Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Freelance Police...

Page: 1 of 1
 Oh No Melon
08-09-2003, 12:39 AM
I'm just curious about everyone's position on the new game. From the thread about the cancellation of Full Throttle 2, a lot of people seem to think that the graphics and what from S&M2 are terrible; am I the only person who thinks that they aren't half bad?
 AndrewL
08-09-2003, 3:12 AM
Either way you have it. Sam and Max is seen as a 2d hand drawn thing. With the past game, show and comics. To see them in 3d kinda takes away from what we're used to seeing. I for one support the game no matter what. Whatever will put sam and max back into the lime light. Which will hopefully lead to more merchandise and other things like that. Make steve purcell some money and encourage him to do more things we can take note of. Instead of doing work with pixar and not seeing any results.
 Setion
08-09-2003, 3:22 AM
So did you really dig Toe Jam and Earl 3?

It's fine, they can just keep killing my memories.
 Skinkie
08-09-2003, 4:19 AM
I'm in favor of this game, addmittedly when I saw the screenshots I was a little doubtful on the graphics, but then I watched the movie and seeing it in action has greatly dimminished my fears.
 Setion
08-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Adding a dimension is not worth that of taking the LIFE out of it.

But hey, if they could use some nice cell shading, I think everybody wins.
 jipe
08-11-2003, 4:31 PM
Instead of doing work with pixar and not seeing any results.

Er, so you're saying Pixar isn't going anywhere? Because 5 brilliant blockbusters in a row is unheard of...
 Jester
08-11-2003, 5:25 PM
He isn't, actually.
 AndrewL
08-12-2003, 1:55 AM
well put Jester. I'm sayin as Mr. Purcell is workin at pixar we aren't really seeing his work. I don't even know if he's still there. You check the credits in any of their movies? I doubt you'll see his name. I'm wasn't talking about the company in general.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-13-2003, 10:15 AM
I don't really like Pixar. It's just Disney story garbage in THREE DIMENSIONSOSNSONSONSOSN! to me.
 Setion
08-13-2003, 8:40 PM
Nah man, that "Disney Garbage" == "Raping the corpse of old successful movies (and some unsucessful ones) and parading them around while their respective limbs fall off and land in your soup de jour: 'childhood'"

But I don't mind the 3D that pixar does, they do it well and pull it off succesfully, and have good scripts and music to back it up. That's way better than the "misfigured slanty childish lines" and "pop-icon music of the day" disney is trying to pull off.
 sentience
08-14-2003, 11:56 AM
We shouldn't read too much into the graphics right now ... broken sword 3's graphics are now totally different from the concept 3D screenshots, and no doubt Sam & Max 2 will follow suit ... Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think I read that S&M2 will (for some part, at least) use hand-drawn backdrops, so I guess it might turn out like Grim Fandango, which, IMHO, was perfect.
 Bastige
08-16-2003, 6:54 PM
im looking for the pictures of sam and max out of the game manuel......i lost mine and i cant get in the game.......:mad:
 sheaday6
08-16-2003, 9:14 PM
and how does that relate to the topic at hand?
 Jester
08-17-2003, 3:32 AM
What else can you expect from a Bastige?
 Setion
08-17-2003, 4:40 PM
Suggestions for bastige:

1. beasties
2. beastie
3. bestial
4. bestir
5. besiege
6. bassist
7. bistate
8. bister
9. bestially