L_IMAGE.f6fae7d570.93.88.fa.80.2ac2ce40.jpg)
 Keiko_Tsumi
09-20-2003, 6:06 PM
Well the guy that's in the last level of the 2nd set of missions, kinnda looks like him, his model would be a great starter for making a starwarskid model :P
And yes it is really sad that it got on the internet but wy would you make a video about it i mean waving around something is one thing but recording yourself while doing it thats just dumb.
 Star Wars Kid
09-20-2003, 6:27 PM
if someone does skin him ,rax_joris would be perfict as swk
 •-BLaCKouT-•
09-20-2003, 6:36 PM
LOL :rofl:
I wouldn't dare play with a SW Kid skin, I get my a$$ kicked enough as it is :p

B.
 lankyframe
09-20-2003, 11:40 PM
i watched the original it was so F'ing funny to see a overweight guy prading around like darthmaul on CRACK i swear it was to funny here is the link to the original

http://www.cinecon.com/starwarskid/starwarskid.wmv)
 Keiko_Tsumi
09-21-2003, 6:05 PM
The part were he slips over his coat is hillarious. Has anyone seen the daffy duck version that is so funny it just seems to work with the movie like it was made for the dafy duck cartoons.
Page: 1 of 1