Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mappers?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Linux
08-07-2003, 6:58 PM
I'm just trying to figure out why we can't seem to find any mappers to make maps for this MOD. You'd think with all the MODs that have closed up shop in the last year, there be some mappers looking for something to do. We have 10 maps to complete and somethings gotta change. If you know of some competant quake3 mappers, please send them our way!

thanks in advance
 The Count
08-07-2003, 8:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this, personally I am hoping when Jedi Academy is released there will be another surge in mappers that will want to come on board.

I would map for you, but I haven't a clue, I remember about 3 years ago I tried to learn JED to map for the original Jedi Knight, but I lack the concentration and was too lazy to read all those tutorials and stuff.

However I'm sure you'll get your Maps done, especially when JA comes out.
 Emon
08-08-2003, 5:50 AM
I could make a map or two.
 Emon
08-08-2003, 5:11 PM
Which maps need to be done?
 Emon
08-09-2003, 12:37 AM
Hello?
 Darth_Linux
08-09-2003, 5:22 AM
testing testing one two three

sorry, had a very long day at work, away from here.

maps needing to be completed:

Test Base
Detention Center
Refueling Station
Jabba's Ship
Robotics Facility
The Executor
The Arc Hammer
Ramses Hed
Imperial City

emon, got any screenshots from your other maps or sample maps to check out?
 Emon
08-09-2003, 7:23 AM
I can't say that I do, I never got around to doing any mapping projects for JO, due to other problems I was having. However I'm perfectly knowledgeable in many, many aspects of game design, mapping and programming being my favorites.

I've been working with brushes and Q3 since before JO came out, and I'm always helping other guys on the editing forums here or at Massassi (although I've gotten bored of it because people ask the same dumb **** and never use the search, grr), and I'm most of the brains behind the tech and scripting stuff of Sine_Nomen's Nar Shaddaa map which I'm sure you've seen showcased here, as well as AKPiggot's Party Crasher.

This is a sequel to a JK map I made in 2001, which I never finished due to lack of interest on my part and the community's: http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum5/HTML/009735.html)
 Emon
08-09-2003, 7:24 AM
Oh and, I could whip up a Radiant test map if you'd like.
 MilesTeg
08-09-2003, 7:57 AM
hum... I donґt think Emon needs to send in any sample maps... just look at the massasi forums:
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum5/HTML/009859.html)
(he converted a highpoly model of the Executor into a JO Map!)

He has a VERY profound knowledge of how GTKRadiant, q3map2 and JO in general are working.

And he has been on nearly all important forums for years :D

just my 2 cents ;)
 Fracman
08-09-2003, 8:06 AM
Radiant test map? What about the inside of the Executor?
We need that one :D
Nice screenshots on both urls above !!!
 Darth_Linux
08-09-2003, 2:55 PM
wow those are some sweet shots.

Emon, check your private message please.

thanks
 The Count
08-09-2003, 5:13 PM
Emon, I saw your remake of that Unreal Tournament Level for Jedi Knight, that was sweet, way better than the actual Unreal Tournament Level.
 Barry Brien
08-09-2003, 7:43 PM
I intend to get into JO mapping within the next year, so when I do, I'll let you know.
 Darth_Linux
08-09-2003, 11:20 PM
hi Barry - what have you been up to lately?? haven't seen you in some time. Still doing textures and stuff??
 Emon
08-10-2003, 2:15 AM
Barry just showcased a badass Coruscant level at Massassi. :)

Edit: For Dark Forces!

*Emon summons the Sine entity
 Sine Nomen
08-10-2003, 2:24 AM
I'm game, after I finish Nar Shaddaa and get settled into school. Ramses Hed and Coruscant both sound interesting.
 Darth_Linux
08-10-2003, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by Sine Nomen
I'm game, after I finish Nar Shaddaa and get settled into school. Ramses Hed and Coruscant both sound interesting.

very very good Sine. Can't wait to get you started on stuff.

what about you Emon - any map choices in particular?
 Emon
08-10-2003, 2:23 PM
I'll have to reinstall DF and take a look.
 Mullaney
08-10-2003, 5:04 PM
I'm really glad to see Emon helping the team. Whenever I check the other forums I usually see him helping others effectively and efficiently.
 Emon
08-11-2003, 1:41 AM
Why thank you.
 ZBomber
08-11-2003, 2:20 AM
I'm a begginer at mapping, so I won't be much help, unless you guys wanna train me. I can do the basic stuff thoguh, just need a little more training on Circular objects and crap. :dozey:
 recnaleerF
08-11-2003, 6:34 AM
Hi, I'd love to help you out with Jabba's Ship. It was one of my favorites in DF. Jabba's pool makes it all worth it. :) I've got a long history of JK editing as well as JO editing. Unfortunately, my 'image hoster' had a few technical problems, and lost my more recent JO work, but here (http://www.geocities.com/bozoboy33/1.html) is a comprehensive listing of most, if not all, of my JK work.

If you'd like to see some JO shots in a test map, just say the word and it will be done. Emon can vouch for me, too. :) Anyway, hope you consider me for Jabba's Ship. I'd love to work on it.
 Emon
08-11-2003, 4:26 PM
recnaleerF = Freelancer/Kevinator, by the way, other names were taken.

Free's one of my favorite mappers, and a really nice guy. He would be worth having without a mapper shortage.
 Emon
08-12-2003, 1:06 AM
The Robotics Facility looks like fun, as does the Arc Hammer and Detention Center. I think I'll start on the first of those.
 jp-30
08-12-2003, 8:15 AM
Well, this is good news!
 Darth_Linux
08-12-2003, 3:37 PM
Emon and Freelancer please send an email to darth_linux AT planetblood DOT com and I'll get you the connection details to the team FTP site and team FORUM where you will be able to download the current build (which includes all the textures) plus some 2D map layouts and such.

thanks!

Dave
 Barry Brien
08-15-2003, 8:47 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
hi Barry - what have you been up to lately?? haven't seen you in some time. Still doing textures and stuff??

No, unfortunately I had to retire from that for the time being. I still keep a very close eye on what's going on though and I would love to get involved with this project in the forseeable future. I'm just really busy at the moment.
 Darth_Linux
08-15-2003, 8:59 PM
Originally posted by Barry Brien
No, unfortunately I had to retire from that for the time being. I still keep a very close eye on what's going on though and I would love to get involved with this project in the forseeable future. I'm just really busy at the moment.

let me know when you have some time and you are welcome back on board in a heartbeat.

thanks!
 Barry Brien
08-15-2003, 9:13 PM
Cheers, I will keep that in mind :) At the moment I'm really busy with my Df project, and I'll be moving out soon, and I'll need to get a decnet pc before I can start JO/JA editing seriously, but I'll definitely let you know if and when my services are fully available to you.
Page: 1 of 1