Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

20% chance of it coming to JO?

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
08-05-2003, 12:10 AM
:(

Well, I haven't checked this place in a long time and am saddened to see that. I'm not mad, because I agree if it is for the better then yeah, do it. But I won't be able to play it since my PC is FUBAR and can barely run JO as it is. JA is coming on my XBOX. Oh well, there's that slim chance it'll come to JO, but I ain't holding my breath...

I no longer even have a reason to visit LF anymore now that I won't be able to play this...

Farewell and good luck on the mod guys. I'll be sure to check out that website when One finds some time to get it up and running and drool over the screens. ;)

The real, original Dark Forces will have to suffice then. It is after all my 2nd favorite game of all time (yup, KotOR is that good :D) I guess after playing Sam and Max Hit the Road for a week, DF's graphics are actually quite impressive :p
 The Count
08-05-2003, 7:47 AM
I think you have to realise that its not about wanting to switch over to Jedi Academy, but rather being forced to, to prevent it becoming a "glorified map pack"

Oh and BTW I don't mean to sound rude or offend you, but I honestly think this post sounds a tad bitter and pathetic.

Sorry I feel that way, feel free to state if you feel I'm being to harsh on you if you want.
 The_One
08-05-2003, 8:45 PM
You will certainly be missed around here Katarn07. But please pop in from time to time and say hi! Who knows, you might end up with a copy of JA for PC (with a good enough PC to run it) - or we may end up releasing on JO. I haven't taken this up with the team yet, but if we do release on JA, I'd like to get a map pack together for SP JO - I think that would at least partially satisfy those unable to afford JA.

Either way, I'm sorted here - sitting on a nice new P4 system - just installed!

3.0GHz w/ HT 800FSB
MSI Neo 2
512MB PC3200

Only thing holding it all back is this GeForce3 - but it is still better than yours :p I shall christen this the Dark Forces MOD PC, as this is probably the fastest PC on the team. I'm expecting people to start asking me to compile things soon ;)

Good luck Katarn07!
 Darth_Linux
08-05-2003, 8:56 PM
hey can you compile our new website soon?? <snicker>

couldn't resist ;-)
 The_One
08-05-2003, 9:04 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
hey can you compile our new website soon?? <snicker>

couldn't resist ;-)

F**k you! I quit.

:D

It will be done by the end of the weekend. I hope.
 Katarn07
08-05-2003, 9:17 PM
I hope so too, One :)

And Dooku, this is not meant to be bitching to them, no matter how many times I had done so in the past :p

And I do realize the reasons, read my entire post.

I'm not mad, because I agree if it is for the better then yeah, do it.

I actually might hold off on JA for XBOX and wait for the new PC. It'll be here summer of 2004 (hopefully) :) Knowing how many times this mod is pushed back, I'll still have to wait :p j/k, I understand all the delays and am very excited for the website's return. Maybe if I see some content on there I just gotta compliment you on, I'll swing on over here. But until then this will be my last post. ;)
 Fracman
08-06-2003, 2:15 PM
Oooohh and I thought you would soon beat the 3k post barrier :D
We'll wait right here for you, enjoy your trip to the XBOX ! :p
 Mullaney
08-06-2003, 3:44 PM
Ohh the Drama.

This is the most dramatic thread ever. Instead of whining about the computer save for a new one or steal it . . . yeah steal it. How about this . . . Sell your xbox and xbox games and buy new parts for your pc.
 The_One
08-06-2003, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by Mullaney
Ohh the Drama.

This is the most dramatic thread ever. Instead of whining about the computer save for a new one or steal it . . . yeah steal it. How about this . . . Sell your xbox and xbox games and buy new parts for your pc.

Excuse me, but Katarn07 has been one the longest standing, most loyal and supportive fans this mod has had. His posts have provided many great discussions, and humour. He will be missed around here by the team, and the others of us who have known him since day one. Please don't insult/give him a hard time purely on the basis of his departure.
 The Count
08-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I hope so too, One :)

And Dooku, this is not meant to be bitching to them, no matter how many times I had done so in the past :p

And I do realize the reasons, read my entire post.

I actually might hold off on JA for XBOX and wait for the new PC. It'll be here summer of 2004 (hopefully) :) Knowing how many times this mod is pushed back, I'll still have to wait :p j/k, I understand all the delays and am very excited for the website's return. Maybe if I see some content on there I just gotta compliment you on, I'll swing on over here. But until then this will be my last post. ;)

I don't think you are bitching, more so like, booohoooohoooo I don't have a fast enough PC to run JO, I didn't mean pathetic in the "loser" way, more so that oh woe is me way.

I'm also pretty dissapointed in you aswell not coming here just because the MOD will be ported over to JA, just because you won't be able to play it as soon as possible doesn't mean you can't input some decent feedback to the team. This forum is actually the only real reason I come on LucasForums, besides occasionaly going on the Showcase forums and I do spend abit in the Jedi Academy forum for the sole purpose of new information on the game I intend to buy in September, the rest of the LucasForums are jam packed full of Matrix fanboys (you said yourself this is the only place I make decent threads) and people who complain alot.

Thats why I think you're thread is pathetic and bitter because you're leaving just because of the fact that it is moving to JA.
 Emon
08-07-2003, 4:44 PM
For the record:

MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
 The Count
08-07-2003, 5:36 PM
Originally posted by Emon
For the record:

MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.
MOD = wrong.
Mod = right.

Does it really matter? I know Mod is short for modification but I'm sure you have better things to do with your talents than nickpikett my spelling.
 The_One
08-07-2003, 6:58 PM
I wont have members flaming and insulting other members on my forum.

I'm sorry I have to close this.

If it happens again, I will report those responsible to a higher authority.
Page: 1 of 1