Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Species Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 The Cheat
08-15-2003, 4:09 PM
i was wondering if anybody knows if it would be possible to create a mod that adds more species to choose from in single player. i have thought about it and i have decided that it would probably be possible, they would just have to set it up so that you are able to change things about the model.

for example, mars is making a new clone/mandalorian pack, i think it would be cool to have mandalorian as a new species (im using it as an example) they would just have to make different things changable such as helmet/no helmet, the ability to choose jet pack/no jet pack/type of jet pack. they would also be able to choose the color of the armor, and different things they would wear.

what do you all think? i think it would be possible, but difficult but once somebody makes one, if it is possible, i am sure more people would make new species that can be changes, i also think it would make mulitplayer more enjoyable

post your thoughts
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
08-15-2003, 4:26 PM
Well, since we are represented with only one gender of a few species like Twi-leik and Zabrak, this is a definit in my mind. Also because the game is supposed to be more "mod friendly". If not no biggy, still my favorite Star Wars game for the year.
 Hellfire Jedi
08-15-2003, 4:32 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, you could set anything to be rideable, I think, from what I've read. Imagine riding on top of a stormies head...;D
 boinga1
08-15-2003, 9:11 PM
I'm sure you can. I think you might have to re-tag them, or something...OK, I dunno how, but I do think there will be a way, althoguh not as easy a way as in JO.
 The Cheat
08-15-2003, 10:58 PM
it will probably be more difficult but i think it would be more cool to have new customizable generic models people make to add even more variety to multiplayer
 ImmolatedYoda
08-16-2003, 4:49 AM
in your original post, you talk about both singleplayer and multiplayer, so....JO models will work almost automatically, its been said, with JA, so actually creating (modelling) those new species and putting them in the game will not be difficult. i dont know how the system will work, but i imagine you would have to create a seperate new skin for each leg, arm, torso, etc. that you wanted to have available in a different color/pattern. actually, now that i re-read your post i see that you are talking about model customizations, okay. i forget what system it was, but in other Q3 games such as RtCW and SoF2, it is possible to make the NPCs have randomly different outfits, belts, goggles, etc., giving a more personalized appearance to each character. as far as JA goes..it would not surprise me if a similar system was employed, but i also wouldnt be surprised if they just go simple and leave skins as the only customizable character option (other than race).
 The Count
08-16-2003, 8:56 AM
We won't even need a Mod, If I recall correctly all the model author has to do is create the garmet (or Alien head or whatever) weight and do whatever else it is, place it in the Base folder and volia.
 defalc
08-16-2003, 1:54 PM
Mars is making a Mandalorian pack? Whereee? *whimper* show meeee
 The Cheat
08-16-2003, 2:52 PM
check out the showcase forum in the modeling section, hes making jango, boba, several clones and others, should be released soon, it was made for the aotc:tc so im not sure if anakin will want it released but if he does it should be out soon
 Kodaichi Kuno
08-19-2003, 6:42 PM
OMG! It's The Chort! I mean The Sneak......

;)
 StormHammer
08-19-2003, 8:28 PM
I'm certainly hoping that it will be possible to utilise some of the NPC models from SP as further selections for the player via a mod. It would be nice if you could pick a Wookiee, for example. The devs said somewhere it should be relatively easy to add more skin combinations for the existing models...but they didn't mention much about adding completely new models for player selection in SP. If it is possible, then I think there might be more incentive for people to produce some very good quality models of the other SW races...
Page: 1 of 1