Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any suggestions ??

Page: 1 of 1
 another_trooper
08-02-2003, 1:50 PM
Im totaly bored and I dont know what to do with my free time.
Im considering buying some game, but I have no idea whatsoever on which one to buy. . .
Suggest away plz:)
 Kylilin
08-02-2003, 7:11 PM
Try taking a long walk off a short pier.
 Rogue15
08-03-2003, 3:37 AM
morrowind
 another_trooper
08-10-2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Kylilin

If you dont have anything to say, dont post.
 Reclaimer
08-10-2003, 4:55 PM
If you got an XBOX get KOTOR if not get Galaxys for Computer.
 Kylilin
08-10-2003, 7:16 PM
Originally posted by another_trooper
If you dont have anything to say, dont post.

:violin: <--- The worlds smallest violin, playing just for you.

I said something, and I'll post when I feel like it.
 oninosensi
08-11-2003, 1:56 PM
Don't mind Kylilin; he's tries the long walk off the short pier and feels it's good for everyone to do at least once. :D

And as hot as it is here, if I had a short pier over some nice cold water, I walk in a heartbeat.

As for you question:

American McGee's Alice - Alice in Wonderland, twisted and surreal. Cool game. You don't get a health meter, you get a sanity meter. Cam packaged with a game called Undying that was okay, better if you like games filled with puzzles. They where cheap...

Always fun in the mass destruction catagory: Unreal Tournement - running about, blasting people madly. Excellent bot support, feels almost like your playing against humans, not bots. Tons of mods and levels for it out there, my favs being Tactical Ops (Special Forces Vs Terrorists), and Unreal Fortress. Also, comes with an editor, though no documentation for it.
 Zoom Rabbit
08-11-2003, 9:50 PM
You kids need to shut off the darn teevee and go play outside! :max: It's nice out.

Or computer...well, that's kind of like a teevee...

*(Throws a basketball into the thread.)* Here! :D
 Boba Rhett
08-11-2003, 10:03 PM
*pokes at the orangish sphere with a stick*
 Redwing
08-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Morrowind. :D
 Ray Jones
08-12-2003, 6:47 AM
or place yourself down on a nice place like a lake (make a nice walk there.. people are always too lazy to walk.. )

grab a book and read it..

my advice..

tom sawyer
fury
around the world in 80 days
the adventures of Huck Finn
anything else by J. Verne

or some like .. the discovery of the chaos..

this one might be useful, too:

Basketball, a short compendium.

New Code: a drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts
 BeastMaster
08-19-2003, 11:12 PM
I'm currently hunting Dark Angel: Skin Game. I've read Before the Dawn, and I have After the Dark sitting on a shelf taunting me, but it's part 3 of the trilogy. :(

And none of you care.

*grabs B-ball and executes a perfect three-point layup*
 Redwing
09-03-2003, 11:05 AM
I care in that I sympathize, despite having never heard of those books. :D

I refuse to read book trilogies out of order. >.<
 Pedro The Hutt
09-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Same here, it'll either confuse you or spoil the previous book(s ), so I stay clear from doing such things.
 Rogue15
09-04-2003, 5:04 AM
DEUS EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 BeastMaster
09-09-2003, 1:55 PM
Do not attempt to adjust your set. This is a Streaming Freedom Video bulletin. This cable hack will last exactly sixty seconds. It cannot be traced. It cannot be stopped, and it is the only free voice left in this city.

The books are spinoff/continuations of the Dark Angel TV series, one of the very few good SF series on TV (naturally, it was cancelled after one season). Produced by FOX (thus, the short lifespan), and created by James "Titanic" Cameron, the show starred Jessica Alba as Max, a "genetically engineered superbabe" who escaped as a child from Project Manticore and has been living on the run ever since. When she meets Logan Cale, renegade cyber-journalist, she stops running. :shads2:

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue197/angel2.jpg)

Space Channel is going to be re-airing the series starting tonight, so you can become reacquainted if you're in Canada.

I have found Skin Game, just in time for it to go into The BoxTM, where it will remain until I have finished reading the eight novels for my one course this semester.

Also in The BoxTM is the finale of the trilogy; After the Dark, as well as Sir Apropos, of Nothing by Peter David, and another book called Matrix Warrior, which is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a Matrix novelization. :shads2:
 SilverUmaa
09-11-2003, 2:28 PM
Yeah...books are usually good weapons with which to beat back boredom. I highly recommend anything by Roger Zelazny or Stephen Brust, myself. Or Thomas Harlan. Or Steven Hawking.

And since this is my first post and I didn't see a "Hi, my name is:" thread..ur...hi. Y'all can call me Umaa, I s'pose. I followed Pedro's advice and came over here, since apparently it's where all the cool people lurk.
 Wombat3
09-12-2003, 6:12 AM
or at least some of them. unfortunatly, not alot of people come here anymore.
 BeastMaster
09-15-2003, 3:28 PM
Quality versus quantity.

The collective coolness of those of us who do post here is higher than the coolness level of other, more populated forums. :shads2:

Salutations, SilverUmaa.
 Jaden007
09-17-2003, 11:42 AM
I like playing Computer,(I got tons a games :D ) I like playng JK2,JK3 preorder, um Soldier of fourtune 2 , wolfenstein ET , NOLF 2,Mohaa spearhead,BAttlefield.

really thats all i do I homeschool.(that means out of school early :D But you always can Skate board,or rollerblade

thats all dunno what else
 Pedro The Hutt
09-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Perhaps a bit more school to up your spelling wouldn't hurt though.
 SilverUmaa
09-20-2003, 10:15 PM
*stares at Ped*

Meanie. *chuckle*

Another good way to kill boredom is to suddenly realize at four that you were supposed to be at work at noon. It leads to at least forty minutes of running around screaming "aw hells" and such.

And let us not forget watching just how slowly the download of demos goes on your computer...that's always fun.
 BeastMaster
09-22-2003, 1:26 PM
:newbie:

Yeah, Pedro. It's a September Newbie; they tend to turn up this time of year when everyone gets their first PCs/first private net access. They either grow up, wander off, or get themselves killed. Just ignore it and maybe it'll go away.

'Sides, hir profile says s/he's (*does math*) 11. Not exactly a University-level English major.

Originally posted by SilverUmaa
Another good way to kill boredom is to suddenly realize at four that you were supposed to be at work at noon. *snicker*

:freakout: <--SilverUmaa
 Pedro The Hutt
09-22-2003, 3:47 PM
Wonderful lass isn't she?
 SilverUmaa
09-22-2003, 6:34 PM
Wow, BeastMaster. How'd you know that's how I looked? *chuckle* The hair was definitely standing on end.

And just out of curiosity...how do the newbies get killed off? I'd sorta like to avoid that fate, if at all possible.
 another_trooper
09-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Its been a while since i checked this thread, and i am happy to see that it has gone terribly wrong (like most things around here ;) )

newbies dont get killed, they just die
dont ask me how, thats just how it is. . . :D
 SilverUmaa
09-24-2003, 1:21 PM
But...but...

I dun wanna die!!

*glares at Pedro* You never said anything about newbies having to die when you told me to come here!!

Just a casual aside...anyone have any suggestions for a gal starting in on her first runthrough of Dark Forces 2? (And please don't kill me...I'm a cheap-ass and relatively new to the SW gaming thing)
 Pedro The Hutt
09-24-2003, 1:26 PM
I never had to die when I first joined o.o I'll just go.. and eh.. die in your place, or something.

And as a hint, don't expect to have the Force(or a saber) by your side for the first 5 or so levels ^.^ But all in all JK's a very do-able game, challenging, aye, but not to hair pulling frustrating levels. XD
 SilverUmaa
09-24-2003, 1:29 PM
Awwwh. *chuckle* How sweet. *snort*

But I'd rather you didn't die...I'll just find a way to make myself immortal or something.
 another_trooper
09-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Of course you will, of course you will . . .:rolleyes:

Anyhow, i suggest you stick with guns, its more challenging and more fun than the 4 different motion swings of the lightsaber.
But you should use the force powers though, you actually have to at certain points in the game.
 Bobo Donkey™
09-25-2003, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by Kylilin

Thats about as funny as a screen door in a battleship.
 Vanilla Gorilla
09-25-2003, 4:17 PM
Originally posted by Bobo Donkey™
Thats about as funny as a screen door in a battleship.

A screen door in a submarine you DORK.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-25-2003, 5:58 PM
Originally posted by another_trooper
Of course you will, of course you will . . .:rolleyes:

Anyhow, i suggest you stick with guns, its more challenging and more fun than the 4 different motion swings of the lightsaber.
But you should use the force powers though, you actually have to at certain points in the game.
hm, basic, forward, backward, sideways, alternative, that's 5 XD that and the Saber Battle X3 mod more than doubles that amount. And adds two sabers ^.^ makes it so much more fun. (that and I'm a sucker for sabers)
 SilverUmaa
09-25-2003, 8:45 PM
We already knew this, Pedro-san. ^.^

Thanks for the advice, folks...Though now I've gotta find someone that still has the mods...all Fileplanet has is a trio of saber mods.

Unt...You guys have definitely been watching too much Back to the Future. Yeah. I'm gonna make like a tree and leave now...
 Kylilin
09-26-2003, 3:13 AM
Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla
A screen door in a submarine you DORK.

Thank you.
 BeastMaster
09-26-2003, 6:06 PM
The best general JK/MotS advice I can give is to remember your line-of-sight. You don't have to be directly behind something to use it as cover. When your enemies are behind cover, so are you. Keep your back to a wall, 'cause that's one less direction you can be attacked from.

When dealing with grenade-throwers, run in close as quickly as possible. When dealing with railgunners, jink from side to side (and hop).

In all cases, prioritize your enemies. Take out the most dangerous/distracting ones first so you'll be able to concentrate on the others.

You can also do some impressive sniping in first-person, with the crosshairs. If you can see it, you can hit it, even if "it" is just a tiny smear of pixels at extreme range.

Let us know when you get off Nar Shaddaa; different battlefields call for different tactics.
 SilverUmaa
09-26-2003, 10:44 PM
Wow. It's a science. *chuckle* I haven't gotten very far yet...mostly because I've been working on a paper all week (and will be this weekend), so there hasn't been any time to play. At all.

I do suddenly feel very loved though. *g*
 Kylilin
09-27-2003, 3:38 AM
Wow. It's a science.

No, its just the benefit of years of experience.
Page: 1 of 1