Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Have the radiomessages been in included?

Page: 1 of 1
 oasisfan
08-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Have raven included radiomessages in the game? For CTF/Siege and all the oter gametypes.

I was glad to hear the concussion rifle has made a come back :D

Oasisfan
 Prime
08-05-2003, 1:01 PM
Radio messages?
 FiNLuX
08-05-2003, 1:11 PM
Ehh, I think he means when you can like press a button then choose a message like "go go go" like in counter-strike and then it says so like a taunt. so everyone on your team can here it.
 Prime
08-05-2003, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by FiNLuX
Ehh, I think he means when you can like press a button then choose a message like "go go go" like in counter-strike and then it says so like a taunt. so everyone on your team can here it. Oh. I don't think I have heard a mention of anything like that being in JA.
 StormHammer
08-05-2003, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by FiNLuX
Ehh, I think he means when you can like press a button then choose a message like "go go go" like in counter-strike and then it says so like a taunt. so everyone on your team can here it.

It would be nice to have a wide range of voiced commands/comments bound to keys, like in Unreal Tournament. I certainly hope Raven have at least looked at this for team-based game modes. It would certainly save a bit of time having to type things out (if you're not a script junkie).

And just to cover all bases...I don't think we'll see voice-over-net within the game. It would be a nice feature (particularly if you could 'blank' other players not on your team so you can discuss tactics in real-time), but I don't think we'll see that any time soon for this game series.
 Tinny
08-05-2003, 3:19 PM
i used to use roger wilco, but now our clan uses teamspeak, excellent little program that takes less bandwidth and has much more clarity. really fun to use in clan matches :D
 Wesia Daoke
08-05-2003, 3:50 PM
"Ownage" "Smoke you" or stuff like that. oh wait thats Ureal Toruny my bad :p
 Reclaimer
08-05-2003, 4:17 PM
I can see it now."GO GO GO MARINES!" In Siege HEY LUKE DUKE,SLOW DOWN! opps thats Halo 2 but hey still that's awsome.
 FK | unnamed
08-05-2003, 4:21 PM
what he means is voice messages like "cap the flag now" or "enemy at base" and such.
 txa1265
08-05-2003, 4:53 PM
:mad: :swear: :disaprove: :wornout: :wid:
 Prime
08-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Does that mean we can have some that call people "lame" and "gay"? Then everyone will think I am a "kewl d00d".
 Rad Blackrose
08-05-2003, 10:10 PM
How will it be handled though? Is it ala Tribes/Tribes 2 or Counter-Strike/Half-Life?
 Blademaster_109
08-05-2003, 11:48 PM
i'd like one that said

use the force!
 Obi-Wan X
08-06-2003, 12:17 AM
I don't see why Random Taunts couldn't be made. An automatic message after a kill would also be nice. One or two taunts like in JO MP simply isn't enough.

If you get a voice actor to come in, or someone to do voice acting, then its not that hard for him to speak 5 or 6 exact phrases :rolleyes: . While I don't want 60 gb of taunt, I wouln't mind adding a couple hundred mb just for speech. And I doubt it would go to high.

They could have used "COMLINK" messages. Essentially the same think as UT except with a different name :D . These would have really been useful during CTF. Slap down on a scripted button to inform them that the base is under attack. Instead of stopping to type this out while a jedi is escaping.

I'm not a slow typer, far from it, but in a game with force speed and the like, timing is everything. I think it would be funny for Raven to include an auto taunt along with others that says.

" Bow to that!" or something along those lines. It would make a direct reference to honor bows as well as have something to do with just getting wiped off the map by a lightsaber / weapon/ explosive :).
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
08-06-2003, 1:01 AM
Originally posted by oasisfan
Have raven included radiomessages in the game? For CTF/Siege and all the oter gametypes.

I was glad to hear the concussion rifle has made a come back :D

Oasisfan

Maybe...

:)
 GC256
08-06-2003, 1:10 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D
 Obi-Wan X
08-06-2003, 2:05 AM
Eeeeeeek!

*Bows*

Any Conc Screenies ? ^_^
 yolkboy
08-06-2003, 2:24 AM
That "Maybe" looks promising :D
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
08-06-2003, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Maybe...

:)

To clarify:

For Siege: maybe.

For CTF etc.: maybe not.

For Duel: Maybe there aren't sounds (other than the taunt sound), but maybe there are, now, a formal set of gestures/anims you can bind to keys.
 Matt-Liell
08-06-2003, 3:26 PM
To clarify:

For Duel: Maybe there aren't sounds (other than the taunt sound), but maybe there are, now, a formal set of gestures/anims you can bind to keys.

Could you possibly change those answers to yes?:p
 Reclaimer
08-06-2003, 3:27 PM
O Master ChangKhan[RAVEN] has brought us good news for us let us Celebrate!
 oasisfan
08-07-2003, 1:07 PM
To clarify:

Sounds good enuff for me, if it's any like the Enemy Territories game then yah I couldnt be happier for the siege mod.

CTF hm..well I guess I'll have to wait and see when the game's released ;)

Oasis
 yolkboy
08-07-2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
O Master ChangKhan[RAVEN] has brought us good news for us let us Celebrate!
Well I would have posted a message but the forums wont allow me. Too many pictures... :D Reclaimer knows what I'm talking about :p
Page: 1 of 1